Author Topic: Skull Girls  (Read 38575 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Skull Girls
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2012, 03:15:44 AM »
anyway hows the netcode?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2012, 03:21:50 AM »
Had one match on West Coast, ran fine. So far so good, and unlike a lot of fighters the filtering is absolutely perfect, total 180 compared to 3SOE, AND you can adjust the GGPO Delay before you start a match with a person.

It's so refreshing to see such commonsense and simple things implemented.

BUT The training mode sucks. You can't set the dummy to block or jump or whatever. Plus there's no movelist. Goody. Thank god for SRK forums.

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2012, 03:30:39 AM »
Had one match on West Coast, ran fine. So far so good, and unlike a lot of fighters the filtering is absolutely perfect, total 180 compared to 3SOE, AND you can adjust the GGPO Delay before you start a match with a person.

It's so refreshing to see such commonsense and simple things implemented.

BUT The training mode sucks. You can't set the dummy to block or jump or whatever. Plus there's no movelist. Goody. Thank god for SRK forums.

yeah i noticed that last part in the demo dont know what them dudes were thinking hope the patch that in soon like really soon

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2012, 03:39:34 AM »
They got one free patch, so you better hope it's in that.  If not, well too bad, you have to wait until Skullgirls sells enough to warrant them having to pay for another patch.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2012, 04:08:45 AM »
Plus there's no movelist.

Great on everything else, but even if there really is a first time for everything, that's the last thing I'd expect ANY fighter to omit, unless Mike Z was going for that really old arcade "discover it own your own" feel thats still negated by online guides.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2012, 04:22:03 AM »
You mean online movelists pdfs that are already posted on the Skullgirls Official Site and posted all over SRK?  Yeah, one can wonder how such a lack of care can be taken there.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2012, 05:09:02 AM »
So who's down for tomorrow night?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2012, 05:25:42 AM »
mmmmm parasoul and dat delicious kneesocks alt

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2012, 05:43:15 AM »
Had another match, I think the guy was East Coast but it was 102 ping. Had a few hiccups but my moves still came out.

I'm not feeling the gameplay though. I was never a fan of long Marvel combos and this game really favors that shit. If you have ratio 1 (1 character) versus ratio 3 (3 characters der) you're kinda' fucked and you absolutely have to know those long ass combos that do big damage or you just get lamed out. Unless you're a fighting game god I think you absolutely need to have at least a team of 2 to stand a chance.

I'm not pissed off about it though, it was only $15 and if it sends a message regarding netcode than it's for the better.

Of all the fighters I've played online this is just like GGPO Garou or KOF98 or the old Kaillera days (I never had a big problem with Kaillera as far as lag, I would just desync after 5-10 minutes) I just wish the gameplay was more to my liking... Fuck. No lie. But I would pay $200 for a version of 3S that played like this online, if it was just like offline or really, really fucking close than that's all I need. Fuck the world. Seriously.

Rant over.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 05:46:06 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »
mmmmm parasoul and dat delicious kneesocks alt

Pics or it didn't happen.
OK seriously, i'm going to bed in a minute, but i hope to see some alts tomorrow, also i hope someone post a link to see them all.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
servers still aren't up on xbox >_>

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »
It's a problem on Microsoft's end.  Mike_Z is working getting them to fix it.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2012, 08:09:27 PM »
It's a problem on Microsoft's end.  Mike_Z is working getting them to fix it.
he need to just go and tager buster everyone there

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2012, 08:17:26 PM »
It's apparently fixed.  Restart the game.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2012, 08:46:36 PM »
Had another match, I think the guy was East Coast but it was 102 ping. Had a few hiccups but my moves still came out.

I'm not feeling the gameplay though. I was never a fan of long Marvel combos and this game really favors that shit. If you have ratio 1 (1 character) versus ratio 3 (3 characters der) you're kinda' fucked and you absolutely have to know those long ass combos that do big damage or you just get lamed out. Unless you're a fighting game god I think you absolutely need to have at least a team of 2 to stand a chance.

I'm not pissed off about it though, it was only $15 and if it sends a message regarding netcode than it's for the better.

How many times does it need to be stated that this is like Marvel? Also, if you're getting lamed out, you really need to step up your Marvel approach game, because this game has 2/3 for 1s.

Loving Valentine and Cerebella so far, but I can't seem to click on combos for Cerebella though.