Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 555577 times)

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1575 on: March 14, 2011, 11:11:28 PM »
I was thinking the other day that Kula has been high tier in every single KOF that she's been in. Does anybody else feel the same way? I mean didn't she have an infinite the first year she was a playable character?

Well Iori's the same, in that ever since his introduction in '95, he has some broken stuff.  Which leads me to a good question. Why do players tend to go for the same long combos and not try anything different, even against those who just started, especially online?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 15, 2011, 07:46:49 PM »
Some good feedbacks about XIII from some kof players (one from HK and another one from UK, I think) who played the game in UCX (UK). I think these interviews were worthy to mention because of 2002/XIII discussion, and I always like to see what kof players think about the game when they test it.

http://orochinagi.com/2011/03/kof-xiii-interview-with-zeroniiro

http://orochinagi.com/2011/03/kof-xiii-interview-with-mecha-trueno
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 15, 2011, 09:44:41 PM »
Has the release date of XIII been posted yet?
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 15, 2011, 10:05:54 PM »
Has the release date of XIII been posted yet?

Probably lost in the tsunami =/

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 15, 2011, 10:49:27 PM »
Most of the Earthquake and Tsunami effected areas like Fukushima, so places like Tokyo are not too bad off right now. Many game developers, mangakas, people involved in anime etc are being asked about on a large scale, and most of them are tweeting that they are all right. Since SNKP is still making updates, they should be all right mostly.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 15, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »
Most of the Earthquake and Tsunami effected areas like Fukushima, so places like Tokyo are not too bad off right now. Many game developers, mangakas, people involved in anime etc are being asked about on a large scale, and most of them are tweeting that they are all right. Since SNKP is still making updates, they should be all right mostly.

Thanks, good to know!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 16, 2011, 12:08:19 AM »
I don't know why the other day I thought that SNKP will release an statement saying that XIII has been canceled since the earthquake destroyed all the computers and they didn't had back ups for the source code, and that they were just 3 days before releasing the game

Waifu Material

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 16, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »
Great news for us player sin NYC is that the new arcade called Next Level will be opening up soon. I'm going to be able to only make it one time a week but hey, at least it's some time to get some more games in while I wait for anything that resembles a console release.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 16, 2011, 08:16:26 PM »
I don't know why the other day I thought that SNKP will release an statement saying that XIII has been canceled since the earthquake destroyed all the computers and they didn't had back ups for the source code, and that they were just 3 days before releasing the game

D=

Dude! How could you let such a horrible thought enter your mind?!

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 16, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »
Great news for us player sin NYC is that the new arcade called Next Level will be opening up soon. I'm going to be able to only make it one time a week but hey, at least it's some time to get some more games in while I wait for anything that resembles a console release.

It's ok, i go to the arcade less than that :p
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 16, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »

It's ok, i go to the arcade less than that :p

You're a freak of nature Reynald hehe. 

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 17, 2011, 01:35:45 AM »
I was thinking the other day that Kula has been high tier in every single KOF that she's been in. Does anybody else feel the same way? I mean didn't she have an infinite the first year she was a playable character?

She is consider by some in OG 2002 mid tier, Neowave she was low (yes I'm surprised too). 2000 There never was a tier list but she probably AT LEAST high mid. The game with Kula's Infinite was 2001 (Kula's second game). But yes overall Kula has been a great character in basically all KOF games.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:28:31 AM by TAG7191 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 22, 2011, 12:00:11 AM »
so after playing KoF XIII for some time now I've been inspired to go back and try to pick up the older titles of KoF. Kof XIII is my very first KoF and I wanted to pose the question that after the release of console 13 does anybody think this will happen to lots of other newer players? or will the focus strictly be on thirteen
" you fight well in the old style"

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 22, 2011, 01:05:30 AM »
so after playing KoF XIII for some time now I've been inspired to go back and try to pick up the older titles of KoF. Kof XIII is my very first KoF and I wanted to pose the question that after the release of console 13 does anybody think this will happen to lots of other newer players? or will the focus strictly be on thirteen

It's probably very much up to the player in question.. Some people don't want to play older titles because of it being so clearly pixelated for example.. It's a stupid reason, but it seems to be valid to some. I can see myself playing 94 or 98 for nostalgia once in a while, maybe 02 aswell, but i do expect that i will focus my atention on 13 and possibly a bit of 12 aswell.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 22, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »
first of snkp is from osaka japan (has been snk home for years, look at kyos kof 96 stage in osaka).

also older kofs still have some sort of vallue. if you wanna play thre gayest sf like turtle kof 95 is the game. if you wanna play some great kof thats real kof, play 97 or 98. theres also 02 but that aint my cup of tea, but id play that over 95 though. i dont know why yoyu mentioned 12, because that game was shit. as shit as 94, 96 and some of the other worst pieces of shit kof games. (aesthetically 96 is the first kof to look good and one of the best when it comes to graphics and music imo).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!