Author Topic: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING  (Read 44103 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2011, 09:36:05 PM »
But if they were saying the truth, then the netcode went wrong ones everybody started logging in to play online.

I tried a game with shiranui_ninja on XII with the servers empty a few days ago to test the online( ), only us on the servers and guess what - imput lag city.So they were bullshiting us.

Best way for them to test the online is with a open online demo....tho i don''t think they trust their product that much (neither Atlus or Playmore) if they did they would do it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:38:46 PM by KBlackNoah »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2011, 10:22:44 PM »
Best way for them to test the online is with a open online demo....tho i don''t think they trust their product that much (neither Atlus or Playmore) if they did they would do it.

Well I can understand them in that regard, but if they label the demo as a BETA Testing, then people will not think the Demo is a representative of the full game. A Demo can kill or do a game, but if they do it as a Beta Test as I previously said, I think they would do fine.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2011, 10:30:10 PM »
My questions for Atlus :

1. Which company approached which when KOF13 needed a publisher for it's console port? Did Atlus go to SNKP or did SNKP go to Atlus?

2. Does Atlus plan on having any special edition packaging of the game on release?

3. Has digital distribution been considered as an option for KOF13? If not, will it be reconsidered after the disc release of the game like a lot of companies do in this age of gaming?

4. With the much anticipated released of KOF13 onto consoles and the huge admiration the fanbase has shown towards the company for this decision, will Atlus be publishing anymore big name titles in the future?

5. The game is scheduled to be released on consoles in October, will this be for all regions or will some players have to wait an extended period before they see the game in their area?

6. Considering how big of a fanbase the KOF series has in places like Latin America, how fast will Atlus be working to get the game out to those countries?

7. Could Atlus give us any hints if SNK Playmore are at work developing any updates or added content to the game? If they are, could it be possible that the arcade version of the game will see these before the console port of the game?

8. What are the possibilities that Atlus may pick up and publish such games like The King of Fighters XI, The Last Blade 2 and even non fighting games like the Sengoku series and distribute them via services like the PSN store and Xbox Live Arcade?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:33:48 PM by Cibernetico »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
Well I can understand them in that regard, but if they label the demo as a BETA Testing, then people will not think the Demo is a representative of the full game. A Demo can kill or do a game, but if they do it as a Beta Test as I previously said, I think they would do fine.

The demo would be only for testing/improving the online.About the game... everybody knows how it looks like - they will not modify anything..maybe add new characters or stages + ad online.It wouldn't be so hard for them to publish a demo with online play since they already have the game finished (they only port it to console with hopefully some extra stuff). Beta as in beta netcode, you can't say beta to a game that's already been finished (the mechanics and graphics remain the same for the console port).
Hell i even think that the port is already complete...they just wait for the holiday season to have good sales.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:53:50 PM by KBlackNoah »

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2011, 04:00:14 AM »
The demo would be only for testing/improving the online.About the game... everybody knows how it looks like - they will not modify anything..maybe add new characters or stages + ad online.It wouldn't be so hard for them to publish a demo with online play since they already have the game finished (they only port it to console with hopefully some extra stuff). Beta as in beta netcode, you can't say beta to a game that's already been finished (the mechanics and graphics remain the same for the console port).
Hell i even think that the port is already complete...they just wait for the holiday season to have good sales.

You wouldn't happen to know WilliamEVA, would you?

On topic: Online Training Mode would be a pretty nice feature, to teach new players about the game.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2011, 02:11:37 PM »
You wouldn't happen to know WilliamEVA, would you?

If that is a joke...i don't get it...
Sorry for the offtopic

thec0re3

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Fighting Games Online
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »

3:
rebalancing of some characters, mostly nerfing the top 4 (k, raiden, kula & elizabeth), and buffing the bottom 4 (terry, goro, clark & mai).

share your thoughts and let atlus and snkp know what the community needs (and wants). maybe somebody can make a poll with more options to select from. all up to the thread maker. 

From what I've learned about rebalancing, its never a good idea to nerf characters. When you do, people stop using them. Its better to buff characters then to nerf characters.  The biggest question I have is will they nerf the silly drop kick raiden does that does waaaay to much damage on contact and can create almost 85% damage in one combo!!!

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2011, 04:02:07 PM »
Actually, it's fairly good to nerf characters depending on the situation. Buff the lower ones, and nerf K' and Raiden a bit. :3
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »
From what I've learned about rebalancing, its never a good idea to nerf characters. When you do, people stop using them. Its better to buff characters then to nerf characters.  The biggest question I have is will they nerf the silly drop kick raiden does that does waaaay to much damage on contact and can create almost 85% damage in one combo!!!

Normally I'd agree with you, but in XIII everyone is already really strong. Nerfing would be much easier, and would be less likely to screw up the game balance further.

(Maaaaybe I'd give Goro back the auto-guard on his hcf throws, but that's the only buff I'd want to see.)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2011, 05:51:49 PM »
man theres moves i wanna see them add to mai and terry. mai with an air kachosen and the forward B command move (i can live witout the slide), also her air moves and her best move that she only had in kof, her dp from 95 to 98.

terrys got soo much shit they can add, the firekick slide move from rb2 and kof 98 other terry, powerdunk. shit this would be enough for me personally. even motw style power charge, air burning knuckle. i dont know why snkp fucked up and gave us 94 terry back again but with extra supers.

also that auto guard on goros  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd is a great idea imo. if thats a good idea i wouldnt mind seeing clarks dp+K move back, heeey.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »
man theres moves i wanna see them add to mai and terry. mai with an air kachosen and the forward B command move (i can live witout the slide), also her air moves and her best move that she only had in kof, her dp from 95 to 98.
Her fire column from RB could the perfect move to add to this Mai, since they said they wanted to go into more FF/RB style for Mai. A good anti-air and perfect to combo (like it was in MI2).  Her DM with multiples kachosens would be a great addition too, I still don't understand why she doesn't have this DM. Better scaling damage for her regular DM and NM. Slide df+B. And her Musasabi with less vertical angle (more diagonal), so she can connect it after a Hisatsu (hcf+K) in mid-screen without need of her EX, and so she can impact if she's jumping back from the enemy.

This is what I would like to see for Mai in this KOF, but I know I won't see it..

Sorry for the off-topic.. I know is not the place :P
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 10:11:00 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2011, 11:11:26 PM »
One last thing.Are you gonna release this for the PlayStation Vita also?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2011, 12:38:23 AM »
I just got word that we should have answers to the submitted questions in early July.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2011, 12:44:59 AM »
I just got word that we should have answers to the submitted questions in early July.

That is great, but the wait will be painful. lol

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2011, 12:46:31 AM »
Great to hear, Nilcam. Should this thread be closed then, until answers are recieved?