Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Street Fighter X Tekken

Started by FreeRunner, July 21, 2011, 11:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xxenace

tbh if arksys made a naruto or a bleach game i would play it in fact i seriously hope this happens soon

Saitsuofleaves

Oh, don't bring up Release Dates and Skullgirls...I can still feel Mike Z's wrath.

And this is FGC: The Chronicles of Morton's
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

Quote from: Xxenace on March 08, 2012, 02:53:54 AM
tbh if arksys made a naruto or a bleach game i would play it in fact i seriously hope this happens soon

Fuck the shounen triumvirate. We need a new Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game. I'm tired of all these pansy-ass animes.

sibarraz

I was saying it more in a sense that fanboys had deaf ears and blind eyes at cases like this

If capcom decided to make fighting games just like arcade cabinets where you had to pay 50 cents in order to play one run of arcade mode or to challenge another fighter online or even offline, capcops will say ''well, is just like the ol' arcades, you don't like that? also Capcom needs to recover the money spent on development''

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

The whole development argument would make sense if it weren't for the fact that fighters is on the cheaper end of the budget spectrum in terms of genres. You don't have to spend mass amounts of money creating big worlds and a detailed campaign.

I just think that right now they're trying to manipulate the FGC into thinking that every one of their games is the next best thing in fighting games.

Saitsuofleaves

The thing is though is that even if they're not the next best thing...it will take a least half a year if not longer to figure that out.  Even Capcom Fighting Jam had like what, a half year to a year run?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

so any TO's freaking out about all the upcoming dlc and what not?

Saitsuofleaves

Why would they?  Shit won't be out until Fall, more than enough time to plan.  Gems are disabled until they can test the Tournament Patch, and colors and costumes aren't a big deal.

sibarraz

I guess that TO will recover the investment quickly

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

Honestly, who'll still be playing this by fall?

Most of the hype for this game will drop once Evo is over and three new great candidates in the form of SGs, P4U and VFFS. And that's not counting if DOA5 will be a competitor.

Capcom needs to step their shit up or it may be the end of the age of Capcom.

Saitsuofleaves

Yeah, just like MK9, all that hype will be gone after EVO when people get annoyed by the constant patches and DLC practices and people move on to things they like better.

Oh wait...

Proto Cloud

Except MK9 was actually good. Flawed, but good.

sibarraz

VF and P4U will never replace sxt in the states

Doa in the other hand, is a big maybe, but at least on capcom based fgc, will never happen, moreso than capcom will give big prizes to push sxt in case that stop doing that well

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

Quote from: Proto Cloud on March 08, 2012, 03:41:27 AM
Except MK9 was actually good. Flawed, but good.

Anyone deciding how good a game is when it's only out for 2 days doesn't deserve to touch a controller to be blunt about it.

Proto Cloud

I haven't played it at all. I'm running on the assumption it's ass.