Author Topic: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)  (Read 30531 times)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 03:24:53 PM »
Anyone up for another sunday afternoon/evening Gety run?  I'll be pretty tired since I'm going to be in waterloo on saturday (probably until like 2 am *laughs* ), but better to play XIII tired than not to play it at all.
Old man/bad player

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »
ya i'm fine for this sunday... like i said, i plan to be there every week... and this time i'll have combos and such printed out so i can test them out better... planning to try out Takuma...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 06:38:23 PM »
Yay  :).  Same schedule as last weekend sound good?

Unrelated note, the smilies on this forum are too cute to not use.  Rarely touch them elsewhere, but here, I just can't get enough *laughs*
Old man/bad player

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 04:05:13 PM »
going to be at Loveghety this Wednesday around 4-5pm... whoever is around show up!!!

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »
Cool stuff.  I was gonna post that I'll probably be there around 5 tomorrow *laughs*.  Probably won't be able to stay more than an hour or so, but it's better than nothing.

Also, this weekend is no good for me, but the office I work at is closed on friday, so I'll probably spend something like 2pm-6pm at Lovegety.  If anyone's around, drop on by ;) Edit2: Some personal matters came up and I couldn't make it out :(

Edit: Ugh, why am I so awful at this game :(?  I mean, I'm sure it didn't help matters that I spent all last week practicing AH3, then upon realizing in waterloo that we didn't have enough setups to really run a tournament, ended up playing 2002UM pretty much all day saturday, then practicing more AH3 this week before trying to play XIII today, but all of that is just a glossy veneer to cover up that I'm just really bad.

Ah well, at least I'm starting to do some good stuff like canceling cr.D's (had forgotten you could do that so often in KOF *laughs* ) and using some more command throws.  Need to use more hops (though I think that's partly the weird sticks on the machine, because I can hops much more easily on my own stick), to actually do stuff with drive meter (not counting accidentally activating HD mode when I'm trying to use CD because of the screwy button settings at Lovegety), and to get a better feeling for input timing because I keep screwing up so much.  The last one might be psychological, but I was so much better at doing things like clean anti-air moonslashers or hitconfirming pokes when I was just scrubbing around in 2002UM on saturday, so I think that the XIII input delay has at least a little bit to do with it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 09:45:42 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

TSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »
gg charles yesterday at gety  :)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 03:22:31 PM »
going to go to Loveghety this monday... anyone up for some games?

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 06:24:42 PM »
I might stop by after work.  Finally started to get a little better feel for stuff lately...I'm still bad (a given, with how little time I've spent on XIII in general *laughs* ), but at least I can somewhat do basic Liz/Shen juggles and Duo's rekkas (they're apparently input a lot slower than they look like...timing is only slightly faster than Mature's).
Old man/bad player

TSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 04:15:54 AM »
ill try to be there on monday afternoon

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 05:08:48 AM »
I might stop by after work.  Finally started to get a little better feel for stuff lately...I'm still bad (a given, with how little time I've spent on XIII in general *laughs* ), but at least I can somewhat do basic Liz/Shen juggles and Duo's rekkas (they're apparently input a lot slower than they look like...timing is only slightly faster than Mature's).
will you be able to pick me up from finch station? when do you get off work? i have work at 10 at night... so i'll be able to stay till 8:30 latest...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »
I usually get off work around 4 pm, but unfortunately, I'm coming from the other direction, so it'd be a pretty long detour.  Plus, it's looking kind of unlikely that I can make it out at all anyway.  Forgot that I have some plans for the evening.

*checks timestamps on posts* Also, shoutouts to me for prompt responses, huh? *laughs*

Edit:
So, yeah, obvious wasn't able to make it today.  I'm off from work on friday, though, so I'll be at gety then...probably something like noon to 5 pm or so.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:19:20 AM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 09:11:40 PM »
What the hell, Lovegety?  If you're not going to open on time, at least open within like 45 minutes of your supposed opening time.  Such a waste today.

Oh well.  Guess I'll just have to try again some other time.
Old man/bad player

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 11:54:27 PM »
that guy was a total retard... made us wait for like 1 hour... so stupid... lets plan something for next time... who's free and when?

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 07:03:11 PM »
So, apparently, the hours of operation sign at gety is just there to troll people, because a friend told me that it pretty much doesn't open before 3 at the earliest.  And, as I said on that day, people complain that arcades lose too much money....

Anyway, the next time I'll be free to put in some real time (like, more than just half an hour or so *laughs* ) is probably august 7th.

Edit: I seem to have horrible luck with stuff popping up at the last minute when I plan on going out for XIII.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:10:07 AM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 03:52:55 AM »
In case anyone happens to be out near Waterloo this weekend....

Old man/bad player