Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Street Fighter X Tekken

Started by FreeRunner, July 21, 2011, 11:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightfo

I dont see why boxer is in. I dont think he'll have as much synergy with the system(tag cancels) as others would, but whatever.

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on January 01, 2012, 10:49:21 PM
No one who plays Tekken should be anywhere hyped for this game, but that's why I think this game and TxSF is a complete waste of time.
Why is that? I think Tekken x SF could be very interesting. Seeing how 2d characters are incorporated into a 3d fighter could yield some really unique stuff. I don't see how you can judge it as a complete waste of time when it has huge potential for innovation.

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on January 17, 2012, 07:30:55 PM
Why Leo?  You already have one Waifu in, you don't need another Futa Waifu.
i actually want leo too, just because he's the only character i got remotely used to in tekken. i found his moves to be very gratifying since bajiquan is awesome. plus, gender ambiguous characters are awesome.

also, while it would be cool to see karin in, i dont like the unending whining about her not being in. most of the people who complain about it just want her due to "waifu" reasons as opposed to her legitimately cool gameplay.
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

Delta

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on January 20, 2012, 06:40:20 PM
Well Pac-Man is confirmed, it's just a matter of him and BBA Megaman being Vita Exclusive or not.

Where did you see Pac-Man being confirmed? I'm looking and can't find that.
Not doubting him being included, i just want to see :)

Saitsuofleaves

Quote from: mightfo on January 20, 2012, 09:24:28 PM
I dont see why boxer is in. I dont think he'll have as much synergy with the system(tag cancels) as others would, but whatever.

No one who plays Tekken should be anywhere hyped for this game, but that's why I think this game and TxSF is a complete waste of time.
Why is that? I think Tekken x SF could be very interesting. Seeing how 2d characters are incorporated into a 3d fighter could yield some really unique stuff. I don't see how you can judge it as a complete waste of time when it has huge potential for innovation.

i actually want leo too, just because he's the only character i got remotely used to in tekken. i found his moves to be very gratifying since bajiquan is awesome. plus, gender ambiguous characters are awesome.

also, while it would be cool to see karin in, i dont like the unending whining about her not being in. most of the people who complain about it just want her due to "waifu" reasons as opposed to her legitimately cool gameplay.

Well, it's less about the game itself, and more about they could use that time to work on other IPs or their own.

People can innovate within their own games, they shouldn't need a crossover to consider it, hence why Tekken Tag exists.  I'm not as annoyed by it as I was when they were announced, but idk...it just strikes me as both companies having ideas they're too scared to put in their own games in fear of backlash, so they went to each other to make these to not worry about it.

@Delta.  As for Pac being included, it was shown at the end of the New Challengers trailer (the one showing Asuka, Rufus, the Shadaloo Grunts and Paul/Law), on the Vita screen was Pac-Man and BBA Megaman.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

Oh i see, i thought about some pics leaked or something like that confirming him.
Thanks buddy.

Saitsuofleaves

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

Quote from: mightfo on January 20, 2012, 09:24:28 PM

1. leo is a girl hence the reason saitsu(fuck you) called her my waifu

2. i really want karin in this game due to the fact that both asuka and lili are in this game and it would be a excellent match up for both sides,also ive been wanting karin to be in another street fighter game since alpha 3 only thing she was in after that was the crap capcom fighting evolution game.

Saitsuofleaves

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/street-fighter-x-tekken/achievements/

Achievements.  Pretty much standard fare for a Capcom FG.  Proof of a Mission Mode and Multiple Bosses.  They've also seemed to learn the lesson from the last couple of FGs and not put unreleased characters in their achievements.

Wait, after checking more...there's a Trial Mode and a separate Mission Mode.  Considering Capcom used both names for pretty much the same mode from previous games...what's the difference?

Xxenace

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on January 21, 2012, 01:32:14 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/street-fighter-x-tekken/achievements/

Achievements.  Pretty much standard fare for a Capcom FG.  Proof of a Mission Mode and Multiple Bosses.  They've also seemed to learn the lesson from the last couple of FGs and not put unreleased characters in their achievements.

Wait, after checking more...there's a Trial Mode and a separate Mission Mode.  Considering Capcom used both names for pretty much the same mode from previous games...what's the difference?
im guessing mission mode is probably gonna have something along the lines of kill X in one combo or defeat Y while being at 5% health

Saitsuofleaves

Saitsuofleaves

Yep, GGs considering he needed a power boost, and a character with a wall bounce to pull that off, and if the opponent has more that 70% health, the Pandora character still lost.

Not like the game isn't complete ass still at least. 

Proto Cloud

You're missing the point. It's an awful comeback mechanic, that's only the tip of the iceberg and you don't need a wallbounce to do it.

Saitsuofleaves

All comeback mechanics are awful, so the point is moot.

sibarraz

Not all comeback mechanics are awful IMO, for example, the fact that long and damaging combos also fill your stocks in KOF XIII is something really cool, since you still need to work your comeback, street fighter ultras imo are  not as bad as people paint them to be, sure at times could be a pain in the ass, but well, is nothing that I think that broke the game

Shit like X-factor and I will think pandora are the ones that really are awful.

Looking better, for that 70% combo, he still needs gems that only could be used under pandora mode, it will be like bitching about 100% combos in kof

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

I wouldn't call building meter while getting hit a comeback mechanic.