NeoGeo Battle Coliseum/Moriya Minakata
- 5A: Cancelable
- 5B: Low kick, one of his OTG's, cancelable
- 5C: A 2 hits upper slash, both hits are cancelable, the second hit sends the opponent to air
- 5D: A knee strike, cancelable
- 5A: A fast upper slash, can be used as a anti air, maybe most reliable than his DP.
- 5B: Useful mid poke, good range, cancelable.
- 5C: A far slash, great range, not cancelable
- 5D: Same animation than 5B, not cancelable.
- 2A: Hits low, cancelable.
- 2B: Your main combo starter, self cancelable, hits low.
- 2C: A Anti air button, a bit slow, cancelable.
- 2D: Sweep, cancelable.
- jA: Has a good reach, a good tool to air to air.
- jB: Crossup, fast, instant overhead, maybe the best Moriya air button.
- jC: Moriya swing his sword, great jump in.
- jD: A jumping kick, can be used as a anti air with jump back.
Blowback Attack Pressing the E button while blocking will allow Moriya to do counter with far 5C, and he will then tag out.
Summer Rain: b/f + CD
- Can be broken, Moriya Airlines™ sends the opponent to Australia.
Glancing Blade Drought: 3A/df.A
- Cancelable overhead
Glancing Blade Eclipse: 3A/df.A when opponent is down
- Another Moriya's OTG, when this move is used, allows Moriya to use another otg (3A or 5B)
Glancing Blade Moonlight: qcf + A/C - 236 A/C
- Moriya's rekka, A version is a 3 hits combo, C version stars slower, but travels further ahead and hits one extra time C version can combo into 4 hits. The second hit is Super Cancelable. The first, second and third hits can be cancelled into Glancing Blade New Moon (dp A).
Glancing Blade New Moon: DP + A - 623 A
- Upward slash, grounded anti-air.
Glancing Blade Double Moon: During New Moon, 623 C
- Follow up to Glancing Blade New Moon.
Glancing Blade Reverse Moon: DP + C - 623 C
- The strong version of his DP, can be used as a tricky crossup after a knockdown or a deep tactical step.
Sash Blade Moonwalk: RDP + A/B/C - 421 A/B/C
- Teleportation A version puts Moriya in the same place, B version puts Moriya in a little foward, C version puts Moriya behind the opponent Pressing A, B, or C during the teleport puts Moriya into the Glancing Blade Haze stance for a long distance strike.
Glancing Blade Haze: qcb + A/B/C - 214 A/B/C
- An extended slash, A version hits high, B version hits mid and C version hits low, you can cancel Haze with D.
Drown Sword Standby: Hold respective button during Glancing Haze.
- Extend Glancing Haze stance.
Life and Death Moonlight Flash: 2x QCB + A/C - 2x 214 A/C
- Moriya does multiple slashes, costs 1 meter
Life and Death Wild Seasons: QCF,HCB + A/C - 236,63214 A/C
- Rushing attack, costs 2 meters
Moriya is a solid rushdown/mixup character, he has a good pressure with his decent pokes (5B, 5D, 2D, far 5B/5D), his rekkas and some tricks with his C DPs and Teleports.
- He can start the combos from a low (cr. B) So, usually, combos with Moriya are started off with cr.bx2 to rekkas.
OTGs: Close 5B and 3C
- 3C strikes the ground and can be done two times. It is done after a throw in the corner. Out of the corner use st.b as his OTG.
Some Moriya stuff:
- After a knock down, Moriya can do DP + C for a unexpected crossup.
- After 2C as AA, juggle with A version Rekkas. The last hit (Overhead) will connect. Its the best meterless option for a AA Combo. With meter, you can use 2C x 214214 A/B. Maybe you can use the ranbu super, i don't' know, i hate NGBC training mode.
- The Last Blade characters have parries. Learn how to use this. Low Parry is (4B+D) and High Parry is (6B+D)
Usually, Moriya combos starts with the same way.
- (jX)2Bx3 > 236 Ax3
Your main Bnb
- (jX)2A > 236 Ax3
When 2B will not reach, use 2A and do 236A fast to bypass the rekka second hit to overhead.
- (jX)cl.5C(1 hit)/cl.5D > 236 Ax3
Close bnb, mad damage, usually, your GCFS main punisher
- 2Bx3 > 236 Ax2 > 2x214 A/C
Bnb into super, good damage
- cl.5C(1 hit)/cl.5D > Tactical Step > 2Bx2 > 236Ax3
- cl.5D > AC > cl.5D > AC > 2Bx2 > 236 Ax3
Just to style
- 2Bx3 > 236 Ax2 > 236,63214 A/B
- 5D > 236 Ax2 > 236,63214 A/B
(more to be updated)