Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Kula Diamond (Console)

Started by nilcam, December 06, 2011, 06:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nilcam

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Throws
Ice Coffin - ;bk / ;fd+ ;c / ;d

Command Normals
One Inch Punch - ;fd + ;a

Slider Shoot - ;df + ;b

Special Moves
Crow Bites - ;dp + ;a / ;c *

Diamond Breath - ;qcf + ;a / ;c *

Counter Shell - ;qcb + ;a / ;c

Ray Spin - ;qcb + ;b / ;d
 ∟ ;fd + ;b (Standing) or ;fd + ;d (sitting)

Desperation Moves
Diamond Edge - ;qcf ;qcf + ;a / ;c

Freeze Execution - ;hcb x2 + ;a / ;c

Neomax
Neo Freeze Execution - ;hcb x2 + ;b ;d

Kula's Wiki entry.

Console changes:

*s.B adjusted. Compared to the arcade, Kula now moves forward giving the move greater range.
-Recovery on df.B improved
-EX Ray Spin no longer invincible
*EX Ray Spin Sit recovery improved
-EX Diamond Edge is faster
*Freeze execution adjusted. Faster and follow-up hitbox improved.
-EX Counter shell has a stronger hitbox

Producer Yamamoto says: Both supers expending 2 meters have become more powerful. Both make Kula invincible and are good for interrupting opponents or as anti-airs. Her use of meter has increased, so she has become a character that will test meter management skills. It may be fun using the wire damage on counter hit on her EX counter shell.

nilcam

Reserved

nilcam

Reserved

currentlemon

No replies yet, ok I'll start.  What were Kula's best and worst match-ups in the arcade version and how did they change compared to the console version?

shinefist

With kula, i found that rapid fire A technique. Who wants to know it..... lol

Press A first as you cannot do it off the first A. During the first A, press A+C+D, A+C+D then repeat, you can get an easy 10 hits which is great after sC, f+A, (B+C) A, A+C+D *9.

Its very easy to achieve so it should be staple in combos from now on and adds great damage if you just do it followed by crouch B, sB, f,d,df+C or qcb+B+D, qcb+B, f+B, f,d,df+C (corner).

I have not experimented on this move as to see how much guage it fills.

Enjoy kula fans.

MysticShadow1453

is the rapid a that vital to her combos that you'd make it her hd combo?

t3h mAsTarOth...!

I played Kula Leader in XI... Sooo now she feels like crap to me... lol... Lay spin is unsafe instead of being + frames on block... hop C sucks compared to XI hop C which was an instant + safe overhead... Also I miss her XI d/f+C that was like so awesome at zoning...

LOL... I just felt like ranting... I used Kula in the arcade version... I know she's pretty good in the console version still... Just miss her being amazing like she was in XI...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Diavle

Avoided her in the previous years because she was overpowered and very annoying for that, gave a shot now and wow, she's fantastic. Within a day or two of play she became one of my killers.

Just by design she seems to be a great counter to various characters (lol Maxima lol) and play styles. Sports simple yet damaging and meter light combos. After playing her I can see why they buffed her standing B, the rest of her standing normals are pretty lackluster as pokes (far standing C has some crazy range though).

And SNK did a really good job drawing her too, very nice animations and strong poses/actions.

Reiki.Kito

So, dunno if it's listed, but her HD combo is kinda weak, but her drive cancel combos are really good.

For just 1 drive, you can do upwards of 400.

Corner
j.D, st.D(1), f+A, qcf+A, qcb+B, f+B, dp+A, [DC], qcb+D(1), f+B, dp+C = 416 dmg

Out of the corner, you still can get close to 400 midscreen using the dp+A loop and finishing off with dp+C.

What do you think?

Shin Oni

Quote from: Reiki.Kito on February 09, 2012, 11:16:47 PM
So, dunno if it's listed, but her HD combo is kinda weak, but her drive cancel combos are really good.

For just 1 drive, you can do upwards of 400.

Corner
j.D, st.D(1), f+A, qcf+A, qcb+B, f+B, dp+A, [DC], qcb+D(1), f+B, dp+C = 416 dmg

Out of the corner, you still can get close to 400 midscreen using the dp+A loop and finishing off with dp+C.

What do you think?

You can squeeze a bit more out of it (436 dmg) if you get the replace DP+A with DP+C and get the timing down between DP+C, [DC], qcb+D. The opponent has to be pretty low to the ground in order to get 2 hits out of qcb+D.

Reiki.Kito

Okay, I'll try to get that down. Thanks for the advice!

Aenthin

Did you guys know about Counter Shell being able to counter Orochinagi, of all things? Start at around 1:30.

KOF XIII - The reflect Goddess and Princess

No Limitz

Blagh I wish there was more discussion going on here. =( Kula's one of my faves in this game.

Does anyone here ever use 6A for frame traps of some sort?

Reiki.Kito

What do you mean?

How do you use Kula's f+A as a frame trap? Do you mean in a combo or just straight-up f+A?

DJMirror949

(Corner only) Standing C (1 Hit) to F+A to EX QCF+AC to QCF+C to QCB+D to QCB+B to F+B to DP+A

does 430 with 1 meter no drive