NeoGeo Battle Coliseum/King Lion (Shishioh)
- close A/B/C are cancel-able.
- close A/B/C can chain into any command normal, standing b/c, or a special move.
- standing C/D has a long reach.
- crouching A/B/C/D are cancel-able.
- crouching A chains into itself up to 2~3 times (depending on character), and can chain to crouching B.
- crouching D causes a tech-able knockdown.
- jumping C kinda works like Zangief's chest attack.
- jumping D has ridiculously high priority, able to stop high priority normals, DMs, and even some SDMs.
Blowback Attack Pressing the E button while blocking will allow Shishioh to do counter with a punch attack, and he will then tag out.
Body and Upper: b/f + CD
- Can be broken. Normal knockdown.
Upper: f + A
- Shishioh does an uppercut. It launches on hit. This move can also be used in chain combos and is cancel-able.
Chopping Right: f + C
- Shishioh does an overhead punch. This can also be used in chain combos, and is cancel-able.
Silent Storm: qcf + A/C
- Shishioh swings his sword out producing a swoosh-like projectile. Using A shoots out a swoosh that goes disappears simultaneously. Using C shoots out an upward moving swoosh that launches and can also be used as an anti-air move.
Beast Blow (a.k.a. Dynamite Punch): qcb + A/C
- This is Shishioh's move that's both loved by some and hated by others. Shishioh does a slide attack that if connects, turns into a grab and punch attack, with Shishioh saying the famous "Dynamite" quote. The button strength determines the distance that Shishioh slides. This is a strange move because it hits low and can stop opponents from jumping (under certain circumstances) so it can technically hit mid/high. This is the best ender for most of his combos.
Earth Chopper: dp + A/C
- Shishioh takes his Lion Sword to the air and slashes the ground. His A is the faster move, while C has a slight delay, but does slightly more damage. This move is an OTG move. Most times you can do a crouching C to dp + A and combo.
Nightmare: qcf + B/D
- This is Shishioh's counter move. He turns into a silhouette and darkens the background. If he is hit at any point in this animation, he counters with a punch combo that can be canceled into his super. This move does not counter lows, so he can be tripped out of it.
Hunter Killer: no command
- This is the CPU-only special for the CPU controlled Shishioh (which is referred to as Shin Shishioh).
King Straight: hcb,f + A/C
- Shishioh does a straight punch that emits a wave of energy from his fist. Button strength determines the distance that the wave travels. Using A is the shortest, as the wave stops a bit past his fist, whereas using C creates a wave that travels almost full screen. This is the only super that non-CPU Shishioh players have access to. It can be canceled from his counter move.
King Upper: no command
- This is the CPU-only super for the CPU controlled Shishioh (which is referred to as Shin Shishioh).
- Keep in mind that Shishioh is a playable boss character who has been toned down, thus missing both a special move and a DM, so do not waste time trying to find any hidden moves or specials. They aren't accessable unless you have a Game Shark for the PS2.
- Shishioh is somewhat a slow character, but with that slow movement, he has some quick attacks, quick chain combos, and quick specials. Dash very carefully, as closing the gap with him can sometimes be very tough. However, with proper timing, Shishioh can GCFS into a qcb + A/C, or if fighting a weaker character, can take the air approach with jumping D as it has good priority. Do not under any circumstances use qcb + A/C to get in close, unless Shishioh is going to catch the opponent either while in movement on the ground, recovering from a whiff, or attempting to jump in the air with or without an attack of low priority.
- Speaking of anti airs, qcf + C can work wonders as a moderately ranged anti air move. It can be used over qcb + A/C most times because of its hitbox being higher than qcb + A/C (and that's saying alot because Shishioh is a tall character with a tall hitbox).
- While using qcf + B/D is recommended, be weary not to overuse this move. It can be a good way to avoid punishment from an opponent, but if the patterns get predictable, then it won't serve much. In fact, simply waiting for the recovery animation of the move can warrant an even stronger combo to be executed on Shishioh, instead of a regular punish that might have not guaranteed anything strong. This can at times allow a mixup game using AC Tactical Step or ACTS. By ending a move with a regular attack that would normally guarantee a punish by the opponent, but canceling it by pressing A and B together right as the move hits (or gets blocked), Shishioh can, if given the option to, throw the opponent and dash in for okizeme. This can prove even more dangerous in the corner, because Shishioh has a tall hit box, so attempting to jump out of the corner can be stopped with either jumping D and lead to oki on landing, or telegraph the jump early and simply use qcb + A/C and catch the opponent.
- Block strings to use are:
- crouching A, crouching A, crouching B, qcf + A/C
- standing A, standing B, f + C (should count as a frame trap for a free qcb + A/C)
(more to be updated)
- standing A, standing C, f + C, qcb + A/C
- standing A, crouching B, qcb + A/C
- crouching D, dp + A (if opponent doesn't tech)
- successful qcf + B/D, hcb,f + A/C
(more to be updated)
- Note: The "S" button is the start button.