Author Topic: What is general opinion about Kof XI anyway?  (Read 39096 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: What is general opinion about Kof XI anyway?
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2011, 09:21:18 AM »
I've been playing 98 and 2002 for awhile now. Kinda weird to play them, because I'm so used to XI. XI feels faster and comboing in it is so damn easy.

What do you guys think about Ramon? I like him, because he is so mobile and annoying my friend with Tiger Lord is just fun.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2011, 04:25:33 PM »
i think to this day kof xi is the best team based tag fighter out there, not mvc2/3 or nada, none of the other shit compares. xi's biggest drawback was the amount of shit characters in the game and how it missed most of the old awesome cast. whats worse is that the ps2 extra characters where cooler than most of the normal cast.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

purplecity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • My Music, have a dance
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2011, 07:46:17 PM »
my first post here, and im newish to SNK in general.

in my very limited experience with neogeo games, MOTW on GGPO untill now has been pretty much the only game i play for a year or so, but i wanted more of hotaru / jenet / gato... should have seen my face when i saw only recently that all three were playable in this KOF !

Even though Jenet and Hotaru for me play very differently in this game i just adore their styles and comboability, im just gutted than Hotaru lost her air chain   ;a ;b... unless im being daft. and i still can't figure how to use her strange stance properly offensivly... hopefully someone can point me in the right direction there.  Jenet is so different but i like it for the most part...

i really love the feel of this game, but with no local players im stuck in training mode and VS CPU so i hope to learn some technology from Dreamcancel members. damn you SCII and FPS's for taking all my FGamers away lol.

now if only the atomiswave emulation didnt still need a supercomputer to run... soon it will be viable online  :)

This title has opened my eyes to appreciation for the way SNK games play, seems so much deeper and faster than Capcoms 2d games...  and i feel this game is helping me learn and appreciate many other characters and styles, far from the Capcom architypes and strategies that im used to. I havn't been this hype for a game since i first played Vampire Saviour as a child !

i have just purchased a UK pal copy of XI and a ps2 (just for this game...whole lot cost me £15) and i love it...
BARGIN

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »
  The game is so fun one from the best kof games..
 i like to play the game in arrange mode but some of my friend doesn't like it ..
also i like it more in single or team mode...the arcade is so fun but not balanced IMHO cuz of the team synergy some character works better with others if you like them or note  e.g ryo + k  or tizoc better than ryu+ clarck also character who have an juggle combo starter are better than who had a long standing combo  duo to the saving system you can escape from elza  ;c ;fd dm when u see the flash while kyo .k and ozy doesn't have thos proplem..
 + i want have freedom to use ldm any time i like.. ;)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »
I see people often saying that inputs in XIII being the most similar to XI, but what about how the characters play?  Specifically, would getting used to the XI versions of Elizabeth, Duo Lon, K', and Shen Woo help me much when it comes to learning them in XIII, or are they really too different for it to translate, like Kyo and Iori?  Relearning how to play KOF in general will obviously be useful, and some stuff is similar (like Elizabeth having dp+A > Grand Rafale juggle), but just wondering if it's worth it to focus on the characters who I want to use in XIII.
Old man/bad player

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2011, 03:38:32 PM »
I see people often saying that inputs in XIII being the most similar to XI, but what about how the characters play?  Specifically, would getting used to the XI versions of Elizabeth, Duo Lon, K', and Shen Woo help me much when it comes to learning them in XIII, or are they really too different for it to translate, like Kyo and Iori?  Relearning how to play KOF in general will obviously be useful, and some stuff is similar (like Elizabeth having dp+A > Grand Rafale juggle), but just wondering if it's worth it to focus on the characters who I want to use in XIII.
don't learn any character just to learn them in XIII... because everyone is different... but you can always learn XI properly and play the game and have fun with it...

if u really wanna get some sort of practice for XIII i suggest playing XI in Team Mode... this will allow you to do Drive Cancel combos *well at least Super Cancels*

i've been regularly playing XI till now... currently using Tizoc, Ralf, Clark (L)... *stopped using Kula cause everyone picks her*
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »
I've compared 2003 and XI for a while.

2003 feels bit more faster and I like the tag system bit more than in XI.

XI on the other feels bit more polished and the sounds are much better than in 2003. Roster is also much better. Only thing that bugs me is that Tizoc is far better in 2003.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2011, 02:04:21 PM »
I read from the internet that PAL version has some glicthes. Don't know have anyone has experienced same problems, or is it just my PS2?

- Slowdown in some stages (for example, when you run with Gai in concert stage, the darker one)
- Game crashes when you are on Command menu and you select "Default"option
- I once tried some challenges. I tried that Robert challenge and then tried Mai challenge. After that I tried Robert challenge again. I got frustrated and quit. Then game said that Mai has been unlocked, although I haven't completed the Mai challenge.