Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 557254 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2085 on: May 20, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
lets be logical here now, if snkp sells their ip they have no means to make pachislot money, since all the pachislots feature snk/p characters. so no, i dont think they plan on selling shit.

at least i hope they dont...
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: May 20, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »
Frionel talked about SNKP is working on extra content (or at least extra content was/is planned), and he talked about feedbacks from online testers too. So, to work on possible DLC or extra content for console version and build a netcode which is being tested or it has been tested to do not release the game? Sounds really odd.
Maybe if we don't see XIII on E3 is because SNKP is not ready to show the game or they think is not the right place... To show in E3 costs money, and SNKP won't go to the event, so if somebody has to announce XIII must be its western publisher and maybe they don't have western publisher yet. Remember too that Frionel talked about SNKP is waiting for SFIV AE release, and this release in on late June.

I don't know, I'm just trying to imagine possible strategies and some reason to explain this silence. I think XIII is the last chance of SNKP, and probably they are acting in a very very cautious way. For me this make more sense that just through the window all the work and efforts putted into XII and later into XIII to solve XII mess. Why try to fix XII with XIII? To sell KOF rights? To shut down game division?

Let's be patient. I think we will see XIII in consoles someday, and probably it will be a good port. But maybe SNKP needs time for this and an apropiate time to announce it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:37:19 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: May 20, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »
Sorry but as I said in previous posts I ignore Frionel, Luther Bullsher a, B or C who say that they know things about XIII.

XIII has a lot of potential. Hell they should just rename it to combo the way u like game. Snkp knows that. If they have the money to make a proper release (which I doubt) and have a good publisher (doubt too) they will publish XIII. If KOF XIII fails as well then all this potential goes to waste and KOF's market value goes to 0 and becomes a history in fighting games.

Now if I were SNKp I would think "Does it deserve to publish the game or sell the rights now that fighting games are so popular?"

Selling the rights will make much more profit for them than publishing it that's true. If they plan to release XIII that means they will continue the series to 14, 15 etc. If they don't have the resources to do other sequels as well then someone takes over.

All this silence screams out that SNKp is at least thinking of selling the rights. Capcom already announced the release period of SSIVAE. What's keeping them from throwing a little bone to us?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: May 20, 2011, 09:19:44 PM »
OK, let's say they sell kof rights to another company. What happens to KOF XIII? Never see the light for consoles? Do you think SNKP has sepnd lots of money and resources to fix XII with XIII just to make it for arcades?

If I was SNKP, first I will try to finish console version of XIII, release it and try to sell it well and then sell the rights.

Probably in E3 will happen nothing related to XIII.. But let's see what happens after.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:24:08 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2089 on: May 20, 2011, 10:10:23 PM »
When's the last time an I.P. Owner has sold the rights to their biggest franchise to another publisher??

Why would they be putting SNKP characters in Queens Gate, Lord of Vermillion, various MMORPGs, and make a mobile cell phone game, and their Pachi-slot games, in order to sell the rights to what they've so deeply seeded?

It seems much more likely that they're just building up funding, because they are a small group who can't just throw money around everywhere. So they're building up funds on inexpensive projects (SNK collections, VC releases, NesicaLIVE ports, etc), in order to do their next big thing.

They're quiet because tossing in any "small bone" of info could fall flat if released around a time when something greater overtakes it.

Plus, if their small team has work full sail on something else, they might not have the ability to produce marketing stuff up to the calibur they desire, for their biggest project.

Have we gotten spoiled by the quick-media info that the internet and connective tech provide now? There are loads of games that SHOULD have ports, from JP arcades, they oddly don't (just look at all the Gundam VS releases, Border Break, LoV, the Shining Force arcade game, VF5 Final, etc). This is a company that still acts as almost every else did 5 or 10 years ago.

I look forward to seeing if anything happens at E3, but I'm really not expecting it, now. But it'll be a plesant suprise if it DOES happen!

And an interesting interjection: Death Smile 2 is the first Xbox Digital Import Games on Demand release game (with no translation, to boot!). Sony has done similiar for a while, and Arcana Heart 3 was recently relesed that way. Maybe this is an avenue SNKP could take? DS2 wasn't announced to be doing this until 7 days or so before it actually came out, also.

There's so many possibilities...

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: May 21, 2011, 03:57:53 AM »
^ I just hope SNKP decided to make a Disc version, I really prefer to have a Disc than Digital Download. Because that way I can just take the game and play it at a friend house, something you can't do with DD.

BTW I hope SEGA announce VF5R for consoles already! Shenmue 3 would be nice too! *stares at SEGA*

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2091 on: May 21, 2011, 05:23:24 AM »
^ I just hope SNKP decided to make a Disc version, I really prefer to have a Disc than Digital Download. Because that way I can just take the game and play it at a friend house, something you can't do with DD.

Actually, transfering a digital game is even easier, and takes up WAY less space!

As long as you bring your gamer profile with you (at least on 360?) you can download the game onto your friends system, free-of-charge.

And if you have a big enough memory card (Like Deathsmiles2 is under 2 Gigs) You can just load it onto the memory stick (along with your profile) and BAM!, instant game in friends system.

I used to lug systems my friends didn't have, and a huge part of my collection with me, when I visted them in the past... last time I visited a friend recently, I brought a few disk, and my entire XBLA collection through bringing my profile with me, and just DLing whatever he didn't have, while we played the disk (Not to mention the demos he had that I owned the full games for, converted to full under my profile.)

We both were constantly talking about how much easier this was, than the old "Carry the ENTIRE dreamcast collection with you!" days of days past. Reduces some much system/case wear-and-tear too (you could imagine how many cracked disk cases I had, carrying 20+ Dreamcast jewel case games stuffed into a backpack, lol).

I mean, I'd love a disk release (especially with an awesome manual + cover art, and maybe some preorder bonuses...), and would still prefer it. But I have to admit, having SamSho2, KoF98UM, 2K2UM, MOTW, NGBC, and FFSpecial, all a few button clicks away from each other, has become pretty spoiling!

Loading a 16 gig memstick with your profile + downloadable games has been the easiest way to introduce a friend to an army of games, that I've ever experienced.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: May 21, 2011, 05:29:55 AM »
Kawasaki Eikichi visited two chinese game industry parks on the last month.
http://www.yxj18.com/news/1/276.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:37:50 PM by a11111357 »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: May 21, 2011, 07:27:12 AM »
@SAB-CA: I can't really say anything regarding the 360, I rarely play my 360. But the way you explain it, it seems it works almost the same as the PS3 share system, but only limited to 5 PS3s. Still the problem with DD is that you require to be connected to the internet and sometimes when I go with friends we go to the garage and put several screens and then plug the systems to them to have a mini tournament. So most of the time the systems aren't online. But then again that is my situation and reason why I prefer Disc than DD.

@a11111357: What does the article say?  Anything interesting?

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: May 21, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »
@SAB-CA: I can't really say anything regarding the 360, I rarely play my 360. But the way you explain it, it seems it works almost the same as the PS3 share system, but only limited to 5 PS3s. Still the problem with DD is that you require to be connected to the internet and sometimes when I go with friends we go to the garage and put several screens and then plug the systems to them to have a mini tournament. So most of the time the systems aren't online. But then again that is my situation and reason why I prefer Disc than DD.

@a11111357: What does the article say?  Anything interesting?
The last time Kawasaki Eikichi visited New Channel Co. was 3 years ago.This time the CEO of New Channel Co. guided for Kawasaki Eikichi.They visited chinese top2 game industry parks.Kawasaki Eikichi was surprised about their improvement and showed a great interest in cooperation and chinese market.The remaining half of the article is introducing snkp and Kawasaki Eikichi.
I think it means that snkp does not abandon games.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:38:11 PM by a11111357 »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: May 21, 2011, 08:23:52 AM »
The last time Kawasaki Eikichi visited New Channel Co. was 3 years ago.This time the CEO of New Channel Co. guided for Kawasaki Eikichi.They visited chinese top2 game industry park.Kawasaki Eikichi was surprised about their improvement and showed a great interest in cooperation and chinese market.The remaining half of the article is introducing snkp and Kawasaki Eikichi.
I think it means that snkp does not abandon games.

Oh that is awesome, hopefully it is true that SNKP doesn't abandon the gaming division! Thanks for the summary.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: May 21, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »
Yeah, although hopefully it doesn't mean that they'll outsource the development of any future KOFs to China.  ;)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: May 21, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
this pretty much confirms blisset was talking with his ass cheeks.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: May 21, 2011, 05:57:11 PM »
I though that the boss was no longer related to the company

cool

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: May 21, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »
good to see his is, his name was always the last one in the credits of every game on my neo.