Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Mai Shiranui (Console)

Started by nilcam, December 06, 2011, 06:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great_Dark_Hero

Quote from: marchefelix on May 08, 2013, 09:30:56 PM
Quote from: Great_Dark_Hero on May 07, 2013, 10:27:14 PM
Here are some noteworthy Mai videos - found these in the Orochinagi wiki section!
KCE 408: Mai part 1 of 2 http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1340369006
KCE 409: Mai part 2 of 2 http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1340369013

MMCafe is being a bitch.

Are these vidoes mirrored in YouTube?

No they aren't - The individual would have to actually sign up to watch these videos (for some odd reason).

Great_Dark_Hero

Now this is interesting. Mai can actually net 522 damage for just one bar!
[spoiler]
Mai Shiranui 522 Damage 1 stock
[/spoiler]

t3h mAsTarOth...!

Getting 3 ryuenbus is pretty tight... I just go for 2... More reliable...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Great_Dark_Hero

Just so everyone knows... it is possible to get 4 hits on Mai's EX air qcb+P (Musasabi) instead of 3. Here is some brand new technology to explore for a moment.
KOFXIII Mai Technology Update - 4 hit Air Musasabi

Great_Dark_Hero

Here is a video of Mai Shiranui on the prowl again... Starting at 3:27 - I actually implement Mai's natural combo overhead mix up.
[spoiler] KOFXIII - Casual Match - (Me) Claw Iori/Mai/Leona VS Kim/EX Kyo/Kensou [/spoiler]

The Fluke

thanks mightfo for your explanation on how to loop hcf.D qcb.C. Just decided to try it and your version "A" works perfectly for me. gotta get more used to it, but at last i know how to do it.

Great_Dark_Hero

Something I made a long while ago: 
A small time combo presentation, and various match skits from both offline and online sessions. This isn't anything important but should be fun to watch...
[spoiler]  KOFXIII Mai Shiranui Combo and Game Play - Mai Space [/spoiler]

Great_Dark_Hero

Mario E is definitely becoming one of the more notorious Mai players. Just did a podcast with him and Desmond today. Mario E is a player who has KOF fundamentals DOWN. You gotta love his Terry and Iori, too. Take a glance at this video.
[spoiler] Counter! KOFXIII Winners' Finals - AGE | Mario E(Mai/Terry/F.Iori) vs. James Jr.(Kyo/Karate/Kim) [/spoiler]

Great_Dark_Hero

Great_Dark_Hero

Great_Dark_Hero

Now, let's take a look at Shin Kensou's Mai:
[spoiler] KoF XIII Kensou vs TofuSoup FT10 pt.1 [/spoiler]
[spoiler] KoF XIII Kensou vs TofuSoup FT10 pt2 [/spoiler]

There is Sprint's Mai... who's play style with Mai is eerily similar to mine...
[spoiler] Sprint vs Lord Tenrai - losers semi EGL 8 KOFXIII [/spoiler]
[spoiler] Sprint vs Giga D - losers final EGL 8 KOFXIII [/spoiler]

Great_Dark_Hero

I've recently added some big time information of Mai's game plan:
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1659.180

Great_Dark_Hero

Great_Dark_Hero

Great_Dark_Hero

[spoiler] KOF XIII Nishinippori 37th Event(2013 July 6th) Part 2 [/spoiler]
Start at 03:56
Notice that Mature is building meter on Mai's behalf. Mai pushes her way through EX Kyo to save as much meter she can. All it really takes is her mobility and her normal to take care of a lot of problems. Notice that the Mai player continues using j.B against a grounded Saiki - the hit box on the move very nice and it is relatively easy to follow up with. REMEMBER: Mai can only cancel into her j.d.B (Ukihane) from NORMAL or HIGH jumps -NOT hops/hyper hops. 06:10 - This is how you use d~charge~u+P as an offensive maneuver - punish those badly timed projectiles. Mai vs Saiki is an even match up, but she needs to stay a little more towards the ground, especially if Saiki has meter because he has a lot of anti-air options (close st.C, vertical j.CD, qcf+C, preemptive/back dash qcfA, qcfx2+K DM, DP+B, cr.C, and even his st.A)