Author Topic: I love KOF XII  (Read 29789 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: I love KOF XII
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 04:17:30 AM »
Mea culpa, people.
everybody makes mistakes, tho we always strive to be godlike :))

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 05:04:27 AM »
kyo never had a command grab.

KOF2k2, XI.

KOF12?

Never heard of it. Actually, I think you guys are full of shit. There is no such thing as KOF12, SNK skipped 12 and made 13. Doesn't exist.

If it does, then it's some Mugen game.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
What you quoted was a statement I made regarding nilcam's assumption of a command grab requiring a command rather than the standard throw. I made the analogy of grab:command grab::normal:command normal, so I'm saying i understood how he could feel that way.

that is no attack throw that is a move LOL that has 2 animations if it hits ..stop trying to be extra nice

It is an attack throw. Just like Zanretsuken. Just like Decide. Just like Geneikyaku. "Attack throw" is an actual fighting game term, whether you want to believe it or not.

yes but not in kof and have nothing to do with a move that has 2 animations, only game i heard use that term is soulcalibur and that stuff is not that easy to execute (you have to input a series of commands not just do a move) ..just stop it LOL

"attack throws" are also known as catch throws in some games, like Virtua Fighter and I believe they call it that in Dead or Alive (its been so long since I played this game)...

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 05:03:12 AM »
Ask Nilcam.  I give many people spankings in KOF XII.  The game is still fun to play.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2011, 05:58:14 AM »
Did athena has any good combo?

She really doesn't seem that good in this game, I know that she's more from the style ''hit and run'' but still, she doesn't had too many options

Btw, Raiden is really fun to use her, I don't kow why

Waifu Material

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2011, 06:33:34 AM »
You want to try fighting me?

Athena actually has an infinite and has some decent combos and has a nice keep away game if you use her right.  You can go straight to psycho sword from almost all CD blowbacks. 

I don't use Athena much though.  I stuck to Mature, Chin, Leona, Terry, Goro.

Dark Geese

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »
You want to try fighting me?

Athena actually has an infinite and has some decent combos and has a nice keep away game if you use her right.  You can go straight to psycho sword from almost all CD blowbacks.  

I don't use Athena much though.  I stuck to Mature, Chin, Leona, Terry, Goro.

From what I can recall it's actually a semi-infinite in the corner not an actual infinite.. regarding her [CDxxaerial butt normal].

Dark Geese

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2011, 04:13:25 AM »
KOFXII matches probably coming in a few days everyone so stay tuned!!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2011, 07:29:13 AM »
ralf maybe the hardest character to use in the game but i can still make him seem really good with only 3 moves. if it wasnt for for KOF XII i wouldny b playin at all XII thought me alot and because of that i can play other kof games i really like that u can combo into a CD and the counter system is really creative i would say its the best fighter i played so far....

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 05:04:16 PM »
*Sigh.*

Alright, since I'm in good company, I guess I can admit I actually think KoF XII is decent. I like it more than the earliest entries of the series (pre-'96) and, if the game had stable netcode, I'd probably play it frequently.

The engine was good and the characters I used (Ash, Iori, Kyo, Kim, Robert, and Ryo) had pretty complete movesets. Critical Counters could be kind of scrubby (it's a comeback mechanic, which are usually frowned upon) but otherwise I liked the mechanics (Sousai was novel and Guard Attack actually made the game more back and forth).

Oh well, XIII is basically a faster XII anyway.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »
How you can say Critical Counter was a comeback mechanic?

It's just random nonsense because you had to score a counter hit on your opponent with a hard punch (or kick) to activate it, and there were instances where you could trade, but still activate critical counter, but you wouldn't be able to do anything, or the critical counter would activate, but you'd be too far and you're opponent would crumple to the ground.

KOF12's gameplay systems were just horrible, I hated that Guard Attack. Thank god KOF13 restored things to the way they should be.

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
Well lah-dee-dah, sorry for not understanding what constitutes an 'acceptable' fighting game mechanic.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Besides CC and two button throw I think that the rest of the game was fine, not memorable but not a bad game

Waifu Material

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2011, 12:41:16 AM »
so, i'm on the fence to pick up this game used just to try it. Do you guys think it's worth it if I can get it around $20? or do you think I should forget about it since XIII is just a few weeks away.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2011, 12:49:21 AM »
so, i'm on the fence to pick up this game used just to try it. Do you guys think it's worth it if I can get it around $20? or do you think I should forget about it since XIII is just a few weeks away.

Fixel, do you have a 360? I have a XII copy you could borrow since my console died anyway. I could let you borrow it at a SouthTown ranbat.