Author Topic: NGBC - Shiki  (Read 4284 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
NGBC - Shiki
« on: May 31, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »
Normals

Close
* cl. ;a / ;b / ;c are cancel-able.
* cl. ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d are capable of being used in specific chains (see chain section below)
* cl. ;a is high hitting slash that is similar to her st. ;a . If the opponent is crouching under it, the move can be whiffed canceled.
* cl. ;c hits twice and can be canceled at either hit.
* cl. ;d is a somewhat slow overhead that can be followed up by a combo. This move cannot be canceled into a super. The only way to combo this with a super would be to use a second command making a chain combo then canceling that into the super (i.e. - cl. ;d , st. ;d , ;qcb ;hcf + ;d ).

Standing
* st. ;b / ;c / ;d are cancel-able and whiff cancel-able.
* st. ;a still hits high and maintains all properties of cl. ;a minus the ability to cancel.
* st. ;b has good range for a poke. It can also be used in conjunction with ;dn ;a as a good long range 2 hit combo, which can cancel into Shiki's ;qcb ;hcf super. In some cases, this can serve as a good mid range anti air, and that solely depends on who Shiki is facing.
* st. ;c starts off a bit slow, but the plus to this move is that aside from it being cancel-able, it does a great amount of guard damage. This move also slides Shiki a bit forward, so it does keep her in close to rush down. It would also help to attempt a safe mixup with this move by canceling into a special, as this move cannot be canceled with ACTS.
* st. ;d has a pretty high hitbox, so just like st. ;b , this move can at times serve as an anti air.

Crouching
* ;dn ;b / ;d are cancel-able on both the first and second hit.
* ;dn ;a can serve as a good special mid poke, especially since it can chain with cl. ;b and st. ;b .
* ;dn ;b is yet again one of those special anti airs that can be used against certain characters. This one is weird only because the hitbox is short at the peak of the animation, so you can whiff this move even if the opponent is right at the dagger's swoosh.
* ;dn ;c causes a regular knockdown.
* ;dn ;d does a good amount of guard damage.

Jumping
* ;up / ;uf ;b is a high slash attack that has the most range out of all the air attacks. This can possibly be used as both an anti air, and a way to get in close upon landing.
* ;up / ;uf ;c is a slash attack that seems like it has a low hitbox. This move has tons of priority, and does a good amount of damage.

Guard Cancel Tag Attack
* Pressing the ;e button while blocking will allow Shiki to counter with ;c , and she will then tag out.

Throw
Kokuu - ;bk / ;fd + ;c / ;d
*Can be broken. Regular knockdown.

Command Moves
NONE

Special Moves
Tehourin: ;dp + ;a / ;b / ;c
* Shiki's "shoryuken". This move can be done in the air as well, and after Shizuku Gari.

Tsuyu Barai: ;qcb + ;a / ;b / ;c
* A "run and stab" move. Button strength determines the distance traveled. This move is great because it not only hits low, but this can be super canceled as well if meter is available.

Shizuku Gari: while executing Tsuyu Barai, press the corresponding button that was used, i.e. - ;qcb + ;a ~ ;a
* Follow up attack from ;qcb + ;a / ;b / ;c . This is the only other option if meter is not available to super cancel.

Kourin: (air) ;qcb + ;a / ;b / ;c
* This is the "triangle jump" attack that gives Shiki a boost. The button strength not only determines the angle at which she flies downward ( ;a being the closest, and ;c being the farthest), but it also changes the type of attack. Using ;a makes her do a 2-hit version of her ;uf ;a . ;b makes her do a flying version of her ;uf ;c , and ;b makes her do a flying version of ;uf ;b . One other thing to mention is that she only attacks if the opponent is in range to do so (that doesn't mean the move will connect though). This move also allows Shiki to attempt a cross up. Shiki shares the same glitch that Neo Dio does in where her air move can be done in reverse if inputted right at the peak of the jump, but right before crossing over to the other side of the opponent. This will make Shiki fly back to the position she started the jump at without attacking. Attempting this can be tricky, as if done incorrectly, Shiki will do her ;dp special in the air, giving the opponent a good chance to retaliate. One thing that makes this a great air attack is also the fact that Shiki can still do the move after jumping to the other side of the opponent, often catching some opponents off guard. The "Tiger Knee" method can be used for this move as well.

Meika: ;qcb + ;d
* Shiki does a short flip, and then lands with an overhead kick. The arc that this move makes is kinda strange, so its best to know the right range to do this. If this move connects, it causes a hard knockdown, and a good chance for oki since Shiki is right above the opponent.

Mumyou: (close) ;hcb ;fd + ;d
* Command grab. This move if connected reverses the controls of the character for a short period of time, which is designated by a skull floating over the opponent's head in conjunction with initially doing damage upon throwing. If Shiki is hit before the short period runs out, the skull disappears, and the opponent's controls go back to normal.

Setsuana: ;dn ;dn + ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d
* Teleport move. Button strength determines the distance teleported. This can be done in the air as well. ;a and ;c are short teleports, and ;b and ;d are her long teleports. If she's close enough and does any of her teleports, she'll teleport behind the opponent. ;c and ;d are the teleports that make her airborne. All of her teleports can be done in the air as well. Nothing changes if any of her teleports are done in the air; all the properties are the same as if she were on the ground.

Desperation Moves
Tenma Hajun: ;qcb ;hcf + ;a / ;b / ;c
* Shiki does a ranbu that ends in her air ;dp move, which causes a normal knockdown. Button strength determines the distance Shiki travels to connect the move.

Shikiju: ;qcb ;hcf + ;d (when meter stock is at Level 2)
* Shiki hits the opponent, and does a take down, after which she steals some life.

A/D Assault
Shiki has no A/D Assaults.

Strats and combos, once written up, can be found here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Shiki_(NGBC)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:15:20 AM by jinxhand »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
Re: NGBC - Shiki
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 11:19:02 PM »
The link is to Haohmaru, lol'd.

Anyways, she has a fairly good command grab reset with 5C 214C C j.623C j.214C (Reset) 632146D
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »
The link is to Haohmaru, lol'd.

Anyways, she has a fairly good command grab reset with 5C 214C C j.623C j.214C (Reset) 632146D

I changed the link name, but not the url (doh!)... Fixed!!!

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:16:43 AM »
Combo from overhead (close D) 5D 5C (1 hit) 214C C j.623C j.214C -> Command grab reset.

Edit : Also, you can super-cancel from the first 214C for super-damage from an overhead, lol.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:14:07 PM »
This is fairly stupid, you can use her 2B (best antiair) as an AA and cancel it into 214D. It has stupid juggle properties even though it inflicts hard knockdown. :P

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 07:43:36 AM »
I played some NGBC casually with my friend few days ago and I tried Shiki. I thought that she was kinda nice character, much better than her SVC Chaos appearance.

But I was kinda confused. I thought that she wasn't that fast character, so I had use teleport move. Also I didn't find her special moves that useful. But she still was good character, nice variety to my usual choices.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 05:50:04 PM »
I played some NGBC casually with my friend few days ago and I tried Shiki. I thought that she was kinda nice character, much better than her SVC Chaos appearance.

But I was kinda confused. I thought that she wasn't that fast character, so I had use teleport move. Also I didn't find her special moves that useful. But she still was good character, nice variety to my usual choices.

I haven't had time to really go over her movelist awhole lot, but I do plan on getting some info down tonite. She does have a good set of links and her speed is pretty good. I'll take a look and see what good strings she has that can be used as pokes...

She does have alot of good mixup potential, which can give some room for her command throw if your opponent isn't careful. I've got a strong feeling that her true playstyle isn't necessarily pure rushdown, but more like a hit and run, with baiting in mind. Again, I'll take a crack at her and see what I can come up with.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 08:52:48 AM »
I will list her possible chains here. I'm only gonna list the ones that can actually be considered combos. The list will be updated (it's late)... There will be combo postings soon also.

Chains:
;a ;b ;dn ;a ;dn ;b

;a ;dn ;d

;a ;b ;dn ;c

;a ;b ;d

;dn ;a ;a ;a

;dn ;a ;a ;dn ;a

;dn ;a ;a ;dn ;a ;a

;dn ;a ;b ;a

;b ;a ;a

;b ;a ;b

;b ;a ;dn ;c