Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 557351 times)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1680 on: April 06, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »
I think the NYC crowd has pretty much quit on KOF13 because it's no longer at CTF. What I mean by that is that it's new location is too far away from the majority of the people who played it at CTF.

Look, I'm not going to sit here and criticize Henry Cen for his move to Brooklyn. I quite frankly don't know the guy and I seriously doubt I would have any sort of interesting conversations with him but the fact is that he pretty much has eliminated a lot of people who made him so much money at CTF over the years. IMO, his new arcade(which is actually a glorified LAN Center for fighting game fans) was pretty much built for the SF and Capcom communities and whatever is left of the dancing game community in NYC. KOF13 is pretty much going to rot there because I've been there and hardly anyone plays the machine.

Now that may change when the official opening comes and I do hope I'm wrong cause I would actually like to go to the place and play other people besides the same person over and over again for an hour.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 06, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »
The way they handled 13 it seems clear that SNK does care about the competitive scene because this is the crowd that keeps games "alive" for years to come, which helps you stay on the map.

Look at the arcadia list above. do you think its the casual crowd that helps 3rd strike stay strong? Do you think its thanks to the casual crowd that the game is getting an online enabled re-release on current gen systems?

As for selling out in latin america and china... well, last I checked SNK doesn't profit much from pirated copies being sold out.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:02:36 PM by Diavle »

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 06, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »
^
^
^agree to 3 posts above this
SNPK has to give people a reason to play the game after its initial release with tons of DLC's like unique colors/ costumes, tunes, stages, and characters
I wouldn't mind if American sports team  was a dlc team or better yet a boss team compose of Rugal,Geese, and Big

I mean if other companies can get you to buy colors and custome that dont contribute nothing to the gameplay, snkp might as well join the rest of the pack

I would not mind if kof xiv was a DLC
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:06:02 PM by Ashspiralingblood »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1683 on: April 06, 2011, 08:51:56 PM »
The way they handled 13 it seems clear that SNK does care about the competitive scene because this is the crowd that keeps games "alive" for years to come, which helps you stay on the map.

Look at the arcadia list above. do you think its the casual crowd that helps 3rd strike stay strong? Do you think its thanks to the casual crowd that the game is getting an online enabled re-release on current gen systems?

As for selling out in latin america and china... well, last I checked SNK doesn't profit much from pirated copies being sold out.

japan is a very small country and there are trends in arcade scene there..like classic kof 98 was 4 or 5 in 2009 because 98 um was announced.If 3s is played in arcades now it makes no profit for capcom LOL they will make profit from 3's online if it's popular enough and if it comes at a right price - if it's too expensive only a handfull of capcom zombies will buy it = no profits.If you think that fighting games make profit by selling only to hardcore gamers you don t know what business means.The big profit comes from the casual consumer period.Gaming companies pay more attention to trends than anything (and later they look at the techincal aspects trying to please the hardcore gamer but in the same time give the casual gamer a feeling of achivement by doing nothing like ultras in sf4 , x ray move, x factor...etc) - look at sf4 - do you think it is a accident it was so well received?
In an industry image and profit count - if a product is not well received by the mases it is shit (you have no idea how much money companies spend on research do you?)- even if from a techincal point of view your game is balance and great at competitive level play.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 06, 2011, 08:57:58 PM »

japan is a very small country and there are trends in arcade scene there..like classic kof 98 was 4 or 5 in 2009 because 98 um was announced.If 3s is played in arcades now it makes no profit for capcom LOL they will make profit from 3's online if it's popular enough and if it comes at a right price - if it's too expensive only a handfull of capcom zombies will buy it = no profits.If you think that fighting games make profit by selling only to hardcore gamers you don t know what business means.The big profit comes from the casual consumer period.Gaming companies pay more attention to trends than anything (and later they look at the techincal aspects trying to please the hardcore gamer but in the same time give the casual gamer a feeling of achivement by doing nothing like ultras in sf4 , x ray move, x factor...etc) - look at sf4 - do you think it is a accident it was so well received?
In an industry image and profit count - if a product is not well received by the mases it is shit (you have no idea how much money companies spend on research do you?)- even if from a techincal point of view your game is balance and great at competitive level play.

Yeah because SNK has always been very successful with the mainstream.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:00:22 PM by Diavle »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 06, 2011, 09:59:55 PM »
I highly doubt that kof xiii is selling well in south america, I hadn't seen bootleg versions, and there is only one machine

Now, I don't get the comparission with super turbo and third strike, those two are special cases of games that always had been popular, as far as I know, some games get a raise on the lists when a tournament is coming out, is sad to see XIII dropping the list but you can't expect less

Waifu Material

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1686 on: April 07, 2011, 01:28:22 AM »
In a different note...

I know K' and Raiden are really high up there but are there complaints about a character being low tier? I haven't seen too many Goro in videos lately but from what I've seen is that he could still hold on to his own. You know that Joe wasn't too used either but someone still managed to be a beast with him.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 07, 2011, 01:42:51 AM »
I highly doubt that kof xiii is selling well in south america, I hadn't seen bootleg versions, and there is only one machine

Now, I don't get the comparission with super turbo and third strike, those two are special cases of games that always had been popular, as far as I know, some games get a raise on the lists when a tournament is coming out, is sad to see XIII dropping the list but you can't expect less

I was talking about the prospects of the game being released in Latin America on a console. The arcade cabs seem to be only confined to Japan right now and if anyone has one in other countries, they have been imported. I know the one at CTF/NLG has Japanese text and it seems to be that way with every cab I've seen from videos.

and if indeed the game has already been pirated, why haven't we seen a lot of bootlegs already?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 07, 2011, 02:06:53 AM »
Our one in SoCal has English win quotes.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 07, 2011, 02:07:18 AM »
In a different note...

I know K' and Raiden are really high up there but are there complaints about a character being low tier? I haven't seen too many Goro in videos lately but from what I've seen is that he could still hold on to his own. You know that Joe wasn't too used either but someone still managed to be a beast with him.

Seems like out of all characters he has the least things going on for him in terms of HD/DC. Besides him every character pretty much is played here. I think Clark/Hwa are least used besides Goro. When you have a roster like this year I wouldn't blame anyone for not choosing Goro =/ Basically I think it's not that they are low tier, because we do play with some low tier characters. It's more because there are much more interesting things you can do with other characters.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1690 on: April 07, 2011, 03:18:21 AM »
Yeah, I can see that. Actually my question is if there truly is a character with subpar abilities rather than less HD/DC options.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 07, 2011, 03:27:36 AM »
Yeah, I can see that. Actually my question is if there truly is a character with subpar abilities rather than less HD/DC options.

I would say no.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 07, 2011, 11:47:48 PM »

I was talking about the prospects of the game being released in Latin America on a console. The arcade cabs seem to be only confined to Japan right now and if anyone has one in other countries, they have been imported. I know the one at CTF/NLG has Japanese text and it seems to be that way with every cab I've seen from videos.

and if indeed the game has already been pirated, why haven't we seen a lot of bootlegs already?

Problem is that KOF isn't as mainstream as some people think here in southamerica

The game is played in the arcades, but there are not as much as used to be, and the game imo is still very niche, I had friends in college who played kof when they were younger but now they don't give a crap, if the game is released, the game will get some sales, but not amazing sales, hell, this without considering that lots of guys will rather download the game than buying it, the same could be said about china

Waifu Material

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 07, 2011, 11:54:32 PM »

I would say no.

Yeah I would say no too, which is why I didn't think about answering it that way.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 08, 2011, 12:21:46 AM »

I would say no.

same here
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof