Author Topic: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING  (Read 43705 times)

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atlus
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 11:26:45 AM »
1) Any plans to release this game for Japan (asking on behalf of my Japanese friend)
2) Will there be any Collector's Edition?
3) KOF XIII joystick?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 01:25:56 PM »
Finally, if you need to test the netcode for short distance games, for say....5.8miles from your headquarters-- I'll be happy to volunteer =)

And if you need to test the netcode for mid range distances from you guys, I will be happy to help to, heh!
Well, if they want to test farther (say, oh, SoCal to Toronto), I suppose I could find some time to help ;)

Actual questions:

1. Are there any plans for a way to discourage ragequitting (dropping connection prior to losing) in online matches?

2. If there is a tournament mode, how customizable will it be (i.e. choosing between single elimination, double elimination, and round-robin formats, or breaking a large bracket into pools, or setting character lock vs being able to switch between games)?  Also, will the tournament mode (assuming one exists) be available offline as well?

3. Please make the button config work like Blazblue.  I know this isn't really a question, but it helps at gatherings A LOT when people use different controllers (or just have different preferences for button layout) to be able to easily assign button settings at the character select screen.

4. Will the offline 2-player modes have a quick rematch option at the end of matches (like Melty Blood, Street Fighter 4, etc.)?  Very useful for playing "best of X" sets.

I know Atlus didn't develop the game, but I'm not sure how to get in contact with SNK, so I'm hoping I can ask the following question to them through you:

4. How does the game handle simultaneous input of left and right?  This obviously doesn't come up in arcades, but pad/keyboard players are able to do it, and in certain games, it allows them to block both ways at the same time.
Old man/bad player

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 01:38:31 PM »
1. Dont listen to anyone about balancing/nerfing kula elizabeth k' etc. The only one who is game breaking is raiden. Just fix Raiden. If you nerf K' liz Kula other tiers will rise. We can't have perfect balance, just leave the game as it is. But Raiden deff needs to be nerfed to oblivion.

2. Anime cutscenes, specific voice actors and shit like that doesnt matter just use that money to promote the game. Arcade's story mode is just fine.

3. Good netcode

4. 2-3 additional characters and stages that they are hard to unlock through missions.

5. European release PLS PLS PLS.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »
1) Has or will the netcode be tested? (If you're looking to do testing, I'm in Michigan and would be willing to test from here.)

2) Will there be a collectors edition?

3) Will there be a KOFXIII official stick?

4) What kind of extras can be expected? Characters? Stages? Modes?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:18:40 PM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
1) Any plans to release this game for Japan (asking on behalf of my Japanese friend)

SNKP has already launched their own console site. Japanese fans have nothing to worry about.

Europe on the other hand... Hopefully they won't be left out.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 03:25:30 PM »

I definitely support this, along with some company which means high quality, like Hori or MadCatz. I would definitely buy one of Mai Shiranui.

The game has been translated to spanish. So, I assume that Spain, so Europe, will get a release. But not sure who the publisher will be and when it will be published. Probably later than Japan/USA release, as always...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:31:00 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

syxx

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »
Ask if they will test the online mode before release.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:57 PM »
I want to ask about it,too.If there is a KOFXIII official stick,i will definitely buy one.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:27:37 PM by a11111357 »

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »

SNKP has already launched their own console site. Japanese fans have nothing to worry about.

That's cool. Thanks. Hopefully Altus and SNK will go through this thread and obtain some valuable feedback.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »

That's cool. Thanks. Hopefully Altus and SNK will go through this thread and obtain some valuable feedback.
I want to ask about it,too.If there is a KOFXIII official stick,i will definitely buy one.

If SNKP wants to make money, just make a stick for each character and get ppl to collect them haha.  Or maybe 11 sticks for the ten teams + solo entry.

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 10:01:45 PM »
Cross-posted from the Atlus forums:

If SNK is planning on tweaking the gameplay/balance of the game, I think the most important gameplay issue, if any, is how cross-ups and character's 'hurtboxes' work in this game. For some reason, cross-ups are extremely ambiguous in this game. There are many instances where a move will cross-up, but then the person doing the cross-up will land on the original side, as if it was not a cross-up. In the same instances and setups, the timing can be changed so that they land on the other side.

So-called 'ambiguous' cross-ups exist in every 2D fighter, but I have never seen more inconsistent and un-seeable ones as I have in this game. After extensive play of the arcade version, they are still just as difficult to judge by myself and any other players you might ask. It seems like the cause of the issue is how thin the characters' hitbox is in their standing/idle/blocking state. For a game where there are very high damage combos, landing a hit in this way should be a lot less 'random' than it is now. Many times it is literally a coin flip both from the side of the offensive and defensive players as to which side someone will land on. I really think this is the single biggest issue with the gameplay, much more so than the actual character balance (which is greatly exaggerated by players, most of which have not actually played the game, and only have seen videos).

CartmanKusanagi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 10:10:53 PM »
1) European/Australian release? (asking this for my Australian friend)

2) Color Editor?

3) Exclusive stages and characters or playable bosses?

4) Collectors edition or a fight stick?

My first-time build:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4570
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 (upgraded from GTX 760)
Storage: 1TB HDD + 120GB

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »
I didn't think this day would come, and I retired from SNK stuff, time to un-retire and learn how to troll again.

My requests:

a) GGPO.  Most important thing.  Failing that, Arc-netcode, which is just as good.

b) Second idea.  I don't think SNK can cram an arrange mode in time, but as DLC, an arrange mode would be awesome.  All I'd really think would be needed is this

K' damage nerf
Raiden dropkick nerf
buff up the low tier characters

APARTHEID

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »
Here's a repost of bullet points from the Atlus forum.

1) GGPO. It's the only way you're going to turn a buck on this game. If you slouch on the netcode, you're not going to ship any units.
2) Online lobbies. Don't make the mistake that Capcom did by excluding lobbies from online play; it's annoying as heck to wait around for a free connection to play. Everyone loves a chance at going at it round-robin, so don't forget!

Other than that, if you're capable of turning SNKP around on a few of the below, it'd be nice, but I wouldn't expect 'em to happen.

1) A reworking of the hurtboxes on each character would be nice. The crossups in this game are sort of weird in their implementation and I think a second look at the hurtboxes of each character would go a long way to fixing them up a bit.
2) Rebalancing certain characters to an appropriate level. It's KOF, not K'OF, so a good look at the problem characters in the game would be welcome; a look at the characters having problems would be excellent as well.
3) If you're going to get SNKP to bite the bullet and include extra characters for release, then go with the popular choices and check that Yamazaki gets his place first. If the latter's willing enough to include more, then I guess the New Faces Team ( Yashiro, Shermie and Chris ) or the '97 Special Team ( Billy Kane, Blue Mary and, in this case, Shingo ) would be swell choices for the fans.

Tizoc

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 11:36:55 PM »
Hope it's OK to post what I wrote at the Atlus forums here-

1- Good netcode, please use GGPO if possible
2- DLC characters and stages
3- Please retranslate the game, as the original English translation isn’t very good
4- Will you release this game to EU terretories?
5- If you’ll include English VAs, please include an option to have English AND JP voices, like how Capcom fighting games have it ATM.
6- Take note of the Home button issue on PS3 controllers.
7- Can you provide a demo for the game? It can have 6 characters (2 teams: Team K' and ladies team), modes include Team versus, Single versus and a 1-Player mode where you pick one character and fight 5 matches against the other 5 or such.
8- On that note, any chance you can showcase the game at EVO 2011? Will help get more publicity for it.