Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Old Noob from NC

Started by LingeringRegime, July 26, 2012, 10:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LingeringRegime

What's up people?  Watched Evo 2012 then ordered KOF XIII, because I couldn't find it anywhere locally.  Been playing fighting games off and on (mostly off/didn't play during 1997-2007) for almost 25 years.  I play everything, but I want to try to narrow my focus to KOF because it is so fresh and seems to reward skill more than other games. 

My internet connection is awful, but I want to learn a lot by playing the CPU and see where that leads.  Looking forward to absorbing info from the KOF Family here. 

solidshark

Welcome LingeringRegime to DreamCancel. Glad the EVO hype brought you around, and hope you'll soon enjoy the game a lot. Your history sounds like most of us, so hopefully you'll have a lot of people to relate to.

The CPU is good for starters, at least in tightening up specials and combos. You might still give the online a try (it's got problems, but you may still find someone playable online), or at least see if there's a local scene to attend in your area in NC. Human contact will help in the long run. And hope you can learn a lot about the game here too.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

baccano1932

Hello and welcome to the community LingeringRegime, its a pleasure to meet you and I hope you enjoy your time here and with XIII.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

LingeringRegime

Thanks fellas, appreciate it.