Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278012 times)

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #1215 on: October 29, 2011, 11:55:27 PM »
LOL we're not going anymore because of me LOL (stayed up last night partying)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 30, 2011, 12:42:12 AM »
lol, weak sauce bro! oh well, next time. do it again and i'll start thinking that you're duckin lolol jk
In it to win it!

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 30, 2011, 03:51:42 AM »
haha if that's what you think

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 01, 2011, 12:04:41 AM »
ggs to team chaos on saturday. i spent the entire night getting schooled by yoshi, raul, chris and romance, but i'm happy to say that i can at least take 1 character off of all of them consistently now lol hopefully in a few more weeks i can take 2 characters! hahaha fuck

i think i might start going on fridays as well. hopefully i can play some peeps that are closer to my level so i don't forget what it's like to actually win a game lol
In it to win it!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 01, 2011, 01:04:34 AM »
Reminder:  This Friday November the 4th Isaiah from Norcal is coming down to exchange some games with us, he's here for the entire weekend but at least I'll be available for Friday.  Please try your best to show up, I've already taken the day off work (again) in preparation.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 01, 2011, 01:05:32 AM »
You know me and Sam! We're ready to play him in first to 5.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 01, 2011, 01:16:54 AM »
I heard Irwin is down too?  Jason, are you sure you're *ready*? hehe  j/k

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 01, 2011, 09:32:10 AM »
I heard Irwin is down too?  Jason, are you sure you're *ready*? hehe  j/k

How long is he coming down for? if he stays longer I'd like to come on a day where it isn't as packed  :)

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #1223 on: November 01, 2011, 09:57:25 AM »
Real quick, tourneys and stuff aside, are any of you cats (or anyone you guys know) gonna be in the San Diego area anytime soon??? Trying to get some KOF exposure here, but I'm straight up in the hornet's nest, ya know???

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 01, 2011, 10:11:05 AM »
Real quick, tourneys and stuff aside, are any of you cats (or anyone you guys know) gonna be in the San Diego area anytime soon??? Trying to get some KOF exposure here, but I'm straight up in the hornet's nest, ya know???

I don't speak for everyone but we got our hands tied pretty much with upcoming events.  This weekend Isaiah from STA NorCal is coming down and basically every weekend till the release we're going to be busy.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #1225 on: November 01, 2011, 10:23:49 AM »

I don't speak for everyone but we got our hands tied pretty much with upcoming events.  This weekend Isaiah from STA NorCal is coming down and basically every weekend till the release we're going to be busy.

Word up... I figured it would be mad busy for you guys, especially since we're stepping in November now, and its about 21 days left til the "KOF Renaissance" begins... I'd like to drive up there eventually, but time only allows me to do but so much lately...

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 01, 2011, 06:13:47 PM »
@jinxhand: Like Kane said we are all going to be somewhat busy this month so it's going to be a little tough going down there, but don't let that discourage you should still host a get together and play some casuals. Calmwarrior from the BoxArena is an old friend of mine who really likes SNK games, he was telling me that he might start doing some sessions there.

Also I have some friends from TJ who are able to cross to San Diego and might be able to join you for some tournaments and events, they are from Team Lago and they are also coming to SCR2011. I'll try to hook you up with them.

About Isaiah coming to SoCal I've talked Alex and everything is set up for Friday, there will be a $3 venue fee and we will set the machine to FREE PLAY so we can have or FT5 sets comfortably and have Isaiah stay on the machine.

Also Richard Kobra aka X-Factor aka Ricardo has a 4G hotspot and will be bringing it to AA that day so we will have internet available.

P.S. Checkout the SCR2011 thread we have a new sponsor.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:16:06 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 01, 2011, 10:16:16 PM »
@jinxhand: Like Kane said we are all going to be somewhat busy this month so it's going to be a little tough going down there, but don't let that discourage you should still host a get together and play some casuals. Calmwarrior from the BoxArena is an old friend of mine who really likes SNK games, he was telling me that he might start doing some sessions there.

Also I have some friends from TJ who are able to cross to San Diego and might be able to join you for some tournaments and events, they are from Team Lago and they are also coming to SCR2011. I'll try to hook you up with them.

About Isaiah coming to SoCal I've talked Alex and everything is set up for Friday, there will be a $3 venue fee and we will set the machine to FREE PLAY so we can have or FT5 sets comfortably and have Isaiah stay on the machine.

Also Richard Kobra aka X-Factor aka Ricardo has a 4G hotspot and will be bringing it to AA that day so we will have internet available.

P.S. Checkout the SCR2011 thread we have a new sponsor.

Great news on eightarc sponsoring SCR! 

As for the 4G hotspot, I hope you're not intending to do some streaming event like last time (there were a lot of angry French viewers because you posted there would be a stream).  Wireless stream, for the most part, has failed more than it has succeeded and is not reliable.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 02, 2011, 07:10:22 AM »
At least I'll bring a camera to record unless someone is going to bring a sick ass set to record *look at Oscar*

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 02, 2011, 08:02:59 AM »
At least I'll bring a camera to record unless someone is going to bring a sick ass set to record *look at Oscar*

Yeah, you should bring your camera that way i can record some ASH flip combo  :) You may get some footage of the best Kyo in  the west if the Ash combos weren't so damn long. I'm stewing my turtle soup to a perfection for the masses woot woot!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF