Author Topic: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING  (Read 44076 times)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atlus
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 01:59:41 AM »
3) Will there be a KOFXIII official stick?
I want to ask about it,too.If there is a KOFXIII official stick,i will definitely buy one.
If SNKP wants to make money, just make a stick for each character and get ppl to collect them haha.  Or maybe 11 sticks for the ten teams + solo entry.
lol.good proposition.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 02:06:46 AM by a11111357 »

phoenix

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2011, 05:15:21 AM »
I've got three words. GGPO. GGPO. GGPO.

If not: Good netcode. That is, nothing that remotely resembles ANYTHING SNK has used before. SNK has shown time and time again that they utterly and completely incompetent at making workable netplay. So if at all possible PLEASE have an external team put this together.

Other than that I couldn't give a crap. If the netcode is good I'm buying an XBOX360 especially for this game. If it's bad. I wont, and I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way.

PC version maybe? (yeah right.)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2011, 05:26:42 AM »
I agree with everyone, if the netcode is bad, then it will be like KOF12 all over again. People will buy it then people will sell it, then people wont buy it. KOF2002UM for XBL has netcode issues too and people were expecting good online play too. :(

Capcom games and MK9 can survive without good netcode here in USA. SNK games can not. Thats why GGPO is so favored.

That said it would be in the companies best interest to hire some volunteers to help test the netcode in various places all over.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2011, 05:32:10 AM »
3- Please retranslate the game, as the original English translation isn’t very good

Eh, to be clear, there's nothing entirely wrong with the SNK-style english translation. They have their own localization style that's pretty iconic for them, and I much prefer it than the "lets add harsher vulgarity!" style of something like Blazblue, in many places. Spelling errors and porly structured sentences might need refinement here and there, but the overall work is fine.

If one is to modify the translation heavily (I could understand them wanting to make a new translation for the English VA), please also give the option to also use SNKP's original text translations, in addition. (Don't have to translate the VA work on these, that'd be understandable.) Could even make it an unlockable! But there's be no reason just to get rid of it; in some ways, it's actually a strong selling point of the overall experience, to classic SNK fans.

5- If you’ll include English VAs, please include an option to have English AND JP voices, like how Capcom fighting games have it ATM.

All for this. Wouldn't even mind if it was like KoF XII, where they just localized a few characters, but left many as their original Japanese VA, even when changed to "english". Because... really, I don't WANT another VA for Terry, ever, lol.

7- Can you provide a demo for the game? It can have 6 characters (2 teams: Team K' and ladies team), modes include Team versus, Single versus and a 1-Player mode where you pick one character and fight 5 matches against the other 5 or such.

It'd probably be a bad idea to include a Demo that has the biggest characters from this release RIGHT in there! A varied "never satisfying anyone! Must get the full game!" selection would probably be the best. The most important use of a Demo/Beta should be to perfect the netcode for full release, so the only reason they should POSSIBLY have 1p options, would be to show off the arcade mode presentation.

Might as well reiterate a strong point here, as well:

Netcode needs to be tested for THE WORLD, not just locally in Japan, or from 1 office in the US to an office in JP. An online Beta would be a fantastic way to do this, and would give netcode stress test for REAL world situations, not just the optimal, or simulated ones. If there's any way you can persuade this Atlus, please do; it'd be one of the strongest methods of "Marketing" that this game could possibly experience!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2011, 05:51:52 AM »
If not: Good netcode. That is, nothing that remotely resembles ANYTHING SNK has used before. SNK has shown time and time again that they utterly and completely incompetent at making workable netplay. So if at all possible PLEASE have an external team put this together.
NGBC?

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2011, 05:53:25 AM »
This is all I want -

I want Terry to say "ARE YOU OKAY!?" before he unleashes Buster Wolf.

It is so lame that he just goes "BUSTAAHH...... WUUUUULF!" like he currently does.

BRING BACK THE TERRYGRISH.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:41:08 AM by Running Wild »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2011, 06:27:42 AM »
Netcode needs to be tested for THE WORLD, not just locally in Japan, or from 1 office in the US to an office in JP. An online Beta would be a fantastic way to do this, and would give netcode stress test for REAL world situations, not just the optimal, or simulated ones. If there's any way you can persuade this Atlus, please do; it'd be one of the strongest methods of "Marketing" that this game could possibly experience!

Indeed, make a demo/beta available to download so people can start testing the lag. It doesn't matter if it's only 1vs1 with 3 characters or 3vs3 with the same 3 characters. As long as we can test the lag from different parts of the US and Japan at least.

This is all I want -

I want to Terry to say "ARE YOU OKAY!?" before he unleashes Buster Wolf.

It is so lame that he just goes "BUSTAAHH...... WUUUUULF!" like he currently does.

BRING BACK THE TERRYGRISH.

I completely forgot about this and is so damn true! We need "ARE YOU OKAY!!?!" !! Man, how could I forgotten such an important thing for Terry, no wonder he is low tier. lol

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2011, 08:52:09 AM »
1. Will there be a penalty system for Ragequitters like a DC% bar or Ragequitter hell?

2. Will the first shipments of KOFXIII have an exclusive Artbook and/or Sountrack just like you do for the majority of games you publish?

3. Will there be any pre-order bonuses?

4. Will there be a KOFXIII release party just like what happened with KOFXII?

krazykone123

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 09:14:51 AM »
NGBC?

Heh, but still GGPO netcode would put KOF XIII on the map and definitely (finally) make KOF gain it's mainstream appeal in the USA/elsewhere, can you imagine online clan fights with lagless online play?

USA vs AUS/EUROPE?, Japan vs Central/South America?, East Coast vs West Coast?, Arcade Infinity vs KCE?

Maaaaan, GGPO or bust! At this point we shouldn't have to except anything less than that after SNKP's constant foul-ups. Pull out all the stops and get it right the first time!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »
Game will be OK if you can against people from your region. In SF I can't fight against anyone of USA or Japan, but is good to play with european people. KOF XIII needs, at least, have the same online netcode. If I can't even play against europeans... It will be an EPIC FAIL, again. But the last one.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Parapets

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
I don't know how much control Atlus has over these things, but this is what a good console release of a fighting game should have, from most to least important:

• Good netcode: We keep getting fighting games that don't deliver on this aspect, regardless of any claims made by the companies prior to release. GGPO would be fantastic (and the community would certainly take notice), but if it's even as good as the NGBC netcode, that would be good enough.
  • Replay saving: KOF XII had this, so there's no reason for it not to be in XIII. Allow us to save replays of our matches online and offline. Some extra features like slowmo, rewind, and input display would be good.
  • Training mode
    • Restart shortcut, similar to MvC3, where you can hold left or right to go to the corners
    • Online match searching, like BBCS
    • Frame-by-frame programming, like SNKP's previous releases
    • Easy-to-use record/playback, like MvC3
    • Meter and lifebar refill should wait until shortly after a combo is finished
  • Button Config: Make it available on the character select screen if possible, or at least during a match. Allow people to set their buttons just by pressing each corresponding button. See BBCS or SFIII3SOE for reference.
  • Rematch option: This is especially important for a game like KOF because of how long it can take to select characters. It should be possible to rematch both during a match and at the end of each match. Going back to the order select screen is fine.
  • Mission/Trial Mode: This is not a necessity, but KOF XIII will bring a lot of new players, and features like this help a lot for them to get into the game. See BBCS for reference.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:30:11 PM by Parapets »

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »
Actually, this mission/trial mode was in 98UM. Hope they can bring it back too.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
  • Training mode
    • Command list, like every game except KOF XII

...XII had a command list. Listed Command normals, special, DMs... I believe you had to scroll to it with something like the trigger buttons, but it was most definitely there.

One thing I liked from MvC3's training mode that most other fighters don't have: The ability to press Start + Select to do instant Reset to match start. Also, if you held LEFT or RIGHT on your joystick/D-pad while resetting, it would place you and you opponents to the corners of the screen, immediately ready to try out combos in those situations.

I'd LOVE to see that feature for KoF. Would really streamline the training mode, and almost give if that "Just one more try!" feel that makes games like Trials HD so popular (since you can start over instantly, it makes failures much less annoying.)

Parapets

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »
They had it in versus mode, but not training mode. It was really weird.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »
They had it in versus mode, but not training mode. It was really weird.

Command List is the 3rd option down on the second screen of the practice menu. Right up under "Attack Data Display", above "Button Config".

...and I still like this Temple Stage's music. XD (Excuse to boot up XII, GET, lol)