Robert Garcia (2k2UM)
- cl. A/B/C/D are cancel-able.
- cl.A whiffs on crouching opponents
- Close B hits low.
- Close C/D are great combo starters from mid hitting attacks.
- Close D does two hits, only the first hit is cancel-able
- Close D has a huge activation range (and better reach than far C)
- Stand B is whiff/cancel-able.
- Stand D is a good mid ranged poke.
- cr. A/B/D are cancel-able/whiff cancel-able.
- Crouch A/B can chain into other lights.
- Crouch C is a good anti-air attack, links into most of him command normals, special attacks, DM's with ease.
- Crouch D sweeps the opponent to the ground, whiff cancel-able before the initial hit.
- j.A/B/C/D all cross-up.
- Jump C and D are cancel-able.
- Jump C can be used as a meaty jump-in.
- Jump A/B/C are all instant overheads.
- CD has great range and can be a good poke if spaced, cancel-able/whiff cancel-able.
- JCD is easily his best air-to-air move as it stretches far and comes out really fast during a hyper hops.
Kick of the Dragon - (b/f+C)
- Robert grabs the opponent then does a back flip kicking them in the face.
- Can be broken.
- Regular Knockdown.
Decapitating Drop - (b/f+D)
- Robert grabs them by the collar of their shirt then swings them over shoulder and onto the ground.
- Can be broken.
- Reverse Knockdown
Dragon-felling Kick - (f+A)
- Robert leaps forward to kick the opponent in the face. Good to use for high/low mixup opportunities. On hit this move links into light attacks or dp+A. On block it's +1~2, but slightly negative if canceled into. Late canceling from both low attacks works well.
- Cancel-able only if you cancel into it first
- Overhead Attack
- Combo Advice:Whenever you get into a situation where you did a strong close normal then his f+A always immediately link his Flying Dragon Kick to finish the combo up, the recovery isn't really something you want to sit through.
Back Knuckle - (b+A)
- Robert turns to hit the opponent in the face with the back of his left hand.
- Robert's arm itself is completely invincible during this move. The preferred follow up is fbf+K, as it deals more damage than his qcfx2K DM.
- Whiffs on crouching opponents
- Combo Advice:If you land his b+A you can use his Ryuuga afterward, Great Spirit Kick is good too, Reverse Dragon Fang DM is the best possible follow-up since it nets you the most damage, stand/crouch normals resets work as well.
Soaring Dragon Kick - (b/f+B)
- Robert swings left leg forward to hit the opponent in the face. Unlike his other two command normals this one actually cancels from strong normals and keep Robert on the ground for more proficient combo enders, everything from special attacks to DM's work after this move. The hit-box also stretches a good distances and in some instances can be used to safely poke your way into a combo.
- If you were to anti-air the opponent with this move you can juggle by canceling into qcf+P or dp+P.
- Combo Advice:When combo'd from a strong C/D you can link either his strong or Max ranbu DM, off of a regular hit you can use Ryuuga, Kyoku Gen Kick Dance then go from there.
Dragon Blast Punch - (qcf+A/C)
- Robert moves his arm back then propels a fire ball at the opponent, very simple zoning tool. While it doesn't seem like much it compliments Robert's play-style fairly well. It's not gonna help much in a fireball war against characters like Athena, Kensou, or even K' but it still gives him that extra extra edge when he's on the other side of the screen. Both versions has the same amount of start-up (19F) but the speeds in which they travel are different, A version travels slowly while the strong version goes much faster and neither version knocks down.
- Slow to come out but quick to recover. At its worst it's neutral on block but used in blockstrings will leave you at plenty advantage. C version comes out at head level and can be low profiled under.
- Counteracts other projectiles
Ryuuga - (dp+A/C)
- Robert does a dragon punch uppercut. It can be used as an anti-air, to super cancel, or to finish a combo with style. The weak version (A) almost comes out immediately (4F) and does only one hit which can be super cancelled. The strong version only comes out one frame slower, but the attack makes the opponent go much higher into the air and does two hits hits instead of one.
- The heavy punch version has invincibility and combos into supers. The light punch (A) version is faster, and hits twice on counter-hit for some good damage (but not when used as an anti air).
- Super Cancel-able
Super Cancel Advice: If you ever have the meter to super cancel the most reliable options you have are any version of Ryuuko Ranbu or his Reverse Dragon Fang DM.
Flying Dragon Kick - (in air, qcb+B/D)
- Robert does a dive kick, not great as his other attacks but still useful. It can be used to beat a few attacks but this move is quite prone to get destroyed by a lot of characters jump CD's, fireballs, as well as a few other air attacks as well. This move can be easily punished as well if you mistime it because of it's rather long start-up and poor recovery on block. It's best used when spaced or if you combo into his jump C/D as they'll eat the attack if they try to punish you, and even cross-up shenanigans. The weak variant has a more vertical arc to it than the strong, learn the differences cause it will help you out.
- While difficult to space right, this move can not only be made safe, it can even give you advantage on block, as after a blocked cl.D, f+A, qcb+B combo in the corner.
- Juggles on Counter Hit
Combo Advice: If you ever land a counter hit low to the ground, Reverse Dragon Fang DM can connect as well as his Ryuuga.
Great Spirit Kick - (f, b, f+B/D)
- Robert sticks his leg and does a barrage of kicks, if the opponent attacks to jump-in or attack you in anyway (besides projectiles) they'll be sucked in and get hit 13 times. Very convenient move when used correctly, this move eats through just about anything, dp's/DM's/SDM's/etc. The start-up isn't really fast enough to make it combo friendly but it still works very well against opponents who like to jump a lot and stay in your face.
- Soft Knockdown
Combo Advice: If you even land his Kyokugen Kick Dance this is almost always the preferred combo ender.
Kyoku Gen Kick Dance - (hcf+B/D) close
- Robert does a quick variation of kicks doing 4 hits then knocking the opponent into the air. Works really well at catching the opponent off guard and can be comb'd from a good variation of his normals, after the last kick re-launches them you can follow-up to finish the combo up.
- Proximity Unblock-able
- Soft Knockdown
- Combo Advice: Reverse Dragon Kick DM, Ryuuga, and Great Spirit Kick work very well after this move.
Haoh Sho Koh Ken - (f, hcf+A/C)
- Roberts charges up to hurl a big energy sphere at his opponent, not really good special to be honest. This DM is very limited as it has a pretty long start-up and if you try combo into it you'll end missing them altogether or it will come out slow enough that they'll be able to guard/hh/roll past it.
Combo Advice: Use the A (light punch) version of it from his close D (1)...super canceling is a waste of time.
Ryuuko Ranbu - (qcf~hcb+A/C)
- Robert does a quick dash and if it connects he does a series of attacks that ends with an uppercut. The weak version has a much longer start-up and isn't liable to connect after much of anything if used. The strong variant works after either of his standing strong normals and can combo from his f+B command normal.
Combo Advice: Strong version combos from cl.C, cl.D, and cl.C~f+B
Reverse Dragon Fang - (qcfx2+B/D)
- Robert does a quick backhand then does a quick Ryuuga uppercut, this DM is good but it sucks distance wise. To get the most out of it it's suggested to be used in the corner then combo'd. This DM can also be used to catch opponents that are juggled out of the air, an example is if you counter hit the opponent in the air this can connect but you have to use it as fast as possible as the timing is strict.
- Comes out fast and can combo into from almost anything, but the damage is so small (less than fbf+K and just 4% more than dp+C) that it might not be worth it.
Combo Advice:j.CD (CH), b+A, (close) hcf+K, dp+C (SC), and late air qcb+K (CH)
Super Desperation Moves
Ryuuko Ranbu - qcf hcb+AC
- Robert does a quick dash and if it connects he does a series of attacks that ends with an uppercut. A great SDM with many many convenient uses, whether it be from a command normal or from a super cancel this SDM is likely to link. The start-up is a tiny bit slower than the strong version but it doesn't cripple Robert's combo options at all. Works after either of his standing strong normals and his combo'd f+B command normal.
Combo Advice: Strong version combos from cl.C, cl.D, and cl.C~f+B
Ryuko Ranbu: Absolute - qcf hcb+BD
- Roberts charges up then does a quick dash to do a series of attacks that ends with an Tiger uppercut. A great HSDM but it doesn't really have any combo options. The start-up is a little long but it's guaranteed to work if it connects as it's unblockable and does a good amount of damage when linked.
- cr.B×1~2, dp+P/qcfx2+K
- cr.B×1~2, dp+C, (SC) qcf hcb+C/AC
- cr.C/cl.D, f+B, qcf hcb+C/AC
- hcf+K (dash), f b f+K/f+B~dp+C
- (corner) cl.D, hcf+K, f+B,(BC) B+A, qcf hcb+BD
- (corner) cl.C/D/cr.C, f+A, cl/cr.B, dp+C, (SC) qcf hcb+C/AC
Discuss at Dream Cancel
Robert Master Class
|King of Fighters 2K2UM|
| Nameless · |
Kyo Kusanagi · Benimaru Nikaido · Goro Daimon · Iori Yagami · Mature · Vice · Terry Bogard · Andy Bogard · Joe Higashi
Ryo Sakazaki · Robert Garcia · Yuri Sakazaki · Athena Asamiya · Sie Kensou · Bao · Vanessa · Seth · Ramon · Leona Heidern · Ralf Jones
Clark Still · Yashiro Nanakase · Chris · Shermie · Orochi Yashiro · Orochi Shermie · Orochi Chris · K' · Maxima · Whip · Angel · Kula Diamond · Foxy · Kim Kaphwan · Chang Koehan · Choi Bounge · Jhun Hoon · Lin · Shingo Yabuki · Ryuji Yamazaki · Blue Mary · Billy Kane · Heidern · Takuma Sakazaki · Chin Gentsai · Li Xiangfei · Hinako Shijou · May Lee · King · Mai Shiranui · Kasmui Todoh ·
Kusanagi · Kyo - 1 · Kyo - 2