Author Topic: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING  (Read 43729 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atlus
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 10:55:59 PM »
Atlus:

Dreamcancel was born out of a necessity for a stronger KOF community so again, thank you so much Atlus for taking the time to address the community and taking our feedback.

I believe most of most popular concerns have been voiced.  I'm very interested in doing some sort of beta testing or community events with Atlus for the launch.  Also, there's a dedicated group of 6-7 SoCal players that has been playing for a year competitively already, that's willing to help out locally if needed be.

Finally, if you need to test the netcode for short distance games, for say....5.8miles from your headquarters-- I'll be happy to volunteer =)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 10:56:03 PM »
Good to hear Atlus cares about player feedback

1.Will the game have good online out of the box? (or we will hear excuses like...too many people are online, we weren't expecting this..bla bla like NRS did)
2.Spectator mode in lobbies? and tournament mode?
3.Will the game be a port of V1.1 or we can expect some extra content like stages or new teams ?
4.Can you give us any detail about the collector's edition?
5.Will the game feature a replay channel?

If there is going to be a game guide please DO NOT make it with Prima guides!

Thank you!

ps: A challenge mode like XI had would be nice too :)
ps2: Any plans for a demo ?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:00:31 PM by KBlackNoah »

JoeJustice

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »
Adding onto everyone's grand list:

1) If there is a voice option between English and Japanese, would you be able to pick each character's language or just a general English or Japanese option?
2) Will there be any sort of challenges or tutorial modes? And on top of that would they be character specific like MVC3 or SSF4 or general like in previous KOF's?
3) Are there any unique game modes (ones not present in standard fighters; i.e besides survival and the like) in the 6 modes of play that were hinted on?
3) Are there any plans for any sort of parterships with peripheral companies (like Madcatz) for limited edition controllers or fighting sticks?

It's good to see Atlus is taking a proactive approach to this. Exciting times indeed!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 11:17:57 PM »
So much for actually posting in the ATLUS THREAD on the ATLUS FORUM.

I love DC and all, but we are neither publishing nor developing the game. So, unless there is someone here who is doing either of those jobs, I would suggest doing the above recommendation. Atlus is a great publisher who really takes fan recommendations to heart, but you gotta put your requests in the right places, where they will see them.

EDIT: Disregard my douchebaggery. I missed the whole PR thing. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... yeah, I should L2R lol
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:11:33 AM by FataCon »

Feez

• New Challenger
  • feezy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 12:24:37 AM »
GGPO netcode is all I ask for and want.
they don't think it be like it is, but it do

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 01:24:40 AM »
Finally, if you need to test the netcode for short distance games, for say....5.8miles from your headquarters-- I'll be happy to volunteer =)

And if you need to test the netcode for mid range distances from you guys, I will be happy to help to, heh!
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 03:16:22 AM »
Good to hear Atlus cares about player feedback

1.Will the game have good online out of the box? (or we will hear excuses like...too many people are online, we weren't expecting this..bla bla like NRS did)
2.Spectator mode in lobbies? and tournament mode?
3.Will the game be a port of V1.1 or we can expect some extra content like stages or new teams ?
4.Can you give us any detail about the collector's edition?
5.Will the game feature a replay channel?

If there is going to be a game guide please DO NOT make it with Prima guides!

Thank you!

ps: A challenge mode like XI had would be nice too :)
ps2: Any plans for a demo ?

I seconded this post dude.

Also, I hope for good netcode but if it turns out bad (which i pray-fully hope not) im fine, because I know once this releases, UVP Arcade here in Philly is gonna have to add this to there list of games at there tournaments (Hopefully) since they do MK9 now too. And ima be up in there.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 03:36:03 AM »
1.- Are you going to release a Guide Book with all the possible info ?
2.- How are you going to advertise the game?
3.- Are you going to sponsor tournaments with some juicy prizes?

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 04:31:04 AM »
I can also test netcode.  Central Cali baby.  But seriously atlus, there needs to be a BETA TEST.  You can't trust SNK on netcode.  They said that the Neo Geo station netcode was gonna be good, but that was shit.  Let the people put it through its paces with two or three teams.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 07:36:44 AM »
Hats off to the people at Atlus for bringing the hope one step closer to becoming a reality!!!

Not sure if all questions have been asked (in detail), but redundancy doesn't hurt:

1 - Will the training mode have a record function? This is very vital to the competitive scene as this can help create character specific setups, mixups, and situational setups that can make the players stronger.

2 - Will the online lobby system allow for 6-8 players in one room? Also, will there be the option to have 6 player matches (3 people on 1 team vs another set of 3 people)?

3 - If DLC becomes a reality, will it be based on what the fanbase wants (i.e. - poll), or is there some sort of itinerary that needs to be followed?

4 - Will there be special edition character sprites that are console specific (i.e. - Iori's original outfit, Syo Kirishima palette swap for Kyo)?

5 - If a strategy guide is to be developed, how in-depth will it be, and will it give newcomers the right tools to become competitive?

6 - Will you guys assist SNK with building KOF XIII hype by hosting tournaments and showing up to events?

7 - Will the community get notified of any patches and what they pertain to specifically?

8 - Is there any plans on making KOF XIII fight sticks and/or NeoGeo pads with either Hori or Madcatz?

9 - Can we get some classic soundtracks from the older KOFs?

10- When and if the in game tutorial is to be added, can you guys enlist the support of high level players from all around the world if possible? Also, can you make this really in-depth, so that players from other communities can translate over from say SF or MvC3 to KOF?

11-Can we get a massive amount of advertisement in all forms of media (i.e.- TV, internet, magazine, etc)?

12-Will there be a replay channel, where replays from both rank and player matches can get saved, and will be  in-depth replay functionality (i.e. - rewind button, ability to upload to YouTube and share, etc)?

13-Will there be better, and more challenging achievements/trophies to obtain instead of "Hit the opponent with  ;b 5 times"?

14-Will you challenge/dare the world to become stronger in KOF, and show the world why this game is worth the wait and why it's the best 2d fighter out there???

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 07:39:59 AM »
Oh yeah, can we get Geese and Billy Kane or some other KOF characters that have been neglected?!?!?! Please!!! No EX Kyo or whatever, or a whole stack of old bosses please...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 07:43:20 AM »
1: Good netcode is a necessity for this game to be successful. It can't just be 'decent' and work only in Asia. It has to be good. There's a lot of KOF fans in North America but not all of them have people who play KOF offline.

2: Nerf the God Tiers K', Kula, Elizabeth, and Raiden.

Thank you.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

ZMan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 07:59:14 AM »
Mad props to Atlus for willing to take the time to listen to the community.

1) Will there be button config at the character select screen (like BlazBlue)?

2) Speaking of button config, how will it work? Will it be like SSF4 or BlazBlue style of button config?

3) Will there be any dlc plans (characters, stages, music, etc.)?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 08:22:36 AM »
While reading the last post I just remember something really important in KOF games!

Q: Will the game have STAGE SELECTION??

KOFXII had it, but all the other old school KOF games didn't and is a shame not been able to pick those amazing looking stages at will.

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 09:26:17 AM »
GGPO netcode is all I ask for and want.
ditto. well, see ya