Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404450 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »
I could see the new stage being something like a garden maze for the Berstein family estate of something... Or something to do with Elisabeth's nobility. I'd be perfectly cool with this stage lacking an army of characters, and instead focusing on evironmental details and maybe a hidden cameo that appears only during certain conditions. As long as it goes through changes per round!
like marco and fio on the egypt stage? and wats the conditions for them to apperar since i see them rarely on some vids.

-nod- I don't know if there are any set conditions. It seems just to be a chance for seeing them in certain stage forms. I don't think the way the last round was won, or the timer, or anything like that, has anything to do with it in this case.

But there are some stage gimmicks that directly are caused by the player (like knockdowns on the Jungle stage causing things to fall from the ceiling, or comboing/winning in corners causing a woman to cheer you on in the french stage, or a dog to pop out of the corner in the China stage.) Universally, the BG characters also zoom faster in speed the more intense your combos get.

And welcome to DC! LoL at your Yuri Avvy ^_^ Always found that art of hers pretty fun.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »
almost all the characters of FF1 have appeared in kof by now

except for the boxer and that capoeira guy

Well, there are a couple of more characters from Fatal Fury that haven't been playable KOF yet.

The 2 boxers Micheal Max/Franco Bash
Capoeira guy Bob Wilson. His teacher Richard Mayer did make it into the KOF Maximum Impact series though.
Cheng Sinzan
Hon Fu
Jubei
Axel Hawk
Lawernce Blood
Jin Chonrei/Chonshu
Sokaku
Rick Strowd - some of his moves carried over to Vanessa anyway

cHuCo_

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2011, 07:03:01 PM »
And welcome to DC! LoL at your Yuri Avvy ^_^ Always found that art of hers pretty fun.
thnx man, iv been lurking since the early stages of the site but ur comment made me reply cuz its a something that caught my attention since people rarely disccuss that particular cameo.
Cuando nos estemos enfrentando a la adversidad... el FUUUAAAAA! nos da caracter!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
the guy was talking about fdf1 obviously, not rb games and such. theres a shitload of motw characters not in kof, and their from ff as well.

im really hoping the dlc wont be characters tha would really suck. music and bg's, im willing to pay for those if their no on disc. characters as dlc is just retarded imo.

and billy looks best in his 95 outfit, it was his original kof outfit and ff outfit and looks realest on him. the rb outfit looked fake as fuck with those shitty boots of his. painter billy ftmfw.

also that pic in the link didnt work with google chrome, did work with explorer. but its here already so doesnt matter. cant eait for additional info, with these 2 extra years to work on 13 im expecting a LOT of new shit. at least 3 to 6 new characters along with awesome online. maybe even 9 new characters, but that pushing it. we should probably be happy if we get 1 coplete team added.

also anybody notice how my beloved evil characters are not in this game. none of the boss team, no yamazaki and nada. either way lets see what well be getting. and hope that the characters at least have a complete moveslist and are not filled wit bugs and glitches.

again for the last time, i hope the dlc wont be characters, anytyhing but that.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »
hello guys,

I have been a lurker here for some time and i would like to thank this community for everything it brought and for sticking with the King of Fighters. I am a fan of 2d based fighting games since i knew them (since street fighter 2); its a great feeling to see them back again. I have a question, has there been any talk of a pc version for KoF XIII?

i would say something but i'ma gonna get a yellow card =))

I interpreted it that way at first, but I'm beginning to think that he actually meant a real legit PC release. 

Welcome to DC btw, you can introduce yourself here.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2011, 08:09:26 PM »
Exclusive Atlus and SNKP interview from Orochinagi.com:

http://orochinagi.com/2011/06/interview-with-atlus-and-snkp

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »
that interview was awesome

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 29, 2011, 08:26:05 PM »
damn, we got absolutely no new info from that interview. i just hope they understand rollback and know of the name yamazaki.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 29, 2011, 08:39:21 PM »
No English dub? Why?I mean, they got ATLUS, they can do awesome dubbing. I actually liked Iori and other characters English voices from XII. =/

Anyways, is good that the SNKP think the netcode is the most important thing for the console. Unfortunately they didn't mention what method they are using. Hopefully something they did but that is on par or if not better than GGPO rollback.

And is good to know there will be a New Story mode that is different from the Arcade experience. So I can definitely see they are taking the BlazBlue route with it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:41:46 PM by DarKaoZ »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »
damn, we got absolutely no new info from that interview. i just hope they understand rollback and know of the name yamazaki.

I'm sure a lot of European players got some new info though.

Great interview. My favorite parts of the interview:

"what was said was that the developer had learned a great deal from KOF XII and was using that experience as a foundation for the netcode in XIII. It is not based on the “same old XII” netcode."

"GS: Will there be English voice dubbing?
KY: It will be Japanese voice only. We believe that will provide the players with the best KOF XIII experience."

"GS: Will the game text be translated into any other languages?
KY: We want as many players to enjoy the original arcade dialogue and the console version’s new Story Mode as possible, so the in-game text will be in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese and Korean."

"GS: Are there any plans to release this in Europe?
KY: An announcement regarding the European release of KOF XIII will be made soon."

"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »

Aram said that "it's not based on the same netcode of XII."  He cleared that up and we appreciate that.   Sounds like it's a new netcode but I could be interpreting it wrong.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2011, 08:51:47 PM »

Aram said that "it's not based on the same netcode of XII."  He cleared that up and we appreciate that.   Sounds like it's a new netcode but I could be interpreting it wrong.

It most likely mean that is a new netcode or that the method they are using to eliminate lag is not the same as the XII method.

I understand if they don't use GGPO, I don't think GGPO can work in everything, but as long as they use the same method to reduce lag, I think they will do fine.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2011, 08:52:19 PM »
@Kane317

Yeah they clarified what that guy from gamespot got wrong.They said they learned from their mistakes.Very good to hear that now i'm gonna wait a bit to preorder...maybe a collector's edition will pop up  :)

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2011, 08:54:59 PM »
The lack of English voice acting got my attention... and SNK should know by now that the PS3 version of the game should have English voice acting if it were to be released on disc.

They also got Atlus, who always hires great voice actors, like Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Johnny Yong Bosch, etc., and I hope that the "No English Dub" part in the Interview is only for the Japanese release.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:57:15 PM by Mikel »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Without trying to step on any toes, I'll admit to being happy at the lack of English voice acting. It always seems like such a waste of resources.