Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 277979 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #615 on: April 14, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
Go with Kyo, Chin and Yuri are gimmick characters IMO so you definitely wanna have at least one solid character.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 14, 2011, 06:54:22 PM »
Hey guys, I need a 3rd character as my own. I just wanna hear some suggestions from you folks. I'm thinking Mai or Kyo.

(Getting tired of Shen and Andy... they're not fitting into the style i play anymore.)

I say Clark, Hwa Jai or King. Kyo's also a good choice.

I also remember you played Kensou a bit, you did pretty damn well with him.

If you dare, try to pick up Ash hahah

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 14, 2011, 07:16:42 PM »
Iori!!!
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 14, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »
Iori!!!

Iori will get boring for him, if he's gonna drop Shen =/

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 14, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »
John wanted me to let you Duc know that he's mastered the Ash Sans Cullotte into HD combo quiet convincingly (he has sadly)--that is all.  /messenger

I don't think Kyo's gimmicky at all.  I consider Chin "technical" not gimmicky but I'm biased ;)  Now that I think about it, there's no real gimmicky character in XIII.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 14, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »
John wanted me to let you Duc know that he's mastered the Ash Sans Cullotte into HD combo quiet convincingly (he has sadly)--that is all.  /messenger

I don't think Kyo's gimmicky at all.  I consider Chin "technical" not gimmicky but I'm biased ;)  Now that I think about it, there's no real gimmicky character in XIII.

Yeah he was really close to getting it down last I saw

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 14, 2011, 09:18:22 PM »
I wanna pick up hwa, but i don't go to the arcade enough to pick him up, i think he takes up alot of time to learn, kinda like Ash. I'll definitely pick him up when the game releases for console. Kensou is just all sorts of boring for me lol.... maybe i'll go with Athena too. But i'm leaning towards Kyo.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 14, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »
I wanna pick up hwa, but i don't go to the arcade enough to pick him up, i think he takes up alot of time to learn, kinda like Ash. I'll definitely pick him up when the game releases for console. Kensou is just all sorts of boring for me lol.... maybe i'll go with Athena too. But i'm leaning towards Kyo.

What happened to Vice?  Your Vice is deadly.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 14, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »

Own it up with EX command grab hahah

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 14, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »
John wanted me to let you Duc know that he's mastered the Ash Sans Cullotte into HD combo quiet convincingly (he has sadly)--that is all.  /messenger

I don't think Kyo's gimmicky at all.  I consider Chin "technical" not gimmicky but I'm biased ;)  Now that I think about it, there's no real gimmicky character in XIII.

LOL!! Sure buddy.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 14, 2011, 10:18:18 PM »
John wanted me to let you Duc know that he's mastered the Ash Sans Cullotte into HD combo quiet convincingly (he has sadly)--that is all.  /messenger

I don't think Kyo's gimmicky at all.  I consider Chin "technical" not gimmicky but I'm biased ;)  Now that I think about it, there's no real gimmicky character in XIII.

LOL!! Sure buddy.

Haha it's hard to see past my own biases =)  I'd like to convince myself he's technical. =)  All joking aside, you wouldn't consider Jhun gimmicky, he's a technical character as well.  I really don't think there are gimmicky characters in KOF but that' just my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:20:18 PM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 14, 2011, 11:46:23 PM »

I don't think Kyo's gimmicky at all.  I consider Chin "technical" not gimmicky but I'm biased ;)  Now that I think about it, there's no real gimmicky character in XIII.

LOL!! Sure buddy.

Those characters are still hard to fight against gimmick or not. I'd rather play against Reynald's Shen than his Chin.

Btw Athena is a good choice. I think I have an idea of what kind of characters you like to use. One with good mix up/mind games.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:48:46 PM by Ash »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 15, 2011, 03:04:21 AM »
It's funny how everyone's changing up their line up or venturing into other characters! It's an important thing to try and understand other character matchups. I'm just trying to pay people back with their own combos having done to me in the past =P

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 17, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »
been such a long ass time since i played kof xiii since ai closed down.  i would go to alex arcade but its so far.  but i heard now japan arcade in LA has it.  i was wondering if people go to japan arcade to play some kof.  im gonna check it out sometimes since its only 20 mins away from my pad.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 17, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »
yes they do, specially on the weekends.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof