The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Benimaru Nikaido
cr.Bx1~2, qcf+D > d,u+B = 24%
(jump-in), cl.D, qcb+A = 21%
cr.Bx1~2, qcfx2+A = 28%
(jump-in), cl.D, qcfx2+A = 30%
cr.Bx1~2, qcf+D > d,u+B(1) (SC) qcbx2+K = 41%
(jump-in), cl.D, qcb+C(3~4) (SC) qcbx2+K = 44%
cr.Bx1~2, qcfx2+AC = 40%
(jump-in), cl.D, qcfx2+AC = 42%
- cl. A/B/C/D are cancel-able.
- Close B has a rather far activation range.
- Close C and D has far pushback on block, and is cancel-able on block as well.
- Stand A/B/C whiffs on crouching opponents.
- Stand A is jab that has short horizontal range, but is neutral on block.
- Stand B is a great poke for stopping incoming hops.
- Stand C can be used together with stand B for stopping hop attacks but it's a bit slower. The ranges are almost the same distance.
- Stand D is a good poke for mid to close range distances and has brief lower body invincibility. It has a farther distance than stand B and it moves Benimaru forward a bit.
- cr. A/B/C/D are cancel-able on hit and hit.
- cr. B/D are low attacks while cr.A/C are high attacks.
- cr. B is a good low poke to use at close range and good to start combos.
- cr. B can only be blocked low.
- cr. D is a good sweep that has good range, which is a bit less than stand B, but more than cr.B.
- j. B & j. C are jump cancel-able
- j. A is a quick jab which can be used air-to-ground, or to jump away ground-to-air
- j. B is a knee that can cross-up on opponents with higher crouching heights and can be used air-to-ground or close ranged air-to-air
- j. C can be used ground-to-air and is cancel-able to his j.down + D
- j. D is a great cross-up and can be used air-to-air, and to start combos from air-to-ground
- st. CD is a short ranged sobat roundhouse that is cancel-able
- j.CD is a jumping dropkick that can be used for attacking ground-to-air
Catch and Shoot: (b/f + C) close
- Benimaru grabs the opponent then kicks them in the mid-section. The opponent lands at corner of the screen
- Soft knockdown
Front Suplex: (b/f + D) close
- Benimaru grabs the opponent then suplexes them on the other side. The opponent lands half screen distance away
- Hard knockdown
Okizeme/Wake-up Advice: Can be used to cross-up with j. D, or empty jump into command throw, or cr. B, etc. Experiment with different moves and approaches!
Spinning Knee Drop: in the air and close, (b/f/down + C)
- Benimaru grabs the opponent mid-air, then slams them down with a knee press
- Hard knockdown
Jacknife Kick: f + B
- A stand-alone special & super cancel-able soccer kick
- Unsafe if blocked
Flying Drill: in air, down + D
- Benimaru's twirling downward diagonally angled dive kick
- Possible to rack up to 5 hits if placed at the right height or distance
- Can be performed from a hop or jump
- Neutral on block with a decent amount of push-back
Raijinken: (qcf + A/C)
- A version hits horizontally and only standing and crouching opponents which does 3 hits. Can be comboed from hard attacks. Pushes the opponent back on block, but it doesn't push Benimaru back, so he can be punished if he performs this on a cornered enemy. The lightening ball can actually miss if he his TOO close to the opponent, which he will be open to punishment.
- C version hits diagonally for 3 hits and whiffs on standing and crouching opponents. It doesn't have any invincibility at the start, so it can't be used as an reversal. It's start up is decent, and covers a fair amount of area, so it can be used as a pre-emptive anti-air against those jumping in from a far distance, or to even catch enemies trying to jump out of corners to escape.
Kuuchuu Raijinken in air, (qcf + A/C)
- Can only be performed while doing a regular jump or a superjump. Performs 3 hits, and Benimaru pauses briefly in the air while activated. The hits do not knockdown, and are safe on block.
Shinkuu Katete Koma - (qcb + A/C)
- Benimaru spins on one hand to deliver low height horizontal spin kicks that lock the opponent in for the first few hits then knock them towards the corner
- A version (light punch) does 3 hits and knocks the opponent 3/4 screen distance toward the corner. Can super cancelled on the 2nd hit.
- C version (heavy punch) does 5 hits and knocks the opponent to the corner. Can be super cancelled on the 2nd to 5th hit.
- Cannot be used to evade projectiles
- Soft knockdown
Super Inazuma Kick - dp + B/D
- This is Benimaru's 'dragon punch' motion flash kick special move. Good for anti-airing jumping opponents, quick punishes and ending combos. Obviously very unsafe if blocked or whiffed up close.
- B version (light kick) has a bit of horizontal range and short vertical range. No invincibility frames. Has a decent amount of push back if blocked, and Benimaru lands a character space away during recovery.
- D version (heavy kick) has more vertical range but a much more skinnier horizontal hit box. It does have faster start-up frames than the B version (with invincibility) which makes it more useful as an anti-air and reversal option. Try not to whiff this or have the opponent block it; it's very easy to punish.
Iai-geri - qcf + B/D
- Benimaru performs a very fast snap forward kick aimed at the opponents mid-section. Good for quick close range punishes but it's range isn't as good as dp+B though. Both versions have the same amount of start-up frames but the heavy kick (D) version has more damage. Both kick versions have negative frames on block but Benimaru is pushed back a great distance away from the opponent making it very hard to punish.
- Handou Sandan Geri - (after Iai-geri) (d,u + B/D)
- This is a two hit follow up after his Iai-geri. The first hit has the animation of his stand D (heavy kick) and the 2nd hit has the animation of his Super Inazuma Kick. This follow adds around 8% percent damage after the Iai-geri kick. This follow-up is best used as a combo finisher if the Iai-geri fully connects at a very close range but it might whiff if the kick is hit too far. This follow up can be performed if the Iai-geri doesn't hit or connect which is very unsafe and dangerous.
- Super cancel-able on the 2nd hit
- Soft knockdown
Benimaru Collider - close, hcb, f + A/C
- Benimuaru grabs the opponents head, then electrocutes them. The opponent falls close to Benimaru's feet. Benimaru recovers fast while the opponent is knocked down providing good opportunities for many different wake-up options/okizeme. This move can build a small amount of meter if whiffed. There isn't a difference in properties between the light and heavy punch versions.
- 1F command throw
- Hard knockdown
Combo Advice: Can be combo after close standing heavy attacks
- Benimaru Shoot (after Benimaru Collider) - (qcf + B/D)
- While the opponent is on the ground, Benimaru electric soccer kicks them almost half screen distance away causing a hard knockdown. Benimaru recovers quickly after the kick which provides him good okizeme options or space if needed.
- The qcf+K can be inputted rather early during the animation of the Benimaru Collider and doesn't involve any tight timing of any kind.
- Hard knockdown
Raikoken - qcf x 2 + A/C
- This is the super version of his Raijinken special move.
- Light punch (A) version hits forward, has a large hitbox, and is really hard to punish on block because of push back. Can be used to punish a GCCD after baiting it with a deep jump-in.
- Heavy punch (C) version is aimed diagonally above Benimaru's head, mainly for anti-air situations. It whiffs on crouching opponents
- Both versions are easy to combo into from standing heavy normals, while both versions don't have enough start-up to be used as a reaction anti-air
- Causes a soft knockdown
Gene'i Hurricane - qcb x 2 + B/D
- Benimaru releases lightening shadow versions of himself that rush towards the opponent full screen ranbu style delivering 6 hits
- Very brief start-up invincibility, unsafe if blocked
- Easy to combo into from standing heavy attacks, and best choice to use as a Super Cancel
- Hard knockdown
Super Desperation Move
Raikoken: qcf x 2 + AC
- A much more stronger, faster and useful version of the Raikoken DM. Higher damage and faster start-up (with a small amount of invincibility) which can be used for anti-air purposes and quick, close ranged punches. Can be used to punish a GCCD after baiting it with a deep jump-in.
- Much less safe on blocked than the DM version at a very close range, and has bad recovery if whiffed.
- Can combo easily from standing heavy attacks, and from his standing light punch.
- Soft knockdown
Raijinten Raijinten - f, db, df, b, f + A or B or C or D
- According to which button is pressed, a lightening ball is formed and is attached to a certain section of Benimaru's body. The lightening ball lasts around 5 real-time seconds (the game speed is slowed down slightly) and causes extra damage if the ball hits the opponent.
- A button: Ball is attached in front of Benimaru's head
- B button: Ball is attached in front of Benimaru's front foot
- C button: Ball is attached behind Benimaru's head
- D button: Ball is attached behind Benimaru's back foot
★ cr.Bx2~3, st.B
- Safe string to poke the opponent and create space. st.B whiffs against standing (Choi, Bao) and everyone crouching except for Daimon, Maxima, Chang, Seth, Whip, Xiangfei. cl.B doesn't whiff on anyone but you need to be point blank and do a very fast chain to get it.
★ cr.Bx1~2, dp+K / qcf+D > d,u+B
- On hit, qcf+D > d,u+B is better but you can use dp+D if you think you're too far. On block, qcf+D and dp+B are fairly safe. If you add a non cross-up jump-in, remove a cr.B or d,u+B will whiff. Stick to 1 cr.B against crouching Bao.
- (j.X,) cr.Bx3, qcf+D / dp+K
- On hit, dp+D gives you a knockdown for the same damage as qcf+D. On block, stop at cr.B or stick to dp+B.
★ (j.X,) cl.D, qcb+A / qcf+D / hcb,f+P > qcf+K
- On hit, hcb,f+P > qcf+K does the most damage and can setup a safejump while qcb+A does a bit less but converts into super. qcf+D is best on block.
- (j.X,) cl.D / cr.Bx1~3, qcfx2+A
- A simple way to do this is to input the last cr.B as qcf,d+B then do qcf+A to trigger DM.
You can always replace qcb+C(3~4), (SC) qcbx2+K by qcb+P(3) (SC), qcfx2+A for a slightly less damaging but perhaps easier ender.
★ (j.X,) cl.D, qcb+C(3~4) (SC), qcbx2+K
- This is your standard 2 bar combo from a jump-in or cl.D. You need a deep/cross-up jump-in to cancel qcb+C(4) and reach in time.
★ cr.Bx1~2, qcf+D > d,u+B(1) (SC) qcbx2+K
- You can input it as qcf+D > qcb,u+B(1) (SC) qcb+K. Remove a cr.B if you wanna add a non cross-up jump-in. If you can do it this is your best low route for 2 bar.
★ cr.Bx1~3, BC, cr.C, qcbx2+K
- A bit easier and more range but less damaging. If the combo above is giving you trouble, default to this one for lows.
- cr.B, BC, cr.C, qcb+P(3) (SC), qcfx2+A
- Much easier low conversion but only point-blank and no room for hitconfirm to avoid activating on block outside of punishes. If you can, use one of the previous two instead.
- (j.X,) cl.D, BC run, cr.B, qcf+D > d,u+B(1), (C) qcb+C(3~4), (SC) qcbx2+K
- Max mode combo, the standard non-max 2 bar combo is preferred as it's easier and does more damage. You can add another cr.B near the corner against everyone but Shermie, crouching (Vanessa, May Lee) and these inconsistent characters.
- (j.X,) cl.D, BC run, cr.B, qcf+D > d,u+B(1), (C) qcb+P(3), (C) qcf+D > d,u+B(1), (C) qcb+C(3~4), (SC) qcbx2+K
- Max damage 2 bar combo with a pretty tight max run but it doesn't work on Shermie, crouching (Vanessa, May Lee) and these inconsistent characters.
- (j.X,) cl.D, BC run, cl.D, qcf+D > d,u+B(1), (C) qcb+C(3~4), (SC) qcbx2+K
- Hard max run on this one. You can do it midscreen but it's even harder.
- (j.X,) cl.D / cr.Bx1~3, qcfx2+AC
- A simple way to do this is to input the last cr.B as qcf,d+B then do qcf+AC to trigger DM.
- (j.X,) cl.D, BC run, cr.Bx1~2, qcf+D > d,u+B(1), (C) qcb+C(3), (SC) qcfx2+AC
- 3 bar max mode combo, does about 9-10% more than the non-max 2 bar super cancel, so it's there if you need the extra damage. If you do 2 cr.B's, d,u+B whiffs on Shermie, crouching (Vanessa, May Lee) and these inconsistent characters.
- Replace qcb+C(3~4), (SC) qcbx2+K by qcb+P(3), (SC) qcfx2+AC in any other 2 stocks max combos
- (j.X,) cl.D, qcb+P(3) (SC), qcfx2+AC
- cr.Bx1~2, qcf+D > d,u+B(1) (SC) qcfx2+AC
- You can input it as qcf+D > qcf,u+B(1) (SC) qcf+AC. Remove a cr.B if you wanna add a non cross-up jump-in. Stick to 1 cr.B on crouching Bao.
Discuss at 02UM Discord server
Discuss at Dream Cancel