Author Topic: KOF XIII PUBLISHED BY ATLUS!  (Read 20074 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
KOF XIII PUBLISHED BY ATLUS!
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: KOF XIII PUBLISHED BY ATLUS!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:04:28 AM »
No Hype until official! Especially with no Xbox 360 mention yet! :)

Gotta love how all the screenshots say "insert coin". There's no info on the page that suggest a press release, either. And the screens look very arcade version promo.

So.... not hyped until more is known! ;) But if Atlus DOES publish this... I expect an awesome Special Edition!

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:06:20 AM »
Date sounds about right it's in line with that one thing lol
" you fight well in the old style"

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »
I'm sorry, I had to get hype. Seen KOFXIII in my amazon page is awesome.

But I think it's official, the "Display Cover" has the ESBR "RP" and Atlus logo in it, I doubt Amazon would take the time just to do that and put it up just to later say "it's not real".

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:18:47 AM »
:) Yeah, solid reasoning... I know there have been info "leaks" on Amazon before, but I'm not sure of the anatomy of their situations (if there were screenshots, if they got info from deals that went sour, if they've ever been elaborate mistakes, etc), so, y'know... cautiously optimistic!

Atlus did publish Metal Slug XX on PSP, so it wouldn't be without precedent.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:24:55 AM »
Lets wait for tomorrow, maybe Atlus releases a trailer or something. And I hope the same as you, if Atlus does publish KOF XIII, I really hope they do an awesome Collectors Edition for 60.

Now I can't go to sleep, I wish I still had my site, at least I would had been busy uploading all this stuff. lol

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 10:28:25 AM »
Is atlus at E3? Is it a good company to publish XIII?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 10:31:04 AM »

Yes, Atlus is at E3 and yes to your 2nd question. Atlus games have a high value even after years of been released, they tend to do collector editions for almost every game they release and all of them are great. Besides, this is no the first time Atlus published SNKP or the matter of fact, KOF games. They published KOF EX2 for the GBA in North America.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »
Oh man, really can't resist feeling that hype building.

No 360 version though? That's really weird. I seriously hope that's just an oversight.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 10:34:06 AM »

Yes, Atlus is at E3 and yes to your 2nd question. Atlus games have a high value even after years of been released, they tend to do collector editions for almost every game they release and all of them are great. Besides, this is no the first time Atlus published SNKP or the matter of fact, KOF games. They published KOF EX2 for the GBA in North America.

Yeah but I remember playasia having kof xiii by ignition which was a mistake. I hope this is not a mistake too.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 10:37:24 AM »
Yeah but I remember playasia having kof xiii by ignition which was a mistake. I hope this is not a mistake too.

Well like I said before, Amazon placed a "Display Cover" with ESBR "RP" rating and Atlus logo in it, I doubt Amazon would do that much for a fake. Besides Play-Asia just had the name, they didn't upload any image or cover.

To put more wood to the fire, here is a post at ATLUS forums that was brought a few months ago:
http://www.atlus.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245536&postcount=1827

That post doesn't say much, but it gives the clue.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:39:11 AM by DarKaoZ »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »
Lets wait for tomorrow, maybe Atlus releases a trailer or something. And I hope the same as you, if Atlus does publish KOF XIII, I really hope they do an awesome Collectors Edition for 60.

Now I can't go to sleep, I wish I still had my site, at least I would had been busy uploading all this stuff. lol

Been meaning to ask you what happened to the site, btw... And I know how you feel! My better judgement says "get some rest!" But the idea of the game getting released (barely 10 days before my B-day, even) makes me wanna check every site online for the potential of more "leaks"...

Atlus is known to generally take care for their products. They normally do at least 1 or 2 nice things for a games promotion, first of all.

Second, they've been known to produce limited editions for games that most other companies would never say deserved such things.

They're very good at releasing JUST enough units of games to allow themselves to make a profit, satisfy the fanbase, and make the item saught after by collectors.

I'd also say they're normally pretty "hands off" when it comes to forcing changes and such. So they seem to be a pretty good publishing partner most of the time.

For SNKP, they released Metal Slug 7 on PSP And long ago, KoF EX 2 on GBA. As far as other fighting games, they released the original Arcana Heart in the US for PS2. They normally hang with their own RPGs (Persona, Shin Megami Tensai), and unique japanese released (Like Samurai Western (ps2), Kenka Bancho (PSP) and 3D Dot game Heroes (PS3)) that'd rarely get a chance otherwise.

(typed this while other stuff was posted... but took so long, I'll post it anyway! lol)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »
Been meaning to ask you what happened to the site, btw...

Yeah... to keep it short, lots of shit happen. lol

Long story:
[spoiler] I got depress like a month or so before the site got hacked, I have never been depress for so long (2 months and I was getting tired of it) and I went to a doctor to ask for medication. During that time the site got hacked, we lost almost everything. Since I was depress I didn't cared much, my depression was annoying me a lot and was my main issue. Then my cousin (founder) and I had a "fight" per say and I told him "do what ever". Then he decided to change servers and but then the money was a issue, he had bills to pay and I was paying for my meds, the site slowly died after that.

We were talking the other day to bring up the site back, well he wanted to make a new domain and new site. But then I said "but we already gain the name, why start from zero again?" so we put this up on hold for now, until we settle up a bit. If we open the site back, it will definitely need have to be more than 3 people posting news. But well that is how it went, but lets see how it goes in the next months. [/spoilers]

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 11:06:11 AM »
I am so excited right now! NorCal KOF has slowly been gaining some steam but with this it'll make serious strides forward. I can't wait. I'm going to preorder at Gamestop or something so I can get it day 1.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 11:09:06 AM »
atlus also published OG guilty gear on playstation
" you fight well in the old style"