Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 277927 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #900 on: June 09, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
GGs guys it was good going to Japan Arcade, it's been a while since I've been there and I really enjoyed my visit. I like setup very comfortable except when playing Pepe since his literally siting on my lap lol.....

You two are both arm bumpers on 1P side =P

GG's this week Jhon,oscar,duc I hope you guys feel comfortable in LT (little tokyo) .. We had Kunio, Reynald, jhon, oscar,duc  come on Yuhang and abe it will be fun and gg's =) @yuhang still japanese joystick ; ) our home (LT) it's your home guys.. xd    I can not be there thursday but maybe Friday.

I saw a really good shen,mai,ash and iori...   

* I found a free parking... well.. almost free.! 15 cents per hr after 2 free hrs.

GG to you Raul and Pepe. It was fun going there, wish the drive didn't take long or I would go there more often.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 14, 2011, 03:04:19 PM »
Though I had to catch the archived stream, great job at RevLAtions, guys. The commentary by Yuhang and Oscar was solid and informative. A friend of mine who doesn't play KOF said he enjoyed it and that the commentary made the matches easier to follow. I'm sure John and Reynald are most likely disappointed with their performances, but that's KOF sometimes. Bala was entertaining to watch. Props for continuing to rep the game and don't lose steam before the console release! I'll be looking forward to your performances at EVO!

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
Hello, new to the scene
« Reply #902 on: June 15, 2011, 09:48:45 AM »
hi my name is jason and I'm new to the KOF scene. I'm from irvine, CA and I was introduce to this site from a friend. I also looked up a place to play KOF XIII (I only play KOF 99 to KOF XI) I rarely play on sticks so I'm slowly working on that right now.

Tonight I played mr. kof (which I didn't know it was him til ten minutes later when I asked if he's from Dream Cancel) so yeah haha He introduce me to this forum, told me to post here (I'm not too sure if this is right thread) and so here I am. I hope to meet up with all of you guys soon.  

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 15, 2011, 09:50:28 AM »
Though I had to catch the archived stream, great job at RevLAtions, guys. The commentary by Yuhang and Oscar was solid and informative. A friend of mine who doesn't play KOF said he enjoyed it and that the commentary made the matches easier to follow. I'm sure John and Reynald are most likely disappointed with their performances, but that's KOF sometimes. Bala was entertaining to watch. Props for continuing to rep the game and don't lose steam before the console release! I'll be looking forward to your performances at EVO!

It's okay for B.A.L.A. to experience the lime light because he has what it takes to become one of the four gods in KOF 13.  I'm happy that he won. If anyone who gets too ahead of himself/ or if anyone in general who thinks they've got what it takes to play for keeps....we can play like this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sr54ekOkTg

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, new to the scene
« Reply #904 on: June 15, 2011, 09:56:10 AM »
hi my name is jason and I'm new to the KOF scene. I'm from irvine, CA and I was introduce to this site from a friend. I also looked up a place to play KOF XIII (I only play KOF 99 to KOF XI) I rarely play on sticks so I'm slowly working on that right now.

Tonight I played mr. kof (which I didn't know it was him til ten minutes later when I asked if he's from Dream Cancel) so yeah haha He introduce me to this forum, told me to post here (I'm not too sure if this is right thread) and so here I am. I hope to meet up with all of you guys soon.  

Jason, it's good that you're introducing yourself through the so cal thread since there will be many who will meet you at Alex's arcade who're from this thread. But, if you'd like to introduce yourself widely...you could do it under the Meet and Greet Section. Either way, it's a great thing that another person from Alex Arcade will join the KOF 13 family.You took me by surprise when you said you didn't want to wait for 13 to come out on console and decided to come down from Irvine. Like i said feel free to come on Thursdays when it's popping. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up a thing or two while watching. Remember to check out vids from dream cancel or check the KOF 13 reference guides. Have fun and feel free to ask one of us if u have any questions. :)

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Dark Geese

« Reply #905 on: June 15, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »

It's okay for B.A.L.A. to experience the lime light because he has what it takes to become one of the four gods in KOF 13.  I'm happy that he won. If anyone who gets too ahead of himself/ or if anyone in general who thinks they've got what it takes to play for keeps....we can play like this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sr54ekOkTg

LMAO. I told you guys John now and days man I'm so sick and tired of all the talk man I play for retiring rights.

So yeah if I beat these guys talking smack they gotta hang it up for good!!!!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 15, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »

It's okay for B.A.L.A. to experience the lime light because he has what it takes to become one of the four gods in KOF 13.  I'm happy that he won. If anyone who gets too ahead of himself/ or if anyone in general who thinks they've got what it takes to play for keeps....we can play like this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sr54ekOkTg

That's the perfect example of somebody underestimating their opponent ;).
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 16, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »
hahahaha
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 16, 2011, 04:25:14 PM »
I never underestimate my opponent because I'm not Naive. I would treat Bala, Romance, and Reynald the same way.

Here is my view/rules for the Four gods to follow.

1. To be recognized as the best player is to defeat ALL 3 in FT10
2. Everyone is permitted to challenge a God to FT10 to Steal their rank.
3. Respect. Once it's broken then we have a problem.

Let's work together in seeing this through, because I want everyone to Level Up together and Unite when it comes down to it. 

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #909 on: June 16, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »
Congratz to everyone who placed at Revelations. A lot of good matches. Can't wait to play everyone again soon before EVO.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 16, 2011, 09:43:15 PM »
Who/what's the 4 gods? Sound pretty cool for those names

To Ash, The Answer and Sam (somethingCancel)

Thanks for teaching me about the game and gg as well. I'll come by tonight for sure (if work doesn't kills me first)

Also

is there a video tutorial about the KOF XIII system like HD Cancel or Drive Cancel etc?

The only thing I know was Max Cancel works like Dream Cancel from KOF XI

Thank you.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 17, 2011, 12:55:23 AM »
I kno this is kinda odd but is anyone going to Anime Expo 2011? I could bring my ps2 and KOF XI if there's enough people interested (Sorry I don't have a ps3 so we can't play KOF XII but if you do bring it then cool) and get some games in or I can just go meet you guys there at Japan Arcade and also get some games in as well.

if anyone else interested let me kno??

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 17, 2011, 01:11:44 AM »
The Four Gods should set a good example of what a champion should be. Traits such as good sportsmanship while having the charisma to make the game look exciting. We won't establish who the four gods are until we all mutually agree who belongs up there first. After that, Immortality Take it, It's YOURS!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 17, 2011, 02:02:09 AM »
gosh it's been a long ass time, but i was at FFA last night and played 13 for the first time in like 5 months hahaha. shaky start against a newb, i lost my first two characters to this random mai, but then got my head into the game and OCV'd with leona hahahahaha

i'm probably like total scrub status now because i'm so behind, but if any of you guys ever head out to FFA on the weekends this summer, you'll probably see me there.

good shit to everyone repping at revelations!
In it to win it!

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 17, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »
Who/what's the 4 gods? Sound pretty cool for those names

To Ash, The Answer and Sam (somethingCancel)

Thanks for teaching me about the game and gg as well. I'll come by tonight for sure (if work doesn't kills me first)

Also

is there a video tutorial about the KOF XIII system like HD Cancel or Drive Cancel etc?

The only thing I know was Max Cancel works like Dream Cancel from KOF XI

Thank you.

Drive canceling requires 50 percent drive per cancel. HD canceling is quite different which allows moves to be canceled into other moves during your opponents block stun where in areas it's not possible to drive cancel if someone has blocked your move. Yeah, i'm not great at explaining things on the net...but i can teach you in person Jason :)

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF