Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 280870 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #1245 on: November 16, 2011, 07:25:11 AM »
Probably the last XIII arcade vids: The rest of the Isaiah vs SoCal has been uploaded

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 16, 2011, 06:45:33 PM »
Hey guys!  New to the KOF scene, but long time fan.  After game release, I plan on having casuals in Van Nuys and making EGP (epic gamer productions) start hosting KOF13 tourneys.  I will be streaming at both locations and would love to meet you all! 

Van Nuys has a lot of KOF players but unfortunately they all stopped playing once the Plant closed their arcade. If you post your events here I'll contact some of to attend your tourneys.

I used to work at the gamestop at The Plant.  I recently found out the arcade was converted into a Barbershop school (made me salty!).  It's sad that the only good arcade near me now is FFA.  Round 1 is there too, but its like 40-50 mins away.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 16, 2011, 06:50:30 PM »
Hey guys!  New to the KOF scene, but long time fan.  After game release, I plan on having casuals in Van Nuys and making EGP (epic gamer productions) start hosting KOF13 tourneys.  I will be streaming at both locations and would love to meet you all! 

Van Nuys has a lot of KOF players but unfortunately they all stopped playing once the Plant closed their arcade. If you post your events here I'll contact some of to attend your tourneys.

I used to work at the gamestop at The Plant.  I recently found out the arcade was converted into a Barbershop school (made me salty!).  It's sad that the only good arcade near me now is FFA.  Round 1 is there too, but its like 40-50 mins away.

Yeah that sucks, The Plant had 2 KOF 2002 and they were all pretty packed all the time I remember making the drive up there on a weekly basis. FFA will probably be your best option, I know they are also interested in promoting the game and hosting events there.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 16, 2011, 10:12:30 PM »
I am going to talk to FFA and see about recording and/or streaming matches there, then uploading on youtube.  I'll need some KOF commentators though...any takers? :)

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 16, 2011, 11:25:57 PM »
I am going to talk to FFA and see about recording and/or streaming matches there, then uploading on youtube.  I'll need some KOF commentators though...any takers? :)

I'll try it. I'm a KOF fanboy and know the characters well.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 16, 2011, 11:28:54 PM »

We have approached them before and they declined but it doesn't hurt to ask.

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 17, 2011, 01:22:32 AM »

We have approached them before and they declined but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Worse comes to worse my Camcorder and I make an appearance to FFA and record matches that way.  They've recorded Mortal Kombat stuff before recently.  If the crowd is good they'll bite.

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #1252 on: November 17, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »
I'm sure they wont mind running events at FFA. It's just that people just need to show up is all. Since me and Giby live close to FFA we can probably help run events if needed.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 17, 2011, 07:11:54 PM »
I'm sure they wont mind running events at FFA. It's just that people just need to show up is all. Since me and Giby live close to FFA we can probably help run events if needed.

Oh awesome :)  I'll be hitting you guys up for casuals then, since I'm in the van nuys area and not too far from FFA

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 18, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »
So, tomorrow is the day. FINALLY. Game Play in Culver City will finally have this game. I almost can't believe it.

Flash back to a over year ago back at AI, when I was trying my best to grind it out for 50 cents a game as a total noob against some of SoCal's best. We were all wondering IF there was even gonna be a console port. Then it was announced, then it was delayed. BUT NOW, ALL THE WAITING IS DONE!

I don't mean to sound dramatic, but this feels like Christmas and my birthday combined. Tomorrow, the shit hits the fan, and the epic journey to tournament glory begins!

Shoutouts to everyone in the KoF community, who have worked so hard so that this could happen. I'm looking forward to an incredible year of competition with all of you! KoF13!!! GET HYPE!!!!!!
In it to win it!

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 18, 2011, 09:58:47 AM »
I think I'm going to support SNK/Atlus

the right way

*thumbs up*

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 18, 2011, 06:25:32 PM »
So, tomorrow is the day. FINALLY. Game Play in Culver City will finally have this game. I almost can't believe it.

Flash back to a over year ago back at AI, when I was trying my best to grind it out for 50 cents a game as a total noob against some of SoCal's best. We were all wondering IF there was even gonna be a console port. Then it was announced, then it was delayed. BUT NOW, ALL THE WAITING IS DONE!

I don't mean to sound dramatic, but this feels like Christmas and my birthday combined. Tomorrow, the shit hits the fan, and the epic journey to tournament glory begins!

Shoutouts to everyone in the KoF community, who have worked so hard so that this could happen. I'm looking forward to an incredible year of competition with all of you! KoF13!!! GET HYPE!!!!!!

@David: Let's not mention store names or directions on the thread.

Finally the day is here, well I came to work early today (6:00am) so that I could could leave early and go camp outside a store in LB and wait for them to get their shipment. I feel like one of those teenage girls that have been camping out the theater waiting for the new "Twilight" movie to come out. We will most likely have a setup today if not tomorrow at Alex Arcade as well.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31:55 PM »
I'll be getting it from a store today hopefully too in Panorama City. 

@THE ANSWER - you might see Kane there if it's the same store I'm thinking of :)

Can't wait to get this game tonight!

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 18, 2011, 09:35:12 PM »
I think I'm going to support SNK/Atlus

the right way

*thumbs up*

I'm buying 2 copies of this game and promoting the heck out of their product.  I don't think getting the game from a business isn't supporting them any less than going to evil gamestop and buying it there.  Either way, Atlus/SNK has my money.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 18, 2011, 10:06:20 PM »
I'll be getting it from a store today hopefully too in Panorama City. 

@THE ANSWER - you might see Kane there if it's the same store I'm thinking of :)

Can't wait to get this game tonight!

His actually riding with me lol!

About supporting Atlus/SNK, I'll agree with R.E.L, if you buy it from a mom pops shop you'll support them as much as if you buy the game from Gamestop. I personally try not to buy at Gamestop as much as can, their service is horrible and uninviting plus every time I go they try to shove their stupid GameCard down my throat.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof