Author Topic: What is general opinion about Kof XI anyway?  (Read 39371 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: What is general opinion about Kof XI anyway?
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2010, 10:07:46 PM »
for skill stocks u mean the stock for the dms?
edit> understood
ya reason why i don't like Ralf (L) is because his requirements for landing it is not as good imo... it's best to pick the character that can utilize their LDMs the most effective way... even if it isn't your best character...

i'll give you examples from my teams... Clark/K'/Kula... i'll use Kula as leader... Clark/Iori/Mai... i'll use Clark as leader... Clark/Ralf/Maxima... i'll use Maxima as leader...

the idea is to give your team a trump card... something that can be done out of most possibilities at minimum cost... or something that greatly diminishes a character's or team's weakness... or something that adds a new option for you...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:10:31 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2010, 03:59:53 AM »
You know, sometimes I wish KOF XI had stages that have some more life to them. The backgrounds in this game just seem very dead to me. Guess after KOF2k2, I guess I'm just expecting some cameo's in the backgrounds all the time.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »
for skill stocks u mean the stock for the dms?
edit> understood
ya reason why i don't like Ralf (L) is because his requirements for landing it is not as good imo... it's best to pick the character that can utilize their LDMs the most effective way... even if it isn't your best character...

i'll give you examples from my teams... Clark/K'/Kula... i'll use Kula as leader... Clark/Iori/Mai... i'll use Clark as leader... Clark/Ralf/Maxima... i'll use Maxima as leader...

the idea is to give your team a trump card... something that can be done out of most possibilities at minimum cost... or something that greatly diminishes a character's or team's weakness... or something that adds a new option for you...

i understand what u mean. But at least in my case i ll switch my leader as i like.
I tried the same combo (same as the video linked by mazinkaiser) with some different chars/leader:
tried clark-->adel (the damage with his leader was quite disappointed)
tried clark-->elizabeth (same as adel)
tried clark-->athena (i dont like her, i just wanted to see how was her L damage, and well, same as ralf= 100% (if u dreamcancel her air dm))
since i will never use athena, i will stick with my "switch leaders as i like". Ralf's LDm is easy to land anyway, i mean if u catch ur opponent with the "charge b,f A/C" u can dreamcancel and the damage is still good (also without changes). Adel's is good only out of a combo (just my opinion,eh).
Since i dont play at high level (like koreans or mexicans do) i will switch my leader every match xD

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2010, 04:55:53 AM »
lol... that's fine... you can do as you wish... honestly Ralf (L) isn't as bad as i make it sound... it does high damage... proration is good... only draw back is you have to waste at least 1 skill stock to do it...

he can land from a jump-in... for QS it's rather easy... unless you QS from stuff like Clark's f.B then the charge timing for b~f.A becomes a bit strict...

my favorite is still Clark (L)... it's just awesome every time i trick my opponent into it... also Maxima (L) is fun as well... great as AA... and you can connect it after Ralf's Unblock launch and a bunch of other stuff...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:09:09 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2010, 05:29:30 AM »
I'm focusing on XI now as it feels closest to XIII to me. I've owned it for years but I'm just now getting around to seriously playing it. My only complaint is that I wish I could set C+D to be the blowback rather than having it be E. Otherwise, it's a great game. The team I'm leaning toward is Kyo (leader), King and Vanessa.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2010, 05:51:09 PM »
I'm focusing on XI now as it feels closest to XIII to me. I've owned it for years but I'm just now getting around to seriously playing it. My only complaint is that I wish I could set C+D to be the blowback rather than having it be E. Otherwise, it's a great game. The team I'm leaning toward is Kyo (leader), King and Vanessa.

agree on the E rant, a seriously stupid choice... C+D was fine and there isn't any other command binded with that combination of button now, so silly. And that change a lot of configuration screwing the four button setup (on custom stick more than other).

by the way, congrats for joining us \o/

Kyo is a great overall character, the leader sucks a little about the damage but ensure deadly mixup with the command throw. imho in the future you will change towards something more "impressive" to land.
King is good, really nice zooning and some strong option, like the trap at the right spacing connect pretty well and it's almost safe on block, good overhead too.
Vanessa i don't have to much hint about her :\ sorry, the only thing i remember (and it's like a common thing lol) is to cancel almost everything into the swing = better recover.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2010, 06:42:16 PM »
playing vanessa is a pain in the ass... so freaken hard... but fun if you can learn her...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Dark Geese

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »
What hurts King however is her loss of her command grab mixup from the older KOFs.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:54:30 PM by Dark Geese »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2010, 07:21:36 PM »
i too agree about the E button... it's kinda of weird but i guess they wanted to use the new board at its best (like in neowave)..

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »
i was messing around with Ryo and Beni (L)
i was trying some combos and the one i prefered is:
with ryo: j.D,s.C,f.b.f.D change with beni qcb+C, after the second hit, Leader
i just understand why sometimes when i change with beni, his position is fucked up and i cant do the combo since he will take the opponent position, like this  the opponent is not in the corner anymore... it doesnt happen everytime though O_O (hope u understand) .. anyway that combo is not worth it, the damage is quite "low"

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2010, 03:50:18 PM »
doesn't ryo have a link s.C, f.A? QS to Beni from that and do hop D, s.C, f.B xx LDM... or vice varsa do s.C, f.B xx qcb.D... then QS to Ryo and do hop D, cr.C xx LDM, run up, hop D, s.C, f~b~f.C... the second one is better...

on another note... i encourage people to start messing around with XI Mai... her XI incarnation is the most fun version in all KOFs... *even more than XIII* her throw sets up amazing options... her mid-air d.A *like Kyo's d.C* has high priority and is awesome for cross-up... her d~u.P is sick with all the options she has from it... and she can pull a Vega and go BOTH ways on the way up... her mid-air ass drop has insane priority... mid-air d.B can fuck with the opponents block... she IS the QUEEN of air in XI... and specially since i've been trying to get used to using her as "Leader" it's even more fun...

positive points of using Mai as Leader...

- instant overhead TK hop B > LDM = 50%
- qcf.A from far > *hit comfirm* LDM
- throw > qcf.A > *hit confirm* LDM
- mid-air qcb.A xx LDM

i've been using Iori/Mai to have fun with combos and such... thinking of even switching out Clark to have someone better for QS... maybe Duck/Kim/Eiji... one of them...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:57:31 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »
i didnt unlock Mai eheh
about ryo ,yes he has that link.
tell me sth straight, if u have just 2 chars of 3 (let's say the third one (no L) is dead), you have 2 skill stock,right? so u can qs twice in a row.. am i wrong?

anyway i found a 100% combo with ryo and king ... ryo is fantastic although i dont like him ahah

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »
tell me sth straight, if u have just 2 chars of 3 (let's say the third one (no L) is dead), you have 2 skill stock,right? so u can qs twice in a row.. am i wrong?

mh? maybe i miss the point here, but if the question is if your team can qs throught only two character the answer is yes. If your team the ikari team, if whip die you could quick shift with ralf and clark how many time you want if u have skill stock.

anyway i found a 100% combo with ryo and king ... ryo is fantastic although i dont like him ahah

obviusly with ryo (L) i guess xD the stun status is godlike.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »

mh? maybe i miss the point here, but if the question is if your team can qs throught only two character the answer is yes. If your team the ikari team, if whip die you could quick shift with ralf and clark how many time you want if u have skill stock.

yeah that was i meant,thx
and yeah with Ryo as leader eheh

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2010, 03:16:34 AM »
no double LDM with K' is godlike... lol... man i switch my team in XI almost as much as i play it... hahaha... currently using K' (L), Duck, Beni/Eiji...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth