Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Ash Crimson (Arcade Version)

Started by nilcam, October 27, 2010, 05:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravelneed

How can I do the walking forward  ;bk~ ;fd  ;a/ ;c in combos? I'm not sure how it needs to be performed properly for corner combos.

Tryken

I've been playing Ash as an insanely lame Guile-esque type zoner. Is this a competent way to play him? I've been using him at point, focusing on zoning with his shots. If the opponent does get in, I can hit-confirm his flash kick with cr.lks.

Thoughts on this strategy? It's worked so far on my local friends who also play. They hate me for it, but it works great.

Demoninja

Quote from: Gravelneed on November 27, 2011, 02:16:55 PM
How can I do the walking forward  ;bk~ ;fd  ;a/ ;c in combos? I'm not sure how it needs to be performed properly for corner combos.

You just do b~f+C but you delay the C press until after your character takes a small step forward.

Quote from: Tryken on November 27, 2011, 10:36:14 PM
I've been playing Ash as an insanely lame Guile-esque type zoner. Is this a competent way to play him? I've been using him at point, focusing on zoning with his shots. If the opponent does get in, I can hit-confirm his flash kick with cr.lks.

Thoughts on this strategy? It's worked so far on my local friends who also play. They hate me for it, but it works great.

That's an alright way to play him. Generally when I play Ash I push them into the corner whether it be from running up after knockdowns or Sans Culottes carries. After that you can rush them down with hop CD, D, C, whatever you want and hit confirm into big combos. Generally before I get them to the corner I try to play a slow zoning game but don't forget that Ash has a decent rushdown game. He can charge fireballs so quickly that almost any normal you press can be cancelled into a fireball.

Ash

Anyone complete Ash's mission number 8? If so you are godlike

King of Heart

Germinal doesn't seem to connect in the corner !
can anyone tell me why ?

Light

During aerial juggles or, in general?
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

King of Heart

During juggle
and i mean Germinal not Germinal Caprice
i used to do it in XI

xZEPPELIx

Quote from: King of Heart on December 06, 2011, 12:13:53 AM
During juggle
and i mean Germinal not Germinal Caprice
i used to do it in XI

What juggle is it?  You doing it too early or too late?
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

Ash

Quote from: King of Heart on December 05, 2011, 07:46:36 PM
Germinal doesn't seem to connect in the corner !
can anyone tell me why ?

You're probably not doing it when the opponent is high enough.

nilcam