Author Topic: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene  (Read 241933 times)

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Chicago Area/ midwest Scene
« on: May 29, 2011, 11:18:33 PM »
(UPDATED)
 KoF XIII is finally out on console so im updating this OP for all chicago area players. Venue's and Weekly Gartherings are listed below.  So let's get out there and support your CHICAGO KoF XIII SCENE!!!

VENUES:

Mix-Up Mondays - Chicago’s Weekly Fighting Game Meetup
Every Monday from 6:00pm - 3am
Brought to you by Ignite Gaming Lounge

Location: Ignite Network - 3341 N. Elston Ave. (Accessible via #77 Belmont and #52 California CTA bus routes. Free lot and street parking available.)

Price: $10 Venue Fee ($5 venue fee with system discount)
***As a relaunch special venue fee will be $5 on the following meet ups - Dec. 10th, 17th and January 7th, 14th***

What to bring: We highly recommend bringing a fight stick or controller. To be eligible for the system discount user must bring console, appropriate power cables, and an HDMI cable. Ignite can accommodate up to 24 setups all equipped with EVO monitors.

We also need games! The most popular are SF4, KoF13, MvC3 and Tekken Tag 2, but feel free to bring anything you want to play!

About the Venue: Ignite Gaming Lounge is Chicago’s premier venue that caters to the CFGC every Monday! Now relaunching in it’s new home with more space, setups, and expanded concessions to give you the ultimate venue to level up your game.

Membership: Ignite is proud to introduce our membership program to give you guys added benefits! Membership takes a minute to setup and requires no additional fees, plus you get a nifty membership card. Benefits include a referral program, rewards (coming early 2013), and no more wristbands.

Referral Program: For every new friend you bring in you get one weeks venue fee FREE. That’s $10 for every new friend you refer! To be eligible it must be users first time, have a valid school or state ID, and purchase at least 1 venue fee.

Phone: 773-404-7033
E-mail: info@ignitenetwork.com
http://ignitenetwork.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________

Every Friday at Game Pazzo (NEW!!! 09/2012)

2011 63rd Street
Downers Grove, IL 60516
(630) 541-8719

Stream - www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

http://goo.gl/maps/hrRWh

Venue Fee: $5 covers the whole night(must pay at door)

Time: 6:00PM - 1:00AM

Game Pazzo, a venue that is already well known amongst the other gaming communities is now opening its doors for the Chicago Fighting Game Community! Game Pazzo is a very nice venue that is equipped with 24 Asus EVO Monitors and Consoles(360&PS3s) ready for you to get your gaming going!

The venue is very nice, has a bar, full grill/kitchen, stage, and enough space for you to get lost in! They also buy and sell used games, and of course sell new ones too. If you are the kind of person that works too hard in the middle of the week to attend any other function, or if Friday is just that day for you then come on by and get some GOOD GAMES in with the rest of the Chicago Fighting Game Community!!

Bring equipment; so bring your own CONSOLES, CABLES, POWER STRIPS and your own controller of choice!

16 Asus Monitors for Tournament Play and 8 for Casual Play WILL be available!!!

http://goo.gl/maps/hrRWh

Contact Domingo if you have any questions!(630-550-3774, domingoayala3@gmail.com)

See you all there!

GALLOPING GHOST ARCADE
9415 Ogden Avenue. Brookfield, IL, 60513
708-485-4700 http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com
11:00 AM - 2:00 AM Sat-Sun
10:00 AM - 2:00 AM Mon-Fri

Pricing: $5 Cover for Windy City Showdown(every Thursday from 3:00PM-2:00AM and ONLY covers the console party room for the whole event). $15 for playing unlimited games on the Arcade and Pinball Arcade Areas!!. Doc Mack ghostlord@gallopingghost.com (is Ghostlord on the SRK board Gerry Cantu gcantu@gallopingghostarcade.com GGA is NOW OUR #1 AREA OF PLAY, All the best competitors are now residing in this amazing venue. With the amazing support that has emerged and its amazing Arcade Collection and great customer service GGA is definitely at the top. Really nice environment for the casual player/oldschool player and hardcore alike as they have a ridiculous amount of arcade games(second most arcade games in the country). They do have Tournaments there on a regular which require $0 to be paid(as long as you pay the $15 cover for entering the arcade) and have very good prizes in return(currently over $100 for First Place for SSF4,MK9 & MVC3 For more info please look up Galloping Ghost Arcade on Facebook and receive notifications / rsvp on future events. IF YOU LIVE IN CHICAGO THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO GO FOR SERIOUS GAMES and FUN!! GGA is also home to WINDY CITY SHOWDOWN, every Thursday our scene gets together and we have casual play all night and run 1 tournament EVERY month!

$5 FOR UNLIMITED GAME PLAY IN THE GAME ROOMS 3:00PM - 2:00AM

These are ran on CONSOLES(360/PS3) so make sure to bring your favorite controller / stick along with(hopefully if you could please do) a system, games and a screen if possible! WINDY CITY SHOWDOWN Nights will be streamed online at www.justin.tv/medina4life

Nickel City Games 555 Waukegan Rd Northbrook, IL 60062-1252
(847) 559-8727         http://www.nickelcitygames.com/

Amar@nickelcitygames.com
Monday thru Thursday: 10am - 12am
Friday: 10am - 1am
Saturday: 10am - 1am
Sunday: 10am - 10pm* Hours Subject to Change without Notice

Admission: $2 to enter Nickel City, all games are playable via Nickels(No Tokens needed here!) Nickel City Games is now home to Nickel Saturdays! Every Saturday(Starting January 21st) 7:45PM - Close No current VENUE FEE on Nickel Saturdays! That is right, on Nickel Saturdays you wont even have to pay the $2 door entry fee, you just walk straight to the party room(after mentioning that you are there for NS) and start playing for free! For 1 month the venue fee will be $0, then the venue fee will be only $2 at the door. Equipment needed: Monitors, Consoles, Cables and Games! Provided things go well the venue has insisted that they would buy us Asus Evo monitors to lighten our burden when we bring equipment over.

PLEASE VISIT OUR CHICAGO COMMUNITY FACEBOOK GROUP PAGE!!! We are very active on it! www.facebook.com/groups/267588799973617/
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:50:49 PM by bzerk »

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
bump....

Really? no chicago players?

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 09:06:17 PM »
I have a friend in Chicago, but he hasn't had a lot of time to play a whole lot of games recently.  He loves KOF though and is definitely looking forward to playing it.  I'll see if I can get him to contact you, as he doesn't really lurk around these forums.

thwak

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 07:03:26 AM »
I played it tonight at GGA

It's pretty good but man I don't like how loose that stick is.

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »
yeah i agree, that stick needs to be a little tighter.  its feels like its been worn in about 10 years already

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 01:50:18 AM »
Just talked to my friend and he said that there's going to be Wednesday night gatherings at GGA.  It's mainly for console gaming, but my friend will definitely be there to play XIII, and perhaps others will join as well.

MightyMar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 07:34:29 AM »
As you probably figured out the majority of the chicago scene is dominated by capcom games. I only know of a few people whom you can play the games with. Perseo, Syxx, Webster, Humbag, Heroic Legacy, Emptyshiki, and myself are as far as I'm aware of the only ones who play any snk games in the chicago land area.

vapirix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 07:18:30 PM »
I'm jumping into the Chicago KOF scene now. I'm in the near northwest side right now - Bucktown.

Must. Stop. Sucking.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 02:01:08 AM »
Man I remember pushing Snk hard in chi town and getting no where. Went to Anime Central and brought SVC during the first month of it's release on the AES and barely got any attention on it. The Kof's and Garou were about the same. It's a real shame. Hope you have better luck.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 12:06:12 AM »
Well I know at least for my part, I will be pushing kof XIII in chicago. Bringing my setup to ignite and gga on mondays and thursdays. Yeah it sucks that mostly all of chicagoland is stuck on capcoms nutz but im still gonna make the effort.

souf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 11:52:54 PM »
Really? no chicago players?

this is exactly how i felt when i first signed up a year or less ago (i had to make this new account cause i didnt even bother coming back here anymore since there was nobody to make plans to meet up with...totally forgot my password, sorry mods...i know duplicate accounts goes against forum policy but i had no choice). but yeah...even in the online matchmaking thread i couldnt get anybody to play.

right now i mostly play sssf4AE and AH3, but kofXII has been collecting dust for a while now...id really like to pick it back up and try to get ready for XIII even though i know its not THAT similar. im on the far south side of chicago off 106th street, even the red line doesnt come down here hah, but as long as its a reasonable distance/price/time im willing to travel if theres gunna be offline matches of anything snk.

do you have a bootleg of XIII to play at offline sessions? or do you just hit up the cab at gga?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:57:04 PM by souf »

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »
Just curious if anybody knows is the black hole pizzeria still around on the west side? I got some crazy Mexican matches up there. I'm heading up to Chicago in mid January. Wanted to at least see what the galloping ghost arcade is all about.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 10:45:59 PM »
Updated the op, CHI-TOWN where ya at!

digimonemporer

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 11:37:03 PM »
PSN players hit me up.

PSN = devildigimon

I should be at Frosty Foustings and PowerUp 2012 (Ohio), so I hope to see you there.
GGPO/Supercade - Digimonemporer
PSN - devildigimon

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 11:06:48 PM »
wow i feel lonely lol. Not many chicago players.

Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin