Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Using HD Mode vs Max Cancels

Started by Necrotrophic, November 25, 2011, 10:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrotrophic

Right now my team is Terry, Kim and Mature and im curious about whether or not its more effective to use my drive meter for drive cancels, HD mode combos or Neo Max cancels, which cause huge damage

What say you?

omegaryuji

All situational and personal preference.  If you can win a round, do it, ideally with minimal resources spent (e.g. only using a drive cancel combo to finish off an opponent at like 35% health).  If not, choose for yourself whether it's worth blowing your resources to more damage now vs doing a weaker combo into knockdown to set up more pressure.  Also depends on your current situation as well (like, suppose I was playing that team in that exact order, and my Terry is down around 15% health remaining against a pretty fresh 2nd character, I'd just try to die as slowly and annoyingly as possible to pass the meter on to Kim unless I somehow manage to wear down the opponent's character enough to hit confirm into a fatal combo).

So, yeah, long way of saying against that it's up to your playstyle and the situation.
Old man/bad player

foreverttw

I think you mean HD mode vs Drive Cancel, since Max cancel requires you to be in HD mode anyway. For Terry I believe Drive canceling is very  worth it since you can cancel into crack shot after seeing a burn knuckle hit first follow by ex rising tackle or qcfx2 K.