Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 557581 times)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1965 on: May 05, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »
I never said liking SF4 is a bad thing. I'm one of those gamers that really doesn't look past what people hate or like. they can have fun defend or hating a game all they want since all that matters is what I like. For example, I like CoD Black Ops. I know for some reason the majority hate it, but I like the game cause it's fun. especially when playing with friends.

Hell, I hate the Metal Gear Solid series but that's just me. I can still see why people like it but I'd rather play Splinter Cell or Hitman. 

And speaking of Raiden, I guess I don't have a problem with him since I was such a huge Vader fan. To tell the truth, the one character that annoys me in this game(and quite frankly every single one she has been in since) is Kula.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 05, 2011, 08:04:52 PM »
Last I checked K' is way more dangerous than Raiden and he doesn't have any moves that do what you just described. You also need to consider the type of game you're playing. KOF 13 is a 3 on 3 game so 100% combos can be seen as 33%. He also needs full everything to deal that 33% damage.

Yun is way more bullshit in AE than Raiden is in 13. At least Raiden you can deal with dks by blocking, rolling, and playing safe.

Have fun turtling, blocking and playing safe against a grappler, not to mention a simple block string into a drop kick breaks your guard completely, opening you up for a big combo.

To me XIII's K' is like 3rd Strike's Ken, very solid overall but not completely BS.

It's not 100% unless they have at least 1-2 drive cancels and 2 supers EX shoulder tackles. Also you forget that during the time they charge for drop kicks, they can't roll, command grab, crossup, CD counter, hit low.  A good offense with frame trapping would be a good strategy, since his light attacks are 1 frame slower than most others. The drop kicks by itself have 11 frame start up as well, but it doesn't seem like it. Raiden is -4 frames on block, so it's not completely safe. A j.C, d.C, drop kick does not guard crush and will need to add more hits beforehand (not to mention some characters take longer to guard crush). Don't forget that even if he tries to, players can always CD counter if they have stock. I'd think of it as sacrificing defense and offense for big damage.

Yes the move is overpowered and should be nerfed, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Just need to learn the match up better.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:08:38 PM by Ash »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: May 05, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »
I'd just like to point out that liking Street Fighter 4 is not a crime.  ;)

Yun/Yang might be comparably to K', but not to Raiden. Raiden is really strong, and really hard to fight against, partly because he goes against the flow of the game. He can pretty effectively turtle, while charging the DKs. K' is better overall, but he still has to play (somewhat) aggressively. Theoretically, this opens up some holes in his defense, so you can punish him if he makes a mistake or you can read his moves. (THEORETICALLY.)

Raiden doesn't work like that. It's like chipping away at a fortress that's eventually going to explode.

Punishing someone if you have a good read or they make a mistake isn't an applicable argument cause that applies to everything haha. If you read a dropkick and time a roll so it finishes right as Raiden flies past you into the corner he can be punished. You can catch him blocking the wrong way with a crossup, not blocking high/low with a short hop game, he can be thrown. I'm not saying Raiden isn't an amazing turtle but there are still holes in a good turtling style.

Oh yeah forgot to mention this, I love AE haha but it does have problems.

snip.

Have fun turtling, blocking and playing safe against a grappler, not to mention a simple block string into a drop kick breaks your guard completely, opening you up for a big combo.

To me XIII's K' is like 3rd Strike's Ken, very solid overall but not completely BS.

I do play against Raiden like that once the timer hits about 45 seconds until he blows his drop kicks. If he's doing a block string that mean's he's pressing buttons and opening himself up and most of his specials are not that safe on block. Yes even DK isn't safe, I've been punished for randomly throwing it out before. If he blows a drop kick to break your guard he doesn't have time to 100% you anymore which is fine by me. Also if he's charging two drop kicks that means he's not command grabbing you. It also means he's not rolling or GCCDing unless he's an actual good Raiden player. I never played 3s that much so I can't comment on that comparison but K's problem is that he's solid. He has amazing offense and defense and amazing damage output.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: May 05, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »
It's not 100% unless they have at least 1-2 drive cancels and 2 supers EX shoulder tackles. Also you forget that during the time they charge for drop kicks, they can't roll, command grab, crossup, CD counter, hit low.

Raiden CAN do a CD counter while charging the kicks.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: May 05, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »
It's not 100% unless they have at least 1-2 drive cancels and 2 supers EX shoulder tackles. Also you forget that during the time they charge for drop kicks, they can't roll, command grab, crossup, CD counter, hit low.

Yes this is correct, this is something very important to remember guys Raiden is able to do CD counter while he is charging BOTH drop kicks.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:20:45 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: May 05, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »
Oh yeah hahah, but he'd only want to do with after the drop kicks are charged up, not before because you have to release D, then press CD to get it to combo.

Speaking of which if you know that Raiden is going for CD counter -> drop kick, you can bait it out with late jump attacks, land, block and punish.

By the way, I'd like you guys to understand we're not defending Raiden's drop kicks. We're more information about what you can do about the dropkicks, because it seems to me people have a hard time understanding that it's impossible to get around. I'm sure everyone would like to see the nerf, including myself. Personally I'm just sick of all the crying about the move, rather than doing that, constructive discussion for figuring out how to fight against it is better. I'm pretty sure SNKP knows how much people hate the move with a lot the Japanese players using him now so bitching about it here isn't doing any good.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:33:55 PM by Ash »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: May 05, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »

I wonder if it's easier to do it on a 2x2 config? Not sure if you go to the arcades in Japan, but do you see any advantage in using 2x2 config with Raiden?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 05, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »

I wonder if it's easier to do it on a 2x2 config? Not sure if you go to the arcades in Japan, but do you see any advantage in using 2x2 config with Raiden?

Yeah I've read somewhere on the Japanese forums about that. They say it's easier in 2x2 format.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: May 05, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »
Guys sorry if my question has been answered already.

How is XIII compared to XII in terms of graphics? Is it the same quality?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: May 05, 2011, 11:51:25 PM »
The sprites are the same but the game is more zoomed out.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 06, 2011, 04:57:31 AM »
The sprites are the same but the game is more zoomed out.

this
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 06, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »
Ah cause the sprites on XII on my PS3 look pixelated

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 06, 2011, 11:58:36 AM »
Ah cause the sprites on XII on my PS3 look pixelated

Sprites are made with pixels.

KOF XII has a huge size for characters in screen, and has the zoom in/zoom out like SS series. Now zoom has been removed, only used slighty for win poses and some DM and NeoMaxes. Chars screen size has been reduced, so they don't look so big and look a bit blurry, what means less obvious pixels. BUT, they are made with pixels anyway, so pixels are there.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: May 06, 2011, 02:06:03 PM »
I just feel the need to say that I adore pixel art. It makes the world a better place.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 06, 2011, 02:19:29 PM »
I just feel the need to say that I adore pixel art. It makes the world a better place.
+100

Some days ago I played KOF XII after been playing NeoGeo Station KOF'94. It was a long time not playing XII, and hey, when I looked those pixels I remember I thought "Man, this game looks gorgeous, how can people complain about its pixels? They are so sexy...!" I wish KOF XIII looks in the same way, I never supported remove zoom in/out or rescale characters. But when I see people still worried if XIII is pixelated the same as XII, I know it has been a wise decision from SNKP... :(
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature