Billy Kane (2k2UM)
- cl. A/B/C/D are cancel-able.
- cl. B hits mid, but looks low. It can be blocked by blocking either high or low.
- cl. C is a good punisher that can be used to cancel into f + A, or a Desperation Move.
- cl. D is a high kick that can be canceled, but isn't always suggested over cl. C.
- Stand A is cancel-able/whiff cancel-able.
- Stand B is a standing reverse roundhouse that comes out pretty quick. It's good to use in block strings for pressure, as it keeps Billy relatively safe.
- Stand C has tons of range, and is a good move to use for zoning at times. It can be used sometimes as an anti-air move depending on the distance of the opponent and the whether the attack can be beat with standing C. This move is one of many options to use after a counter wire hit f + B if unable to combo with anything else.
- Stand D deceiving looks like his dp + B/D move, except Billy stays in place and doesn't shoot up to the air. If close enough, this move can hit twice.
- cr. A/B/C are cancel-able/whiff cancel-able, but for cr. A the timing is not as fast as the other moves.
- cr. A is a great poke, as the hitbox is rather out there in terms of distance. If the opponent is close enough, the move completely whiffs, but this depends on the character and their hitbox.
- cr. B is chain-able.
- cr. B can only be blocked low.
- cr. C is an ok anti-air depending on the character you're facing. For the most part, this move can help Billy beat opponents with higher priority normals like Heidern's cr. C. This can also be used in a blocked string. This move does a good amount of guard damage.
- cr. D hits attacks twice, but will not combo. Both hits knock down, and will not allow for any further combo potential.
- j. A has priority over a bunch of normal attacks. When facing characters with high priority normals, this move can help beat the competition at times.
- j. B is an ok jump attack that beats out some moves, but not as well as j. C. This move does not cross over.
- j. C is a great range tool to use when retreating, or just punishing with ranged attacks. This is the best option for safe jump ins also.
- j. D can be used as a cross up, but to combo with it afterwards takes time to learn, as Billy attacks from a weird angle.
- All jumping attacks allow for a safe jump(really hop) in, but the best one that has range is j. C.
- Billy Kane swings his cane counter clock-wise. His j. CD attack is rather the same, except the angle of the cane is slightly lower, and he swings it the opposite direction. The use of this with a short hop can allow for good pressure, and can possibly lead to a corner trap, as the move sends the opponent flying.
Jigoku Otoshi - b/f + C
- Can be broken, regular knockdown.
Ippon Zuri Nage - b/f + D
- Can be broken. This throw should be considered a long range throw, as it puts the opponent far enough to safely poke.
Dai Kaiten Geri - f + A
- Billy does a short jumping spinning pole attack to a reverse aerial roundhouse kick. This move not only hits twice, but can easily be used in a small combo or blocked string.
Boutaka Tobigeri: f + B
- Billy does a pole vault, shooting himself forward while doing a flying kick. This move doesn't naturally combo, but if it is a counter hit, it will produce a counter wire, which will allow Billy to combo using several different moves. This move does a good amount of guard damage.
San Setsu Kon Chu Dan Uchi - hcf + A/C
- Billy thrusts his cane straight towards the opponent. The cane stretches and hits the opponent.
Kaen - Sansetsu Kon Chuudan Uchi(hcf + A/C) ~ qcf + A/C
- If the hcf + P connects and this move is done right after, the end of the cane hits again, causing the opponent to explode. This does not happen if the first move is blocked.
Kyoushuu Hishou Kon - dp + B/D
- Billy does a pole vault that shoots him straight up in the air and off screen. He then comes landing down further than where he started. This is a good move to use in combos, and depending on where the opponent is, this move can be followed with either a Desperation Move, or a Super Desperation Move. The button strength determines the distance traveled. This move also does a considerable amount of both guard and chip damage.
Senpuu Kon - A repeatedly
- Billy spins his cane around like the Color Guard at a football game. This move can combo depending on the conditions of the character, but its not recommended. Hitting the opponent from behind allows for more hits. It can stop both ground and air projectiles. Billy can't nullify super projectiles with this move however.
Karyuu Tsuigeki Kon - qcb + B
- One of Billy's counters. (More to be updated).
Suiryuu Tsuigeki Kon - qcb + D
- Billy's second counter. This move can be canceled into a Super Desperation Move. (More to be updated).
Suzume Otoshi: qcb + A
- Billy throws his cane in an diagonal up-forward direction. This move is vital, as it can not only be used as an anti-air, but after doing a dp + B/D, Billy can immediately follow up with this move instantly upon landing. This will not work in the corner, however.
Kumo Suzume Otoshi - qcb + C
- Billy throws his stick just like his Suzume Otoshi move, but this time there's an explosion at the end. The hitbox is rather strange with this move, and it also has a slightly slow start up time. This cannot be used to follow up after doing dp + B/D.
Chou Kaen Senpuu Kon - qcf, hcb + A/C
- Billy Kane spins his cane just like his Senpuu Kon (A rapidly), but it produces a ring of fire that spins for sveral hits. After those several hits, he then throws the ring forward. The ring disappears shortly after, as it doesn't travel that far (it stops at about sweeping distance). This move is great to use in both combos, and when baiting an opponent to tech roll forward.
Dai Senpuu: qcf x2 + A/C
- Billy jumps in the air and slams his cane (which looks like it multiplied) several times to the ground. Somewhat good anti-air to use, but only if the opponent is too far to use anything else (which won't be the case), and there's more than one stock. This move also works as an overhead.
Guren Ayame Kon - qcf x 2 + B/D
- Billy does a Shoryuken like move, while spinning his cane upward in the air. The cane has the ring of fire surrounding it as well. This is a great move to combo with in the corner.
Super Desperation Moves
Dai Senpuu: qcf x 2 + AC
- This SDM is the same has the regular DM, but does more damage and more hits.
Liar Elemental - qcb, hcf + BD
- This is a counter super. Billy throws his cane away towards the opponent. If the opponent hits him at any point during this move, Billy then retaliates and does a ranbu combo. If Billy isn't hit, then he shakes his fist. Use this move sparingly.
- Billy can almost be compared to Dhalsim in terms of range. Billy is obviously a faster moving/attacking character and although he is without a real projectile, he makes up for it in many other areas. For starters, his normals are some of the best in the game just because of range. This allows the player to do safe jump-ins, punish certain character's moves that others can't, and safely poke/rushdown. It is very important to know what each normal does, as they all have a purpose at some point in a match. Jumping A, and crouching C are the highest priority normals in his arsenal, which is good to use against certain characters with high priority normals. Crouching A is also a really good move, and in some cases, that could be the move that hits your fireball spam/run-away opponent for that small amount of life needed to win the match. When used in blocked strings, it can push Billy far enough to avoid retaliation with the exception of a few characters with extremely fast moves. Crouching B is his best close low poke, as it comes out fast, and can be hit confirmed for a dp + B/D and a followup move to finish the combo. Standing C when used at a mid range can be a deadly move. When telegraphing a jump attack with this move, it can sometimes stop the aerial assault. It works best with short hop attacks. When there are no moves avaiable to punish from a distance, standing C (both far and close versions) can save the day. When f + B is a counter wire hit, and Billy is too close for a qcb + A, close standing C can connect making the opponent unable to tech roll, and you can cancel it with a f + A which keeps you close and on the ground before the opponent to do a throw setup, bait for a counter, or you can simply do a close standing C and safely poke with hcf + A/C ~ qcf + A/C or crouching A. Know that just as some moves with long hitboxes work for Billy, they can also work against him. Characters with strong dp moves can stuff Billy's long range rushdown/poke tactics on wakeup, or just by telegraphing the poke, so keep an eye out for that. Billy's crouching D can be used in a somewhat tricky way. If Billy happens to knockdown an opponent and is close enough, he can start crouching D to whiff the first hit, and if the opponent tech rolls or just simply gets up, the second hit could trip if the opponent is not careful.
- Learning Billy's specials and how they work are key in winning the match. Granted, not all of the moves will be used in some matches, but against a powerful opponent, one will be required to use certain moves only in certain situations. Billy doesn't really have many spammable moves, per sé. Some players might attempt to overwhelm with dp + B/D attacks, but that can be easily punished by blocking the hits going up, and the run to the other side before Billy makes a descent to the other side. At that point any combo can be done for massive damage, or the win. That move can be used at times as a pressure tool, but I only find success with it in the corner and if the move guard breaks while Billy goes up, so the other hits will be free. Speaking of dp + B/D, keep in mind that when poking with crouching B, one can always use that as hit confirm for a dp + B followup. If the standard crouching B, crouching B, dp + B doesn't come out all the time, doing a close standing B instead of a second crouching B can allow the player to cancel that into dp + B. Remember that anytime all hits of dp + B/D connect, there's room for a follow up move as soon as Billy lands, and depending on the distance between Billy and the opponent, the follow up can vary. Always remember what specials/DMs/SDMs/HSDMs can be done at what range. It is very important to grasp this concept or range, as that's what Billy's good at. Fireball spammers can be intimidated with Billy's A rapidly move. It stops both ground and air projectiles, and can recover at a good speed. His counter special moves should be used sparringly, so the opponent doesn't expect it too often. Mix it up with block strings and strings with a counter.
- Remember the many options Billy has when poking and rushing down. Just because an opponent can stop a few moves, doesn't mean its the end of the match. Billy is a constantly changing character, primarily because his moves work better at certain ranges, so one can't always rely on one particular move all of the time. Even if all there is to do is crouching B pokes, that can still help work towards the win. Sometimes, doing a simple back dash can also open up several options depending on what the opponent does.
- Block strings to use are:
- crouching B, crouching B, crouching A
- crouching B, standing B, crouching A
- crouching B, crouching C (the timing is strict)
- crouching A, short hop up or up-back C
- crouching B, crouching B, dp + B, qcb + A
- (in the corner) crouching B, standing B, dp + B, qcf, hcb + A/C or qcf x2 + B/D
- crouching B, crouching B or standing A, f + A
- counter hit f + B, qcb + A or qcf x2 + B/D
Changes from OG2k2
- Billy gains 2 new moves from previous Real Bout Fatal Fury - qcb + A and qcb + C.
- f + B doesn't naturally combo anymore.
cl.A - 7F (-2F)
cl.B - 6F (+0F)
cl.C - 6F (-10F)
cl.D - 6F (-11F)
st.A - 9F (-6F)
st.B - 10F (-6F)
st.C - 12F (-7F)
st.D - 10F (-27F)
CD - 16F (-11F)
cr.A - 6F (-7F)
cr.B - 4F (+0F)
cr.C - 6F (-16F)
cr.D  -9F (-28F)
 - 24F (-13F)
Dai Kaiten Geri (f+A)  - 8F (-12F)
 - 21F (+1F)
Boutaka Tobigeri (f+B) - 21F (-11F～+0F)
strong attack>Karyuu Tsuigeki Kon (qcb+K) - (-16F)
Senpuu Kon ([P]) - 7F
Kyoushuu Hishou Kon (dp+B) - 8F
Kyoushuu Hishou Kon (dp+D) - 14F
San Setsu Kon Chu Dan Uchi (hcf+A) - 15F (-13F)
San Setsu Kon Chu Dan Uchi (hcf+C) - 21F (-13F)
Kaen (hcf+P, qcf+P) - (-12F)
Chou Kaen Senpuu Kon (qcf hcb+A) - 8F (-12F)→Guard
Chou Kaen Senpuu Kon (qcf hcb+C) - 12F (-20F)→Guard
Dai Senpuu (qcfx2+A) - 11F (-38F)→Guard
Dai Senpuu (qcfx2+C) - 13F(-45F)→Guard
Dai Senpuu (qcfx2+AC) - 11F (-53F)→Guard
Liar Elemental (qcb hcf+BD) - 6F
Billy KOF 2002 Mook
Discuss at Dream Cancel
|King of Fighters 2K2UM|
| Nameless · |
Kyo Kusanagi · Benimaru Nikaido · Goro Daimon · Iori Yagami · Mature · Vice · Terry Bogard · Andy Bogard · Joe Higashi
Ryo Sakazaki · Robert Garcia · Yuri Sakazaki · Athena Asamiya · Sie Kensou · Bao · Vanessa · Seth · Ramon · Leona Heidern · Ralf Jones
Clark Still · Yashiro Nanakase · Chris · Shermie · Orochi Yashiro · Orochi Shermie · Orochi Chris · K' · Maxima · Whip · Angel · Kula Diamond · Foxy · Kim Kaphwan · Chang Koehan · Choi Bounge · Jhun Hoon · Lin · Shingo Yabuki · Ryuji Yamazaki · Blue Mary · Billy Kane · Heidern · Takuma Sakazaki · Chin Gentsai · Li Xiangfei · Hinako Shijou · May Lee · King · Mai Shiranui · Kasmui Todoh ·
Kusanagi · Kyo - 1 · Kyo - 2