Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

NorCal KOF!

Started by Tone, November 26, 2010, 03:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaxMurderer

Quote from: tastylumpia on September 08, 2011, 05:56:58 PM
Quote from: fixelzero on September 08, 2011, 10:06:59 AM
Sidenote: HotPockets is not free today. he did a great job beating Geo and Jose this afternoon, too bad I didn't record those matches.

Should've recorded, it's like a bigfoot sighting.
DATS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST!

FataCon

Quote from: metaphysics on September 08, 2011, 03:53:17 AM
FataCon Rules!!!!!!

SCIENCE!!! *I'm pretty sure no one is going to get that reference*

Quote from: fixelzero on September 08, 2011, 10:06:59 AM
Awww really? that sucks, I didn't even get the chance to fight you last week, anyway good luck in everything you do man! and Good job on commentating for the last few weeks.

Sidenote: HotPockets is not free today. he did a great job beating Geo and Jose this afternoon, too bad I didn't record those matches.

Thanks fixel! I hope you keep playing at the ranbats and not give up like Charles did lol. Hopefully I see you sometime again in the future.

Also, HaxMurderer AKA HotPockets AKA NegroNinja AKA I'mLateSoIResetTheBrackets AKA Chris levelling up is thanks to $2 hotdogs and being on time.

Kane317

Quote from: Reiki.Kito on September 08, 2011, 10:39:55 AM
Too bad I am ;-;

I've also found out something pretty funny. Off of a counter hit in the air, Maxima can do some really silly stuff. For example, if I hit someone on counterhit, I can do his DP+k air grab (M19 Blitz Cannon). That's about 20-25% from just an anti-air. Even a counterhit standing A I can do it. If I counterhit blowback in the air, I can still do it.

It's pretty dumb what he can do with this move.

You can always follow up a counter hit with any character, if you wanted you can even do Maxima's NeoMax.

Reiki.Kito

I am not so happy with the DLC characters. Nobody new or worth learning IMO, but the hype keeps moving!

Tone

Im ok w/ shin Kyo (rekkas!) but Shin Mr. Karate is kinda dumb considering the backlog of characters SNK could've thought to use.

Whatever, old Iori is back and that's cool :)

HaxMurderer

Shin Mr Karate needs to be Marco Rodriguez with the tengu-mask.

tastylumpia

Good stuff to everyone at the ranbat. I can see that everyone's leveled up.

Anyone want to help me with K' DC combos? I been doing the Dp+A(2) DC qcf+B Dp+C but I saw Demoninja post about Dp+A DC into into trigger C to relaunch which should do more damage, but apparently the timing is tight. I just want to get to the point so that I know the optimal combos for each EX meter/drive bar level.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

You could do that, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that in an actual match. It's just too technical.

See, the only way to do it overlaps with a shortcut that causes you to do a super. The only way it's possible is to use ANOTHER shortcut to do it. Basically, you have to do hcb, f+A for your DP+A motion and then do qcf+C for Ein Trigger. Even then, the timing for it is dumb and you could drop it. I can help you with doing it, but I'm just saying it's better do something easy and does a lot of damage than something hard and you drop it.

Take me for example. I can't do df+c into DP+K for Maxima on a wire. I try really hard, but I just can't do it yet and that costs me the match a lot of the time.

tastylumpia

If I can do Dante BC combos I can do anything ;). Most likely I'll stick to the blackout DC combo, but I found learning harder combos seems to make doing the simpler combos a lot easier.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Kane317

Quote from: tastylumpia on September 12, 2011, 09:48:27 AM
If I can do Dante BC combos I can do anything ;). Most likely I'll stick to the blackout DC combo, but I found learning harder combos seems to make doing the simpler combos a lot easier.

I'm far from a K' expert, but I believe his dp A [1hit], [HDC] qcb K, qcb K (whiff) loops do more than the blackout ones.

CharREX

K' players puts me in rage with that BS Eins Trigger.

PS: That Nadesico avatar makes me laugh for some random reason.

PSS: The Black Sarena he pilots is the shit.
Undefeated online KOF player.

tastylumpia

Quote from: CharREX on September 12, 2011, 12:01:09 PM
K' players puts me in rage with that BS Eins Trigger.

PS: That Nadesico avatar makes me laugh for some random reason.

PSS: The Black Sarena he pilots is the shit.

PS: It's PPS
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

September 11th Ranking Battles:
1. BBZ (Elizabeth, Shen, K', Kula): 10
2. CharRex (Iori, Clark, Kyo): 7
3. Fixel (Ryo, Shen, Ralf): 5
4. RogerDoger (Mai, Shen, Kim): 3
5. Haunts (Kyo, K', Kim): 2
5. Christian (Yuri, Kula, Athena): 2
7. Reiki (K', Terry, Maxima): 1
7. Alex M. (Leona, Maxima, Kula): 1

Current Standings:
1. Geo.YUC = 30
2. CharREX = 21
3. BBZ = 20
4. Fixel= 18
5. Isaiah = 14
6. Fatacon = 11
7. CMD.DUC = 10
7. DemoNinja = 10
9. Renzo = 8
10. Kane317 = 7
10. Jose = 7
12. Reiki = 5
12. Haunts = 5
14. RogerDodger = 4
14. Christian = 4
16. Hotpockets = 3
17. Paul = 2
17. 4leaf = 2
17. N4US = 2
20. D' = 1
20. TastyLumpia = 1
20. Alex M. = 1

The Summer Tournament is now done. The Fall Tournament will begin next week. The top 8 players, based on attendance and ranking, will be seeded. The new tournament thread is up in the tournament section.

Tone

so uh...

whats the deal with fall? wouldnt it be better to start the actual ranbats after console release drops [end of ocober, which is like halfway], and just hold regular non ranking tournaments in the meantime?

CharREX

Quote from: tastylumpia on September 12, 2011, 12:23:43 PM
PS: It's PPS

You should change your tag to GrammarPolice and play Viper.
Undefeated online KOF player.