Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404405 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
So the release date for Japan is Oct 27 and the official release date for NA has not been announced. If the release date for NA was to be something like Nov 29, would any of you import the game to play it a monthly early at home? and then buy the NA version again?

Remember JP/Asia PS3 version is not region protected and you can go online with it.

My response? Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!

Waste of money.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 30, 2011, 06:58:59 PM »
So the release date for Japan is Oct 27 and the official release date for NA has not been announced. If the release date for NA was to be something like Nov 29, would any of you import the game to play it a monthly early at home? and then buy the NA version again?

Remember JP/Asia PS3 version is not region protected and you can go online with it.

what do you mean, is the US and EU version of the ps3 titles region protected?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
^No, but they will be released after the JP version.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 30, 2011, 07:12:50 PM »
From lots of parts the release date appears to be october 25 here

Waifu Material

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2011, 07:15:47 PM »

I would definitely not import this game. Atlus is going to the trouble of bringing this game to us and I would hate to deny them what they deserve. Also, how is SNK to know how well the game is received in america if we all import?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »
October 25th is listed as the NA release of the game by both Gamestop and Amazon. I know it's not a placeholder date at GS because they use the 1st of the month for placeholders.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2011, 07:23:23 PM »
I would definitely not import this game. Atlus is going to the trouble of bringing this game to us and I would hate to deny them what they deserve. Also, how is SNK to know how well the game is received in america if we all import?
would any of you import the game to play it a monthly early at home? and then buy the NA version again?
I'm expecting simultaneous release in Japan and North America, but if that doesn't happen, I'd do it.
Old man/bad player

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »

That's why I ask? would you purchase the NA version again? How great would it be for Atlus if we purchase both versions?

October 25th is listed as the NA release of the game by both Gamestop and Amazon. I know it's not a placeholder date at GS because they use the 1st of the month for placeholders.

You have a really good point and I'm pretty sure it true but until I hear it directly from Atlus I'm not holding my breath.

What would you do Nilcam?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 30, 2011, 07:31:13 PM »
I already have the US version preordered, so I'd be willing to wait.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 30, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »
Well it seems KOFXIII will have competition on Octuber 25th, the new DBZ will be released on the same day in the US.

Dunno if that is a good thing or bad.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 30, 2011, 09:36:38 PM »
Well it seems KOFXIII will have competition on Octuber 25th, the new DBZ will be released on the same day in the US.

Dunno if that is a good thing or bad.
prolly a good thing since a lot of people dont take those dbz games seriously

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 30, 2011, 09:51:28 PM »
If I could get it at least a month early, I'd import and then buy the NA release. Of course, I bought the 360 release through Amazon using trade-in credit so it's costing me $5 and I used Gamestop credit to buy the PS3 version, so it's only costing me $35.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 30, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
In my case I will buy the US version, I just hope the boxart is awesome. I'm a sucker for cool boxarts/disc-arts.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #358 on: June 30, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
I hope the game has a good, color manual. Those are a dying breed now-a-days!

As an owner of strictly a US 360, I wouldn't be importing... I'd just wait for the US release. But it sounds like they're going for near-same-day releases with the 25th/27th dates mentioned so far (almost the same time, when you take into account timezones), so I'm not really worried about it.

Never get too hyped for SNKP release dates, lol. Look at how long it took Trouble Witches NEO! and 2K2UM to come out! Not even going to mention PS2 and Xbox release dates.

And as far as DBZ... that's a whole different market as far as I'm concerned. If they get XIII into demo Kiosk, I could imagine some entering the stores for DBZ, but walking out with XIII!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »
I've pre-ordered a US version in play-asia. But I will cancelled if japanese version is out sooner and/or its artbox is better. I'm not going to wait til European version appears, probably some months later...
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature