Author Topic: I love KOF XII  (Read 29792 times)

Dark Geese

Re: I love KOF XII
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »
Who was considered cheap in XII anyway??? I can kinda see how Kyo could be but that's about it honestly...

I wouldnt say anyone really is cheap, it really is a well balanced game. Kyo is really attack based he doesnt have a command grab now if he did he would be very strong indeed. Iori can be a pain but since his command grab doesn't work like it does in the older KOFs, he is weaker...

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 04:29:30 PM »
So yeah, I finally got XII back, I'm now playing against a guy with red bars, and actually, the netcode is not that bad as last time that I played like a year ago, isn't competitively good if we talk about, but isn't 98um levels of bad

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:36:55 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 04:23:20 AM »
Who was considered cheap in XII anyway??? I can kinda see how Kyo could be but that's about it honestly...

I wouldnt say anyone really is cheap, it really is a well balanced game. Kyo is really attack based he doesnt have a command grab now if he did he would be very strong indeed. Iori can be a pain but since his command grab doesn't work like it does in the older KOFs, he is weaker...

Kyo does have a command grab in XII...

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 07:24:36 PM »
kyo never had a command grab.man i think you played too much mugen or you mistake he's qcb or hcb + k as a command grab.

Who was considered cheap in XII anyway???

Personally i consider the whole game cheap and a piece of shit but hey... some people actually like it
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:30:29 PM by KBlackNoah »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 08:59:48 PM »
I believe that the game is balanced in a way that everybody is so nerfed that nobody really stands out

Even though, it seems that the more used chars are robert, joe, kyo, iori

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »
Kyo's hcb+K is not considered a command grab?

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 11:06:42 PM »
Kyo's hcb+K is not considered a command grab?

It's just a move.Command grabs are throws that cannot be blocked/escaped..etc (if they got you... you are screwed LOL) like clark (qcf +k), ralph, vice, iori...etc

That kyo move can be blocked and heavily punished ... why you tought it was a command grab? just because of the animation?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:17:20 PM by KBlackNoah »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 12:19:27 AM »
I considered it a command grab since it's a grab that uses a command instead of the standard throw.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 12:52:48 AM »
I considered it a command grab since it's a grab that uses a command instead of the standard throw.

sorry man but this is funny... how can this be a grab if it can be blocked?

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 02:35:56 AM »

I believe that, since it can be blocked, it is considered an "attack throw", requiring that the initial "hit" portion of the move lands. By definition, command grabs cannot be blocked.

Though, it would be reasonable to assume that a command grab is any grab that may be done outside of the standard/normal throw input; like the difference between a normal and a command normal.

In XIII, Kyo's EX version of that move does indeed become a short range command throw, being unblockable.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 02:45:05 AM »
Though, it would be reasonable to assume that a command grab is any grab that may be done outside of the standard/normal throw input; like the difference between a normal and a command normal.
That is just an animation.A grab (no matter the animation) has like you said one basic propriety it cannot be blocked (in case of an command grab it cannot be escaped).There is no reason to call or even assume that kyo's hcb+k is a grab or anything similar.
that is no attack throw that is a move LOL that has 2 animations if it hits ..stop trying to be extra nice
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:47:46 AM by KBlackNoah »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 02:54:29 AM »
What you quoted was a statement I made regarding nilcam's assumption of a command grab requiring a command rather than the standard throw. I made the analogy of grab:command grab::normal:command normal, so I'm saying i understood how he could feel that way.

that is no attack throw that is a move LOL that has 2 animations if it hits ..stop trying to be extra nice

It is an attack throw. Just like Zanretsuken. Just like Decide. Just like Geneikyaku. "Attack throw" is an actual fighting game term, whether you want to believe it or not.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 03:11:54 AM »
What you quoted was a statement I made regarding nilcam's assumption of a command grab requiring a command rather than the standard throw. I made the analogy of grab:command grab::normal:command normal, so I'm saying i understood how he could feel that way.

It is an attack throw. Just like Zanretsuken. Just like Decide. Just like Geneikyaku. "Attack throw" is an actual fighting game term, whether you want to believe it or not.

yes but not in kof and have nothing to do with a move that has 2 animations, only game i heard use that term is soulcalibur and that stuff is not that easy to execute (you have to input a series of commands not just do a move) ..just stop it LOL
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:15:35 AM by KBlackNoah »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 03:52:17 AM »
I believe that hcb + k shouldn't be considered because this could be blocked

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf