Author Topic: NYC: SNK  (Read 69942 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: NYC: SNK
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
Good to know, thanks. Do they have a website?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Anakron

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 10:07:36 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/NextLevelArcade

I think the Facebook page is the closest thing they have to an official website.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
Couldn't make it yesterday due to the bad weather in Westchester along with the traffic. However, today will definitely be a go day for me. so if anyone is going today, I'll see you there around late afternoon/evening hours.

Anakron

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »
I'll most likely be there this Friday. Someone please come and play me.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2011, 08:22:19 AM »
Just got back from The Next Level a while ago. Got there a late night but the place is still pretty cool. Got a few games in with some guy that seemed to have quite a few beers before he sat down to play but all was good. Got beat by some guy who I think played in the CvS2 tournament they were holding.

and I've said it before and I'll say it again, how people could play well on those super sensitive controllers just baffles me. Some attacks were coming out for my characters when I just barely grazed the top of the buttons and it was seriously pissing me off. also, not to mention that the buttons just feel too damn small. But oh well, if it means playing 13 with that setup for now until console release, so be it.

As for The Next Level, I don't know when I'll be there next, but I will say that for 3 hours and only having to pay $8, I'll see if I can try to make it out there more often.

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 09:01:36 PM »
First I have to said what's up my fellow New Yorkers, when I heard that CTF went down I die. I play pretty much anything SNK, and one of my joy in life was to walked into CTF... and play some KOF.

I will definitely check out The Next Level... one of these days. I'm down for casual games and tournaments in NYC....
ahhhh also if any of you are planning any evens and need help, let me know I try to help in anyway I can.
Xbox live: Chipymax

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
Guys, I'm glad I found ya!

Anyways I'm Meanest Rage from Kick-Punch-Block, a team whose purpose is to serve and help the fighting game community locally and eventually globally. Since we are based in NYC there was no need to make a new thread and I will just post here.

Anyways, I have access to a venue in Manhattan where my team would like to use to create a sort of  weekly ranbats type system for kof xiii. I'd like to make a test run in December if I get enough hits here and from there make a Ranbat season starting in January and lasting a few months ending with a Finale tournament also paying out the top three players of the entire season aside from the winners of every ranbat tourney each week. In addition, every month up to and including the finale tourney, offer double ranking points and pot bonuses as well. We're looking at a $5/$5 pot/venue for weekly events fee and $10/10 for the monthly tournaments. The Finale would be a little more but definitely worth it if we have continual attendance.

Please let us know how the local community would feel about this by replying here or hitting us up at info@kick-punch-block.com and please check out our home & facebook pages over at www.k-p-b.com & facebook.com/kickpunchblock when you can. Thanks in advance for you time & input!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2011, 02:31:34 AM »
That is great news that you guys are building up a scene meanstrage, keep us informed and once it's official I'll post it up.

NYC peeps hit the guy up!

Welcome to DC btw!

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2011, 05:26:10 PM »
Thanks Kane. I've been playing kof since 94 back in the Bronx and now a days there's no type of scene here in nyc so my friends and I just said fuck it let's create one and I hope it becomes sucessful. Every Sunday I watch iplaywinners stream of kofxiii at southtown arcade and I envy them lol.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2011, 01:08:33 AM »
Hope EC scene grows enough so we can have a legit rivalry between coasts instead of Cali monopolizing all the talent in KOF.  ;)
twitter @tasty_lumpia

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 06:45:38 AM »
Hope EC scene grows enough so we can have a legit rivalry between coasts instead of Cali monopolizing all the talent in KOF.  ;)

I hope this grows so big that there can be a East vs West

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »
@meanestrage

I used to play at Neo-Crash in the Bronx before it close in early 2002, in was a small arcade, but surprisingly high level of play... So high that every-time I went to Chinatown Fair, I would just kill everybody. I miss the place very much, specially because it was very close to my home. I'm down with any type of events and if you guys need help... I'm a special effects editor/filmmaker, I haven't try Streams, (I'm more of the Short film, Documentary type,) but I have a hd professional camcorder, that I use for my shots.

I think is time we make NYC a power house in the KOF community... Peace out!!!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2011, 01:04:03 AM »
Come on EC peeps, let's grow this to epic proportions!  I know you can't stand WC'er stealing the lime light all the time =)

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 07:31:56 PM »
@meanestrage

I used to play at Neo-Crash in the Bronx before it close in early 2002, in was a small arcade, but surprisingly high level of play... So high that every-time I went to Chinatown Fair, I would just kill everybody. I miss the place very much, specially because it was very close to my home. I'm down with any type of events and if you guys need help... I'm a special effects editor/filmmaker, I haven't try Streams, (I'm more of the Short film, Documentary type,) but I have a hd professional camcorder, that I use for my shots.

I think is time we make NYC a power house in the KOF community... Peace out!!!

Ive probably seen you at neo crash a few times, i used to go there everyday since it was right under the building i lived in lol

I follow a lot of people in the FGC scene on facebook and twitter and a lot of people are hype for this game, but they mostly in the west coast, lets make the east coast grow and surpass their level! i also heard that some game stops are doing release tourneys for this game, i wanna get more info and share it here once i have it

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 09:42:36 PM »
Ive probably seen you at neo crash a few times, i used to go there everyday since it was right under the building i lived in lol

It you still at that building, We're not that far from each other (I live by 196st. and Jerome Ave.)... I saw a picture at the Kick-Punch-Block page, and I did recognize some guys like Rodney (I could have the name wrong) the big black guy in the right. People will call me Poppy for my love for Galford

I follow a lot of people in the FGC scene on facebook and twitter and a lot of people are hype for this game, but they mostly in the west coast, lets make the east coast grow and surpass their level! i also heard that some game stops are doing release tourneys for this game, i wanna get more info and share it here once i have it

That sounds good to me, I will be waiting for some good new... I'm also trying to put something together, but I'm still planning...when I got something better I will definitely get in contact with you guys.