Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Genesis or Super Nintendo?

Started by LouisCipher, February 04, 2012, 06:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nilcam

I have to say both!

I bought the SNES first, and that was after I bought a Turbo Grafx. SNK games on the Turbo CD were pretty amazing... Anyway, I went with the SNES due to SFII, Zelda and it had a lot of good beat-em-ups and stuff. I later bought a Genesis for the X-Men games and because Diehard Gamefan magazine was always talking about how well the Genesis handled SNK ports.

baccano1932

Quote from: LouisCipher on February 04, 2012, 11:13:33 PM
Quote from: baccano1932 on February 04, 2012, 10:12:13 PM
In addition to this a lot of first party SEGA releases like Sonic, Vectorman, Alex Kidd etc. just never came close to matching my liking for Mario, Legend Of Zelda etc. and again in terms of holding up over the years the Nintendo first party games have held up far better than SEGA's.
Play Ristar. It's Bionic Commando meets Sonic.

Hmm yeah i've heard good things about it just never really gotten around to playing it, probably should when i get a chance.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

LouisCipher

Quote from: Xxenace on February 04, 2012, 06:51:24 PM
yo sega had streets of rage 2 so it's the obvious winner it also had sannic the hedgehawg

I actually prefer Streets of Rage 3. The U.S. version is a little butchered and I could understand not liking that, but if you use emulation and play the Jap version it's superb. I think 3 was much faster, had a much more in depth combo system. Bosses weren't as cheap compared to 2 either. I think most people makes a huge deal about the music in 3 not being as good (I thought it was damn good either way) and just don't like the Kangaroo and Cyborg characters... despite the fact that for a 2 player game you have plenty choices. Plus it had 2 different endings with 2 entirely different bosses.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.