Author Topic: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING  (Read 43700 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:52:39 PM »
I just got an email from Atlus' PR manager. He's going to work with our community closely. Post any questions for Atlus in this thread and we'll get them answered!

Edit: After looking through the pages here, I've pulled a few must-ask questions:

1. Netcode, netcode, netcode.
2. Will the game be rebalanced?
3. Will there be a tutorial mode? Challenge mode?
4. What sort of training mode options will be in the game?
5. New characters/stages/content?
6. Will there be a special edition? Pre-order bonuses?
7. Will there be English voices? Can languages be changed per character, like in SFIV?
8. Can games be recorded for replay?
9. How will button configuration work?
10. Are there plans for a strategy guide?
11. Are there plans for a KOF arcade stick?
12. What are your plans for publicity/advertising? Are you interested in sponsoring tournaments?
13. Will there be a public beta?

I've submitted these questions to Atlus.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:24:13 AM by nilcam »

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atlus
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »
I think I will be the first to post here, so here are my questions:

1). Will there be anime cutscenes by Production I.G., full-voiced dialogue, and an English/JP voice option?
2). Will there be new English voices? and what recording studio will record them? Will the voice actors get credited as well?
3). Will we see any console exclusive characters, stages, movesets, etc. in the console release?
4). How good is online play in your terms? Is it better than it was in The King of Fighters XII?
5). Also, will you take this as my helping hand to Atlus, SNK, and the KOF Community?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:03:57 PM by Mikel »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »
Might as well follow the Format!

1). Would they consider doing some kind of on-console beta / online demo to test and refine the netcode, similiar to SSFIITHDR?
2). Is there a Special Edition Planned? What would be the price range?
3). GGPO. Yes, no?
4). Do they plan to modify SNKP's existing english text translations? Or will they stay authentic to the english arcade release?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:07:47 PM by SAB-CA »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 04:25:23 PM »
1. Are they considering rebalance console version?
2. What about release for Europe?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 04:30:56 PM »
1). If DLC is being made for this game what can we expect to see?

2). If you dont plan on using GGPO netcode will you use the code from NGBC (Neo Geo Battle Coliseum) or Samurai Shodown Sen

3). Will there be a tutorial or a online training mode?

4). Are there any plans to rebalance the game?

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
1. Will stages and music from XII be imported to KOF XIII, along with new stages and bgm's
2. Will existing characters play style and move set change for the console version
3. Will the visual be updated where it pops out instead of being somewhat blurry
4. Will there be new characters along side with extra console characters( if there are any)
5. Will the online experience be unique wher it stand out from its competitors

VicViper

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 06:37:32 PM »
Can we get a color edit mode?
XBL: Astejos

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:02:15 PM »
will the game have a better netcode than ggpo (which isnt that great to begin with if your facing somebody from another continent).

any rebalancing? in particular toning down K, raiden, elizabeth & kula. and if possible giviving more moves to and improving Terry, mai, goro & clark?

will there be extra characters (yamazaki!) and bacgrounds, also more music to select from? also i hope they'll at least put it all on the disc. console exclusive characters just for ps3 or 360 is a bad idea (which snkp probably already knows). also dlc is a terrible idea, everybody should have acces to the same amount of characters.

will it be packed with extra content like kof xi for ps2? art galleries, challenge modes etc.

sent from my ps3 without tapatalking.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »
i know you guys aren't directly developing the game, but here are some concerns that haven't been directed here:

1. Will the control configuration be more of a direct input? EX: In BlazBlue you have the buttons and you just go and press the buttons in the order you use them. This is faster and better for tournament play.

2. Can SNKP add Online Training Mode? This will be an training mode with the option to bring a friend online, so you we can explain him how to play the game or show them combos. Matches are great to practice for tournaments, but not to teach newcomers the game.

3. Any tutorial modes included? A tutorial mode ala BlazBlue Continum Shift could be great, but less annoying and simpler.

4. Will the PS3 ver have Home support and custom soundtrack? ( I would love to have a KOFXIII arcade cabinet in my Home Apartment, the Tekken 6 Cabinet is one of my favorite articles in Home.

5. Can we record and save Replays like in KOF XII? If so, will there be any frame by frame player? BlazBlue added this and I think it's great. I would also love to see the players input while playing the game.

6. Any possibilities for you guys to bring to the PS2, PS3 or 360 any of the unreleased KOF games? For example: KOF2002UM Tougeki, KOF98UM Final Edition, KOF MIRA, etc. Having an HD remastered of this fighters would be amazing for the PS3/360.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »
I guess they are just the publisher in this case (all game copyright is under SNKP) a lot of question here could bt out of target XD I have only one thing to say to Atlus... THANK YOU!!! ghghgh finally someone who take care of us. And i'm going to buy Catherine too >.>

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 08:19:41 PM »
Y'know, you guys should probably post here: http://www.atlus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Just sayin'.

P.S. There's nothing wrong with a little Catherine. FUFUFUFU...

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 09:46:02 PM »
Y'know, you guys should probably post here: http://www.atlus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105

People is getting mad with all that demandings... Anime intro with voice dialogues, story mode like BB, new endings.. God  ¬_¬

This game only needs a decent netcode and K'&Raiden nerfed. The rest is just perfect.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »

People is getting mad with all that demandings... Anime intro with voice dialogues, story mode like BB, new endings.. God  ¬_¬

This game only needs a decent netcode and K'&Raiden nerfed. The rest is just perfect.

Yes, the animated cutscenes are amazing in KOFXIII, I prefer SNKP to do their own ones. I wouldn't mind seen more of them though.

Although having voice acting for the dialog in cutscenes and text bubbles would be really cool IMO.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 09:55:36 PM »

People is getting mad with all that demandings... Anime intro with voice dialogues, story mode like BB, new endings.. God  ¬_¬

Yes, the animated cutscenes are amazing in KOFXIII, I prefer SNKP to do their own ones. I wouldn't mind seen more of them though.

Although having voice acting for the dialog in cutscenes and text bubbles would be really cool IMO.

A lot of things are cool. BB story mode is cool (if you like to read a book while you playing a game...), but KOF XIII is what is. They are not going to re-do the game, just will add some few extras (maybe!) and give netcode to play online and game modes to play offline. They are not going to rebuild story mode or endings, or cutscenes or whatever. And people should be REALISTIC. This is not about improve the game, is about release console version port.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 10:33:09 PM »
A lot of things are cool. BB story mode is cool (if you like to read a book while you playing a game...), but KOF XIII is what is. They are not going to re-do the game, just will add some few extras (maybe!) and give netcode to play online and game modes to play offline. They are not going to rebuild story mode or endings, or cutscenes or whatever. And people should be REALISTIC. This is not about improve the game, is about release console version port.

Well it's not that unrealistic, I mean, BB arcade doesn't have Story mode, it's basically how KOFXIII arcades is, text bubbles and a ending. The story mode people are asking is more like a Dating Sim looking and that was in  BB console version only. Besides you don't really read it, you hear all the text as conversations, which helps develop the characters more.

I know it's too much for SNKP to do, but I would be happy if they added a animated cutscene showing what happen in previews KOF of Ash Saga and have the usually only TEXT novel, but animated. I would be perfectly happy with that.