Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Better Starter: Duo Lon or Mature?

Started by BLACK STAR, January 27, 2012, 10:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLACK STAR

Having trouble picking a starter character.  I know Mature has better damage and space control options for zoners, but Duo Lon has better normals, is faster, and has a better ground game.  I keep flip-flopping, so I need the help and advice of you guys before I invest one of these characters into a huge timesink of training time

Reiki.Kito

I dunno. If I had to say, I'd pick Duolon. Mature can trap people using her D Massacre and d.A into Massacre again. She's pretty brutal. However, I feel she becomes a lot more brutal with meter and Duolon needs none of it.

Rex Dart

By "starter" character, you mean a battery (i.e. the first character in your team), right? Or do you mean a character for a player new to KOF?

Regardless, I'm going to give a cop-out answer and tell you to try learning both. You need to get good with three characters anyway, so I don't see how trying to learn four characters is unreasonable. Which character you prefer largely depends on your own playstyle anyway.

BLACK STAR

thanks for the replies.

I'm thinking of battery character, yes.  I'm picking one or the other, because I'm still relatively new, and want to really learn my 3 characters well for Final Round coming up in little over a month.  Though I would like to, I don't really want to stretch myself thin with too many characters.

My last two teamcharacters are EX Kyo(2nd) and Claw Iori(3rd)

cableG

Character turned out to be battery issue?
Pigtail cableare made of high quality materials.