Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Pet Peeves Thread

Started by Remzi, July 04, 2011, 07:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remzi

Another one. People that think Capcom did EVERYTHING. I'm fine with Capcom players admitting what many companies did, but don't be saying that "o capcom did dis first da other is ripoff" when it was really another company that started the concept.

Free, I agree. I learn from others, but I also apply what I've learned in an original manner.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Delta

Quote from: Remzi on July 08, 2011, 09:21:20 AM
Another one. People that think Capcom did EVERYTHING.
"o capcom did dis first da other is ripoff" when it was really another company that started the concept.

That reminds me when people think that Nintendo invented and was the first to introduce EVERYTHING for the first time in the console and videogame market, and think Nintendo is the most innovative company.

jinxhand

Quote from: Remzi on July 08, 2011, 09:21:20 AM
Another one. People that think Capcom did EVERYTHING. I'm fine with Capcom players admitting what many companies did, but don't be saying that "o capcom did dis first da other is ripoff" when it was really another company that started the concept.

That's true... To be honest, the only thing they really did was give special commands to the fighting game world. Prior to that, you can easily say that "Yie Ar Kung Fu" had playstyles. SF wasn't the first fighter, nor was it the first popular fighter. Same with this whole SF4 spiel... They made fighters more popular, but they didn't revive the fighting game era imo... Prior to SF4, there were a plethora of fighters released, some with better netcode.

One pet peeve that I'm not sure was mentioned, but I feel needs to be mentioned (and changed) are people who "know", but don't "share the wealth". I'm sure some of you old school cats can follow me on this one. Remember back in the day, when you played someone in a game, and they did a move you didn't know? You would ask them, "How did you do that?", and they would say, "Iunno". Years later, people's game got better, finding out moves turned into finding the best combo/strat/setup, and people are still having that "iunno" mentality.

Personally, I thought that being in a community, let alone a fighting game community, meant that there was to be some sort of sharing. After all, the root word of "community" is "commune" and to commune is to share one's thoughts or feelings with other people (or another person). Community is a group of people that get together because they share the same passion, goal, or interest-- in this case, fighters... That leaves no room for being anti-social I think. Sure, some cats are just like that, and that's ok to a degree. I mean, I'm not asking for cats to bust out with a dissertation of the importance of mixups, I'm just saying that if you want to know or do know about something in relation to that which we have a passion for, then share it.

Being silent doesn't keep you on top of your game, it just keeps you from progressing. I bet there's a ton of cats who have questions about a particular game, or a certain character in a game, and that person who knows could be responsible for building the scene up in a positive way just by sharing the wealth.

When KOF XIII drops, I'm getting it, and I'm breaking down the hell outta Billy Kane (no homo) to the point that I can help others intersted in learning him, or those who already main him. I'm no pro either, I just do my thing, win or lose. I'm just not gonna be that "iunno" guy and not share what I know. Even tournament players that have that mindset still get crushed, so why not help people step their game up, while beefing one's game and taking it to higher peaks???
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

ZeWickedOreo

1.) JUSTIN BIEBER- Chachi (Iam.Me.Crew) should have a crush on me not him. Darn GAY bastard.
2.) Overly Cocky thin guys acting Buffed- sometimes I just feel like kicking their faces. ._. annoyyyiiingg.
3.) Guy friends who steal your girl- F.U. NUFF SAID.
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab