Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 90517 times)

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
good thing of snk games is that they r sooooooo good to make characters ... nothing that capcom ll never reach.
just u think if snkp ll makes an episode just for a vs like it was the '98 just think a super pumped xiii with tons of characters more with the xiii gameplay and super graphics ... drrrrrrolling ! just hope there ll not be in the future 2423432420949284949148982482 versions of kyo
but uff ... we r still waitin the xiii
:(

well i think a lot of the street fighter stories would be better if capcom added more depth in the story not just throw every sequel 5 years before SF2 or something and also dude i had extremely hard time understand what you typed

uahauauhahua sorry man , i wrote while i was at work talking with a client at the phone !!
i mean this : we r all speculating about which characters we wish on a console version ... i was just dreaming even more thinking about an episode of kof like it was the '98 (an episode just made for a p1 vs p2 with loooots of characters) with the gameplay of xiii ... thats all ... just speculation

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2010, 12:28:05 PM »
! just hope there ll not be in the future 2423432420949284949148982482 versions of kyo

Haha, I think we have all had your dream of a dream match in these graphics and gameplay.  It would just be TOO glorious.  (NAMELESS IN HD WHERE YA AT!?)

Anyway, the reason I chose that passage from your post is because I hope they at least have Kusanagi and have his face drawn as he looks in his 2002 UM portrait.  If they can do it for Raiden / Big Bear why couldn't they do it for Kusanagi?? (And they'll be doing the same thing for Shingo anyway as he WILL return [unless he gets a Takuma-style revamp and gets his own new body!!])

Adnan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2010, 12:36:44 PM »
Hey, I'm a Billy Kane fan.

I stand corrected then xD

edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm a Kane fan too. He was my fave. character to use in the Fatal Fury games. It's just that I've heard people say "I'm a B. Mary fan" or "I'm a Yamazaki fan", but never Billy Kane. I thought it was kinda wierd...nice to see another Billy Kane fan though lol...

@sibarraz: I kinda liked Malin in the Anti-Kyokugen team :/ the only other people they could add are...Ryuhaku Todoh, though they'd have to flesh him out (only has one special in AOF lol) or Lee Pai Long - who's a bit of a stretch 'cos he doesn't even have any sort of hate against Kyokugen, but him and Takuma seem to be rivals, I think.

@sociald & JTSNOW6 : At the very least, XIII Kyo, from what I've seen and heard, plays like Kusanagi in KOF 2k2, so unless any big Kyo changes happen, I don't think Kusanagi will be back. Although, as you implied, SNKp might be tempted to make a clone Kyo team again, since they could just palette swap Kyo, and then change up his moves from there.

I hope Shingo comes back though. I actually preferred him to Kyo, gameplay-wise...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:14:01 PM by Adnan »
~~~

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2010, 06:23:56 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Shingo with his own old moves + A few '98 Kyo chains. I really enjoy playing Shingo in general, so to see him grow + use it as a way to satiate those who want 98 Kyo back, would be fairly slick. (Him + Traditional Iori = All useful forms of Kyo/Iori in one updated KoF).

If there is a new team or 2 in the home release, I really wouldn't be suprised if some of the characters were skillful clones, like Vice/Mature, Ralf/Clark, and Joe/Hwa. Though I'd hope to have some really original members of their team (Such as Boton, or Oswald... or Jubei Yamada!) to offset this. I'm not a fan of clones, but SNKP's are noramlly pretty worthwhile, so I don't mind them nearly as much.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2010, 07:28:23 PM »
Fucking John Crawley SNkp. Make it happen! John Crawley, Heidern and whip as a second army team:P

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »
Fucking John Crawley SNkp. Make it happen! John Crawley, Heidern and whip as a second army team:P

Heidern, Whip, Kevin (Garou) VS Leona, Clark, Ralf

WOW!!!!! Get fucking HYPE!!!!

only in my dreams.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Adnan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2010, 07:48:27 PM »
@SAB-CA: Shingo Kick. All day, every day.

And you're probably right about the skillful clones thing. But yeah, the clones in KOF usually aren't as 'clone-y' as they are in other games. What such characters are there that they could use though? There's Shingo...Normal Saiki could be a simple headswap if they decide to do that...erm...I can't think of any others :/

And was Jubei Yamada the old due who threw crackers at you? If so, yes please. He was awesome.

@JohnCrawley: I really do hope SNKp does this eventually. In the recent games (barring XII), they seemed to have brought in atleast one surprise character (in XI, it was a whole bunch of them, i.e. Gai, Silber, a Garou team, etc) and John Crawley seems like a simple enough design to build up on.

@THE ANSWER: Kevin would be cool too. You can never go wrong with Garou characters...
~~~

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »
That's the problem with john, is just.. too simple, I couldn't see it working in this time

Hell, imo all  the characters in AOF who had decent to good designs had already make it to KOF, maybe todoh is the only one who needs to debut soon, but the rest of the characters are too... boring

And lol, now I remembered the random as hell cameo of Jin Fu Ha as an commentator in KOF XII, without saying a word

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2010, 08:01:34 PM »
If SNKp really has extra characters planned for a console release, I'd say let it be more Ash saga characters (Oswald, Malin, Momoko), (Botan, Rimelo, Shroom [Those From the Past]), (someone, Rose, Adelheid). I'm kind of hoping these are down-the-line downloadable characters, meaning less to delay the console release. I know most would rather not have to pay extra for additional characters like lots of other fighters, but these are fighters would be worth it to me.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Adnan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »
@sibarazz: I always thought of it the other way - he has enough potential to become a good character.

I'd laugh, isntead of bringing Whip back, the put Lenny in instead xD

@solidshark: Good point. I'm sorta expecting Adelheid to be there, since his sister 'randomly' hosted another tournament. A lot of people seem to want Oswald back in, although I'm not sure what team he'd be in (he could be a single entry, I suppose...).

I really want a TFtP boss team of Saiki, Mukai, and sexy Botan to appear. Or atleast a non-Ash boss =_=' You can tell from the initial trailer that more TFtP characters were planned to be in, but didn't make it to the final game. Of course, as you said, they shouldn't delay the game too much...
~~~

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
If SNKp really has extra characters planned for a console release, I'd say let it be more Ash saga characters (Oswald, Malin, Momoko), (Botan, Rimelo, Shroom [Those From the Past]), (someone, Rose, Adelheid). I'm kind of hoping these are down-the-line downloadable characters, meaning less to delay the console release. I know most would rather not have to pay extra for additional characters like lots of other fighters, but these are fighters would be worth it to me.

Yea, I feel that if they most likely would add characters it would be from the Ash Saga. Like Oswald, Malin, & Momoko. Furthermore,  I think Oswald has a high chance of being in since Oswald was Shen Woo's, and Ash's teammate in the past.

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2011, 11:25:44 AM »
My two wishes:

a) Best possible netcode so I can play this game without having to travel, which I don't have the opportunity to on the weekends due to work

b) More rebalancing, to improve the game- which then gets ported to the arcade.

As for extra chars: I'd love Billy to be in.

An extra I'd really, really love: the 98UM remix on the disc as a bonus.  I'd pay the full price for that alone.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2011, 11:30:25 PM »
@sociald & JTSNOW6 : At the very least, XIII Kyo, from what I've seen and heard, plays like Kusanagi in KOF 2k2, so unless any big Kyo changes happen, I don't think Kusanagi will be back. Although, as you implied, SNKp might be tempted to make a clone Kyo team again, since they could just palette swap Kyo, and then change up his moves from there.

I'm 99% certain that we'll be seeing the Kyo from 2002 UM in an HD KoF.  His rekkas, his  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk  ;bk ;k , the R.E.D. kick, etc, etc.  Maybe a grab NeoMax...

He's simply too sick to omit from future installments!!

And BTW, if a Todoh is making it in, it's KASUMI.  She has WAYYYY more priority than her father and besides, he has the background to be in!!!!!!

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
- Great netcode

- All the new characters from the Ash Saga to be playable. That means Oswald, Malin, Momoko, Adelheid. It only makes since for them to be in since XIII is the conclusion. Also, a playable Botan would be awesome.

- Gallery

This is all I want added to the game.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2011, 09:42:59 PM »
having jhon in kof wuold suck ass. even lee deserves the spot more, lee, jubei & tung for the golden oldie team (kof97 bg). bob, hon & kim would be hella dope as well. oswald, iori & yamazaki. theres way too many good teams and characters to have characters like the not so good ones from aof in the game imo.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!