Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread

Started by krazykone123, July 28, 2010, 06:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sibarraz

lots of people bitch when the game doesn't had story so maybe will hurt

Waifu Material

Ashspiralingblood

Quote from: JohnCrawley on April 19, 2011, 02:46:51 PM
Quote from: Giby on April 19, 2011, 01:24:25 PM
The game being hacked won't help SNKP, and it will not force them to do anything with online play. It will help them lose sales on a product that many have been anticipating for nearly a year. While many of us here care for online play, there are players out there who just want to play it offline. If the game gets hacked and playable on PC, they won't have any reason to purchase it on console other than achievements, cause that's crack to many gamers these days.

Sorry but I completely disagree. We are talking about a fighting game where Versus is the most important thing.

That alone would not get me to buy any fighting games for that matter, if the game itself is that lack luster to rely online, no thanks there are better experiences out there

Just because some of you will play the hack and buy the game that dont mean other people will follow that example, the hack will be has stupid as the people crying no mai no buy, a hack of any game like kof xiii will increase its sale more than hurts it especially when its snkp, what happens if the hack has ggpo then snkp is really screwed. SNKP does not need another reason not to release this game or to shut down their video game department.

desmond_kof

SNKP should release a demo of some kind maybe?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

MUSOLINI

Quote from: KBlackNoah on April 19, 2011, 04:47:45 AM
Quote from: MUSOLINI on April 19, 2011, 03:54:00 AM
good for you but who gives a what.

sorry man i am to busy to respond right now -  im about to start my own company in another country and got a lot of real life issues coming up.

r u serious?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Amedø310

Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on April 19, 2011, 04:32:46 PM
It would only appear on (J)PSN like XII.

nilcam

Quote from: AmedoS310 on April 19, 2011, 05:53:54 PM

That's my fear as well. Luckily, it's easy to create a Japanese PSN account.

sibarraz

the no mai no buy must be one of the stupidiest reasons that I had heard

I mean, maybe drove away some people away (like, 50 guys at best) but I had read parts where people says that the absence of mai was the reason of why KOF XII was a flop

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

Quote from: AmedoS310 on April 19, 2011, 05:53:54 PM

The Demo was released on (Jp) XBL as well.

Really, if they did an international demo with online play (a "beta" like Capcom did with HD Remix) and a few characters (Mai, Terry, Mature, and Ryo?), it'd probably do alot of promotion and goodwill-building for them. Tie some kinda free-for-final-game unlock to it (an Osaka remix track for Kyo by holding Back/Select when selecting team or something), and it'd be an easy way to build some hype! I think even some of the Pixel-haters would be swayed when they see the game running on their TVs.

Heck, I'd be willing to pay for a demo with a few more characters (2 teams worth maybe?) + something like online team battle. Then they could profit (break even?) from it, like a worldwide location test. Could be 1 ~ 5 dollars.

Kane317

Wow, been sick (baaaaaad, bed ridden for 48 hours) and I come back and this thread has run amuck.

Really prided that our forum was absence of the malarkey you see on other forums.  Not going to single anyone out, but it's ok to disagree, not ok to insult.  Enough said.

As for the Taito X2 cabinet boards being ripped/dumped, wonder if this will turn into a whole KOF'98 pirated thingy and everyone falls in love with the game coz they have access--a true blessing in disguise.  

Personally, I would still get a "pre-copy" BUT I would purchase the official console release on the first day (not to mention we've been plunking in quarters for the last 8months like zombies), just like I did with the Mook.

FataCon

Quote from: Kane317 on April 19, 2011, 10:25:39 PM
Wow, been sick (baaaaaad, bed ridden for 48 hours) and I come back and this thread has run amuck.

I didn't realize XIII was part of being bedridden ;)

Regarding a PC hack though, users could very well provide their own netcode (ala Vanguard Princess/LunaPort, Melty Blood/MBCaster, some form of GGPO-type implementation, etc.) So, I am in agreement that a PC hack would cause more harm than good, IMO. Of course, exposure to the game is good, but, in an age of digital piracy and economic issues, don't expect the average consumer to love the game enough to throw $60 at a game they can already get for free with some possible form of netcode. Just because people love the game doesn't mean it'll generate business. No business for SNKP = bad.

Kane317

Quote from: FataCon on April 19, 2011, 11:36:34 PM
Quote from: Kane317 on April 19, 2011, 10:25:39 PM

I didn't realize XIII was part of being bedridden ;)

Friday night till Sunday.  =)

---

There are seriously so many cost effective ideas they could do to promote the game without putting themselves into the red more.  Just even hosting more SNKP tourneys over here with the current 1.1 build would help.  Forget cash prizes, let the winner get like a sneak peak or something.

Nagare_Ryouma

I know everyone is happy about the news posted by orochinagi, but I will personally wait for an oficial announcement from SNK themselves
When I see a little banner on SNKP or even a little preview video announcing the game, like the one they did for KOF 13 arcade, then and only then I will start having tears of joy, on the meantime.....I'll just wait.

Amedø310

Orichinagi Live video with Frionel about KOF XIII: http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/Jw8KMTixKbVz

Eripio69

Quote from: AmedoS310 on April 22, 2011, 11:54:03 PM
Orichinagi Live video with Frionel about KOF XIII: http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/Jw8KMTixKbVz

So Frionel is just a fan of SNKp who has some "links" with SNKp? No tnx I am not buying. It is much easier for SNKp to put a "coming soon" banner on their official website than letting Frionel, whoever is he, spoiling things that we already know. Seriously I am so pissed right now.

Shiranui_ninja

Quote from: JohnCrawley on April 23, 2011, 03:18:55 AM
Quote from: AmedoS310 on April 22, 2011, 11:54:03 PM

So Frionel is just a fan of SNKp who has some "links" with SNKp? No tnx I am not buying. It is much easier for SNKp to put a "coming soon" banner on their official website than letting Frionel, whoever is he, spoiling things that we already know. Seriously I am so pissed right now.

Don't you? why? Who do you think frionel was? Yeah, he's just a KOF fan linked to KOF XIII developement team, what's wrong with that?  Man, after hearing this interview, I definitely buy it. Frionel sounds honest and well informed. I will remain confident to his words and will wait for the official annoucement, but now I'm calm.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature