Author Topic: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)  (Read 30202 times)

TSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2011, 08:09:59 AM »
Nice meeting you yesterday Jeff, and good games. TSF, wish you could have mad it...we had some tight matches at the tournament on Sunday. Maybe we can schedule something in the upcoming weeks before the holidays.

sure thing! your kensou is really scary, your ability to land a target combo into HD is really scary lol

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »
Thanks  :). Hey, TSF...are you on facebook by any chance? There's a KOF group for Toronto and most of the players in the scene talk there on a regular basis. You should check it out if you haven't already.
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2011, 11:13:23 PM »
Hey when are you guys having a gathering again?
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »
Hey when are you guys having a gathering again?

We might be doing something today, and obviously Wednesday at A and C is still a go. Check the FB group for details about meet-ups. I'll also post on here if any kind of casual event is confirmed.

Oh, and there's another KOF tournament going down on January 8th (Sunday) @ A and C World.
Iori:

Yasanagi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2011, 12:02:15 AM »
Finally got registered for DC forums so yay for that. To all those who attended the A & C tourney on Dec 11, I was the big Chinese guy with the Fatal Fury cap.

If there are offline sessions going on, I would like to hear about them (assuming work and study time don't kill me in the upcoming months). I'm interested in learning XIII's system and how to make the best of it.

And before I forget, Merry Christmas to all and hopefully, we'll see an explosion of KOF activity for 2012.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »
Nice to see you finally on here man. Happy holidays to you as well! There should be some casuals happening after the New Year weekend, so be on the look out for that. I always recommend people to join the FB group, because its the place with the most activity/information, but I'll post back here if any other events arise. Another tournament is happening January 8th, at the same location + time as the first one you attended. Hope to see you next week!
Iori:

BladeOfJustice

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2012, 08:08:58 AM »
I'm guessing this place is Canada's biggest KOF community. Good stuff, Toronto is always the first to get things started when in comes to fighters.

Anyways, I just wanted to leave this here for those of you who are willing to travel to support the game you love. We in Montreal hope to see a strong attendance for KOF13 on April 14th: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2014.0

:)

MadeManG74

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2013, 08:51:55 AM »
Hey all, sorry for the thread necromancy, but I figured it would be better than making a new thread about this. I'm currently living in Australia and I've just been approved to work/study in Canada, and I'm looking to travel to Toronto for 6~12 months later this year.

I was interested in knowing if there's much of a scene in Toronto for KOF, from this thread it looks like there is one. Where is the best place to look into it and eventually get in contact? Are you able to tell me much about the FGC in general (I also play VF) or point me to a forum/site where i can learn more? :)

karsius

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:08 PM »
I would like to know this as well. Since LoveGety Station shut down last month, I'm not sure where a local scene now exists for KOF outside of A & C, which I'm pretty much unavailable to reach on a regular basis due to the amount of time it takes to get there by public transportation(Around 2+ hours coming from Markham). Is there another scene around the Markham/GTA area that I can go to or is A&C the only one? I've been really meaning to start playing KOFXIII for real and make it my main fighting game, but with the terrible online and no local scene I can frequent, I'm stuck just playing story mode, doing the trials, or sticking in training mode, which of course doesn't give much in the way of motivation to really improve my play.

MadeManG74

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2013, 05:19:40 AM »
Good to know that there is at least something at A&C wherever that may be :p

I might try posting on KOF Toronto/KOF Canada or whatever group I can find on Facebook as well...

karsius

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2013, 05:27:36 AM »
Good to know that there is at least something at A&C wherever that may be :p

I might try posting on KOF Toronto/KOF Canada or whatever group I can find on Facebook as well...

It's in downtown Toronto, which makes it unavailable for me to go to, since I'm from Markham, and the bus ride/subway there would be way too long. Here's the address:

706 Spadina Ave, Toronto
www.acgamesonline.com