Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 277990 times)

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #585 on: March 24, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »
Ok I contacted Japan Arcade staff and they are going to change the monitor but the control panel is not going to happen unless all of you guys go together and demand it. He said that there's not enough people to make such a big investment I know it doesn't sound like much but SANWA part are about 3X the price of american. I can kinda understand where they are coming from now that I know how much is to maintain a cab and how long it takes to make some money back.

UPDATE: They will be asking you guys in the next few days about the control panel, so make sure that ALL, ALL of you are in the same page cause if they response if 50/50 60/40 they are not going to do it, so spread the world and say that you are THE ANSWER's friends and if you wanna add that I'm the coolest person in the world that is up to you  :) ;) lol

that sounds great!!thanks for the help....i havent even spoken to anyone at JA and you already have a monitor.jajaja well then i guess ill send everyone a message to let them know whats going on.im gonna try to take as many people as i can on saturday so that they see that we are interested in making the place our new home.:)

StolenHope

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 24, 2011, 08:01:22 PM »
Well that sounds fair i was planing on heading up their this saturday as well.

ItZ RoMaNc3

• New Challenger
  • Team Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 24, 2011, 09:57:39 PM »
got it..!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 24, 2011, 10:10:52 PM »
kane, i just saw your comment on the alex's arcade casuals. i have front page posting privileges on ipw, so you're in good hands. :) just have to wait for it to be approved.

here it is: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/23/kofxiii-matchvids-from-alexs-arcade.html

Just like that our first video got an approximate 350+ more hits, thanks quash!

quash

• New Challenger
  • OK? OKAAAAAAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 24, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »
i just realized that i called them casuals here, when it was indeed a tournament. i also realized i posted them as being matchvids when it was just one video.

eh, i was cramming for a final. my perfectionism was being channeled elsewhere :P
kof scrub in training

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 24, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »
i just realized that i called them casuals here, when it was indeed a tournament. i also realized i posted them as being matchvids when it was just one video.

eh, i was cramming for a final. my perfectionism was being channeled elsewhere :P

There's actually 5 parts in total; so it's not just one video =)

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 28, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »
Bring quarters!

ehhhh, okay
I also take it that Alex's works on quarters instead of tokens?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 28, 2011, 08:33:40 PM »
Bring quarters!

ehhhh, okay
I also take it that Alex's works on quarters instead of tokens?

yes
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 28, 2011, 10:55:53 PM »
Alright, gonna have to hit up the bank then.
Also, I think I wrote the 14th, I actually meant on the 15th.
And plz tell me neogeo layout is available, I will cut myself if I have to play box layout again.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 28, 2011, 11:40:36 PM »
Alright, gonna have to hit up the bank then.
Also, I think I wrote the 14th, I actually meant on the 15th.
And plz tell me neogeo layout is available, I will cut myself if I have to play box layout again.

I have both available :)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 29, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »
On some good news, we have made progress on the direct feed recording, yesterday Duc and I were able to get video directly to his computer in 720HD (without the cab display) and it looks beautiful. Now we just need to get the right splitter to get the image to the cab as well.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

krazykone123

« Reply #596 on: March 29, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »
On some good news, we have made progress on the direct feed recording, yesterday Duc and I were able to get video directly to his computer in 720HD (without the cab display) and it looks beautiful. Now we just need to get the right splitter to get the image to the cab as well.

Good stuff, so we may be getting direct feed videos soon?

Lemme know if you guys need any money help buying stream equipment as I'd be willing to donate some, because tbh I'm getting tired of seeing iphone quality vids, ya feel me?

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 29, 2011, 07:50:46 PM »

Lemme know if you guys need any money help buying stream equipment as I'd be willing to donate some, because tbh I'm getting tired of seeing iphone quality vids, ya feel me?

Offer is much appreciated, but I think we have everything we need right now. I think I may need to pick up extra HDD considering the fact that capturing raw vid takes up so much space. We'll do a trial run with it this weekend maybe and see how it goes. Once I get the vids, I'll probably give them to Kane317 to upload if his Cox is fast.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 29, 2011, 09:28:16 PM »

Thanks man we appreciate your support, like Ash was saying we have everything we need at the moment (hopefully) and yes we should have direct feed HD vids soon!!!

Offer is much appreciated, but I think we have everything we need right now. I think I may need to pick up extra HDD considering the fact that capturing raw vid takes up so much space. We'll do a trial run with it this weekend maybe and see how it goes. Once I get the vids, I'll probably give them to Kane317 to upload if his Cox is fast.

lol
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 30, 2011, 09:37:40 PM »
We'll do a trial run with it this weekend maybe and see how it goes. Once I get the vids, I'll probably give them to Kane317 to upload if his Cox is fast.

My Cox is fast.  Oh wait, what are we talking about again?

On a more serious note, Gunsmith, friend and Admin from ON, is visiting from LA next month (tbd) and wants to get together to play some kof.  Almost ten years ago he showed me around London and I played hours at his place so let's throw something together and show him how we roll in LA =)

UPDATE:  He's coming on the 30th of April and maybe a few days before that.