The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Mai Shiranui
Super Desperation Move
Hidden Super Desperation Move
cr.B, cl.A/B, df+B(1), qcb+B, qcb+C = 29%
(jump-in), cl.C, df+B(1), qcb+B, qcb+C = 31%
cr.B, cl.A/B, df+B(1), BC, cr.C, df+B(1), qcb+B, qcb+C(1), (SC) qcb hcf+K = 43%
(jump-in), cl.C, df+B, qcb+C(1), (SC) qcb hcf+B = 41%
cr.B, cl.A/B, df+B(1), BC, cr.C, df+B(1), hcf+B(1), qcb,hcf+BD = 52%
(jump-in), cl.C, df+B(1), BC, cr.C, df+B(1), hcf+B(1), qcb,hcf+BD = 54%
Close cl.A/B/C/D are cancelable.
Crouching Crouch C/D are whiff-cancelable. Crouch C is cancelable on hit, but Crouch D is not.
Jumping Has different animations for neutral jump vs ub or uf jump/hop, super jump, neutral hop, and hyper hop.
Shiranui Flaming Steel Crush - (b/f+C)
- Forward Throw
Windmill Destroyer - (b/f+D)
- Reversed Throw
Cherry Blossom Phantasm - (b/d/f+C)
- Air Grapple, Works in all directions except upward motions(ub + C, u + C, uf + C)
Black Swallow Dance - (f+B)
- Overhead, slow but good range. It beats out lows, and can be linked to crouching A or crouching C for more damage. It can even catch people off guard in frametraps in some given instances.
Crimson Crane Dance - (df+B)
- Sliding low
Fortune's Wheel Drop - (d+A) in air
- Cancels into qcb + A/C
Ukihane - (d+B) in air
Yusura - (d+D) in air
- Good crossup tool, cannot be performed with short hop
Wall Jump - in air uf or ub
Ryu Enbu - (qcb+A/C)
- Mai spins and unleashes flames with the tail of her Kimono, A version strikes once, C version is two strikes and can combo off of all cl.attacks(A/B/C/D).
Sayo Chidori - (qcb+B)
- Mai Swings her fan swiftly in a downward motion
- Anti-air tool when baited
- Can cancel into qcb+A/C
Kachou Sen - (qcf+A/C)
- Mai hurls her fan toward an opponent and reveals a hidden fan to replace the previously thrown.
- Her projectile can be used for not only zoning, but for okizeme as well. When timing her soft knock downs correctly, Mai can place her light punch fan right on top of the opponent and get in with her df+B or long range air normals to get in easily and damage.
Dishevelled Kacho Sen - (qcb+D) (Can enter 4 times in a row)
- Swings fans in an upward motion as they transform into sakura petals. When the maximum inputs is reached mai unleashes a barrage of fans at close range knocking back the opponent.
- Good pressure tool
Deadly Ninja Bees - (hcf+B/D)
- Mai performs a cartwheel rushing into an opponent with her elbow
- Very unsafe when blocked
- Distance covered by cartwheel varies by B and D
Triangle jump/Musasabi No Mai - (d~u+A/C~qcb+A/C)
- Mai jumps to the wall and bounces off toward the opponent
- Mai can utilize all air command moves
- Flying Squirrel Dance can be performed without Triangle jump
- This move helps compliment her air dominance, catching people trying to play Mai in the air or for very confusing and scary pressure.
Peach Blossom Bounce - (d+D) in air
- Mai snatches an opponent by their neck with her thighs and drops to the ground
- Must perform Triangle jump
- If the opponent is blocking Ukihane will Substitute
Blossom Storm - (qcfx2+A/C)
- Mai rushes toward an opponent. If the rush connects or wiff,she swings her fan upwards and twirls upwards in the air.
Super Deadly Ninja Bees - (qcb hcf+B/D)
- Mai performs her similar cartwheel but ignites into fire when she reaches her elbow strike animation.
Super Desperation Move
Super Deadly Ninja Bees - (qcb hcf+BD)
- Mai goes into her elbow animation of her original Super Deadly Ninja Bees and Strikes with a larger flame doing more damage then her DM version. It's fast and invuln up to hit which makes it a better although expensive candidate for punishes or reversals than the DM.
- There's an extra version where Mai changes into a one piece bikini before attacking with a different animation on the flames. As for its properties :
- It has the same damage and framedata as the normal version
- It is invincible from start to end, recovery included. Reducing to zero the already low chances of the move being beaten and forcing the opponent to only grab to punish on block.
- Probability : 7.35%
Hidden Super Desperation Move
Shiranui Nine tails fox - (qcb hcf+AC)
- Mai jumps in the air and hawks toward the opponent. When the move connects mai performs various vertical and horizontal dives at the opponent, before showing three possible outfits. You can press/hold a button before the move connects to decide the clothing and if you don't it'll be randomized :
- Normal outfit. Press/hold A/D.
- Black and purple dress. Press/hold B.
- Wedding dress. Press/hold C.
- If you end the match with the wedding dress, she wears it as her secret victory art.
- d + B, cl.A, qcb + C
- d + B, cl.A, hcf + B
- d + B, cl.A, qcb + D x4
- d + B, cl.A, df + B
- d + B, cl.A, df + B qcb + B, qcb + C
- cl.C/cr.C, df + B, qcb + B, qcb + C
- cl.C/cr.C, df + B, qcb + D x4
- cl.C/cr.C, df + B, hcf + B
- j.d + A, j.qcb + A
- j.d + A, (dash), cl.C, df + B
- j.d + A, (dash), cl.C, df + B, qcb + D x4
- j.d + A, (dash), cl.C, df + B, qcb + B, qcb + C
- f + B, d + C, qcf x2 + P/qcb hcf + B
- cl.C/cr.C, df + B, qcf x2/qcb hcf + B
- cl.C, df + B(1), BC, cr.C/run cl.C, df + B(1), qcb + B, hcf + B(1), qcb + C(1), qcb hcf + K
- crossup j.B/j.d + A, cl.C/cr.C, df + B(1) BC cr.C, df + B (1), qcb + B, hcf + B(1), qcb + C(1) hcf + B (1), qcb + C(1), qcb hcf + BD (Backturn combo)
Discuss at 02UM Discord server
Discuss at Dream Cancel