Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404111 times)

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #645 on: July 07, 2011, 07:17:42 AM »
Billy Kane's NeoMAX

pretty good and stylish.....i want to see the console ver though
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 07, 2011, 07:28:25 AM »
besides his stance, billy seems animated really well, especially for a ipod version.

something i forgot to mention, theres 3 stages missing from the iphone versionç brazil, hong kong & japan stages (the stages with the most animations in them basically). that means well have 15 normal stages in the game along with the boss stage thats with the big ass doors (making it 16). i wont count that all white stage as that isnt a real stage. with all these stages we could have 2 more complete teams and have ash and saiki havd their own levels and wed still have a level left (which could be used for one of the boss battles thats not in front of thos fma doors).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:37:43 AM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #647 on: July 07, 2011, 07:47:44 AM »
Considering we have playable Billy now, without awaiting the console release, I wonder how they'll reveal console Billy? I'd love to see them drop a proper character trailer + A Technical Reference at the same time, fitting him right into the setups they made during arcade release.

Is it me, or does he seem even more range-friendly than ever before? His up-staff attack is much faster, full screen Stab-and-explode is very well ranged, and his crouching sweep seems to have much better recover than before.

His neomax also looks very easy to land after a counterhit CD, though the damage he did with it to K' in the corner, suggest it's either best mid-screen, or when activated In-Your-Face.

His stance might have looked sitff, but it's a good transition point for moves. I like the fact that his staff ACTUALLY COMES BACK DOWN after he tosses it up in his winpose, unlike a certain Boagard boy's hat...

Looking forward to seeing the rest of his normals and the EX versions of his moves!

Also, it's kinda funny... this release is KINDA like a "Paid Demo", lol. I'd easily buy it, if I had an Iphone :(

Hope this is all a good preview of the console release features, as well. Hope it's gallery is even better collected, with even more content!

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 07, 2011, 08:22:36 AM »
His St. CD looks like it has more range than ever before same with his J. CD. Cr. A looks like it has a little less than usual though.

Mr. Grando

• New Challenger
    • View Profile

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #650 on: July 07, 2011, 08:51:14 AM »
 ;up Such an awesome Win portrait!

On to the moves discussion...

Good point, cr. ;a had his body lead forward more in the past. I guess the downward quick staff poke he has, that hits at the ankles, will be his crouching ;b? Or does he just have close and far range weak normals?

I noticed in the other 2 vids that KusoCamera posted, that he has a close-up triple staff-stab. New command normal? Kinda weird to have a three-hit poke in KoF, similiar to Whip's  ;fd + ;a command move. That should help make his gameplay a bit unique, along with him being one of few who actually jumps off screen to attack.

Good to see he has his old "balance you on the tip of the staff, choke, then slam" throw, too. They could have easily just made it some boring toss, or a slam without the choke, or something.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:56:26 AM by SAB-CA »

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 07, 2011, 08:56:07 AM »
That three hit staff attack looked like Dragon Rage.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 07, 2011, 09:03:16 AM »
Considering Rose is in some scenes in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if Adelheid may possibly be a character SNKP will revisit for this game.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 07, 2011, 09:34:12 AM »
3 new videos, posted by Evil Yagami on MMCafe:
Billy Kane NeoMax :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTHYaNxFKQM&feature=player_embedded

KOF 95 Stage :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljJ_vtDmd0

KOF 96 Stage :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SZAOIbtIO4&feature=related

Here are some interesting notes from Toxico regarding the above videos. But he bring up some good points, like changes from the Arcade version:

I don't like small talk but I thought I was better of pointing this out rather than leaving it to be.

In that vid you can check some differences compared to the "current build" of "KoF XIII". For one, they added the sample "Rock you" before Terry's Buster Wolf; I'm pretty sure that his two voice clips for that move don't say anything but "Buster Wolf" in the arcade version. Secondly and actually important, Goro canceled his Ukemi move with special moves, and the last time I checked I'm pretty sure that he can't do that in the arcade version (I'm not 100% sure, I haven't touched Goro as much as I would like), that's a great add for the character.

I wonder if there are more character changes in there and if they are going to reflect on the actual console build, the answer to those two questions is probably "yes".

So we have new voice clips and maybe some changes in the characters? This is indeed stuff that I wanted to hear.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 07, 2011, 09:56:32 AM »
3 new videos, posted by Evil Yagami on MMCafe:
Billy Kane NeoMax :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTHYaNxFKQM&feature=player_embedded

KOF 95 Stage :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljJ_vtDmd0

KOF 96 Stage :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SZAOIbtIO4&feature=related

Here are some interesting notes from Toxico regarding the above videos. But he bring up some good points, like changes from the Arcade version:

I don't like small talk but I thought I was better of pointing this out rather than leaving it to be.

In that vid you can check some differences compared to the "current build" of "KoF XIII". For one, they added the sample "Rock you" before Terry's Buster Wolf; I'm pretty sure that his two voice clips for that move don't say anything but "Buster Wolf" in the arcade version. Secondly and actually important, Goro canceled his Ukemi move with special moves, and the last time I checked I'm pretty sure that he can't do that in the arcade version (I'm not 100% sure, I haven't touched Goro as much as I would like), that's a great add for the character.

I wonder if there are more character changes in there and if they are going to reflect on the actual console build, the answer to those two questions is probably "yes".

So we have new voice clips and maybe some changes in the characters? This is indeed stuff that I wanted to hear.

Hate to burst the bubble but canceling Goro's qcb B version is nothing new to XIII.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #655 on: July 07, 2011, 10:49:18 AM »
That three hit staff attack looked like Dragon Rage.

Suprisingly, it turns out that's his new Close ;c !
Some notes on Billy from SonicTempest on Orochinagi:

Random crap I got from messing around in practice mode with Billy in KOF-i:
- His close C is a new animation - it's a three-hit attack where he pokes you with the butt of his stick three times. All three hits are cancellable.
- close D is a high kick and is cancellable
- f+A cancels from close C, doesn't cancel into anything, doesn't look like you can cancel into HD mode from it or f+B
- f+B doesn't travel forward after Billy kicks
- down B has a different animation from 2K2 but it can be rapid-fired and is cancellable into dp+K
- dp+K has enough lag after it that you can't do jump C as a followup like you can in 2K2. Following up with QCB+P works though, as does HCF+P (followup whiffs though). Following up with DM/Neomax in the corner also works.
- dp+BD (EX version) has much less lag - you can do a jump C or even another dp+K afterwards in the corner
- HCF+AC does 3 hits. Doesn't seem to have a followup?
- Random note, but I can't seem to cancel to HD mode from any of his pokes. Maybe they forgot to put that in, lol.

Random combo crap:
stand C, f+A
stand C, dp+K, QCB+P
(corner) dBx3, dp+K, QCF,HCB+P

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 07, 2011, 11:04:21 AM »
Am i the only one who finds billy's standing sprite kind of retarted? It is like his stick is heavy.

Looks like SNKp is getting this so right this time. Nice marketing, good puplisher and tons of extras. I am so thrilled!!!!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 07, 2011, 11:08:38 AM »
Also, would it be wrong of me to start a "No Chin, no buy" club? =/
I think it's a great idea. I was going to start "no Mai, no buy" because I thought Mai was missing. then I seen her in a vid xDD

Loving the game. Is a great job, has a lot of features and I'm trying to do some arcade version combos. Really funny way to waste your time lol. Jokes aside, I really like the game. I would only criticize that sprites look good when zoom is out, but in zoom-in they look ugly. I guess this is due to iphone limitations, and maybe in iPad looks great, but it's a shame because the most part of a match is in zoom-in...

Am i the only one who finds billy's standing sprite kind of retarted? It is like his stick is heavy.
Don't take an iPhone game as reference. Frame rate is very different, probably a lot of animations have less frames, etc. Just take it as a test/tease/demo/taste
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:12:56 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 07, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »
I-phone stuff:

Well... Billy has a new arrange of London March....

Also, there's KOF XIII art of characters in chibi form or super-deformed ...

Just speculation... just like the image in the sig, each team might have their own stage...

As for Billy's "Hey Hey Hey!"... Yes, he says that at character select...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:40:25 PM by AmedoS310 »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 07, 2011, 06:53:58 PM »
Also, there's KOF XIII art of characters in chibi form or super-deformed

If the chibi arts are like the one in your avatar, i want to see more of them :)

Also i hope for someone to rip the art gallery, jeez in moments like this i want an iPhone/iPad