Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread

Started by krazykone123, July 26, 2010, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remzi

MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Diavle

SAB-CA

Quote from: Mr. Grando on June 23, 2011, 05:17:18 AM
2011-06-18 KOF XIII 第3回関西対抗戦 兵庫 VS Kyoto Final Part1

I have to note, I REALLY like this Maxima, for a few reasons.

1> His liberal use of down ;c and actually attempting to guard point everything really reminds me of the way I like to play Maxima. Not to mention that he normally had him second, but played him like a last; he wasn't afraid to spend those meters, because Maxima can land BIG DAMAGE with the simpliest stuff...

2> He basically turned Maxima into Raiden! He made him nearly impossible to approach, changing the opponents gameplay style. He answered almost every jump-in with a fantastic anti-air throw. He had people afraid to approach him. He basically forced each opponent to play the game by a different set of rules than you would use aganist any other character, by exploiting his strengths in frustrating ways.

Just so many great moments! Auto-guarding invincible reversals, absorbing wakeup DPs, crossing up K' fantastic jump game, devouring No. 17's Shen Woo (I was suprised; he made it much harder for Shen to work than I expected!), using the buffed Guardpoints on stand ;d to totally throw off Raiden's jumping assaults, mixing people up so that they tried to reversal in the gaps of Block string -> ;c Vapor KANNUN...

There's just no other character in fighters who has such a unique defensive system as him ^_^ He's like a walking personification of a hoplite phalanx formation; guard always up, while spears are ready to stab at you, as you attempt to attack.

MUSOLINI

maxima kicked ass, but why the fuck did he fuck up soo many times in the last round. he could have easily killed that last player when he went hd mode with andy. everytime he hit hit he didnt hd cancel to kill but just continued to do single hits. that sucked.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

solidshark

I'm really impressed with IceBlast's style in-general. His Maxima is very offensive, working well with a lot of the defensive qualities. Like a castle wall advancing on soldiers trying to climb up it, almost makes him unstoppable. But overall, it's great to see IceBlast go for broke with meter; surprisingly that doesn't happen often in most recorded matches, unless your K'.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

SAB-CA

So his name is IceBlast. Thanks for dropping that bit of info, Solidshark! It's a bit annoying to figure out such names, especially when you don't even have the ability to copy/paste the info from anything... (lets not even begin to talk about typing it out with an English keyboard, lol)

Diavle

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_co66AR5Yp4

You guys seriously need to check out that vid.

Excellent Athena play, she's so damn fast. The guy did a pretty neat looking HD combo. The recovery on her reflector thingy is really something (she can run up and combo after it).

Check out the insane Duolon play right after, the guy did 2 OCVs. I can really see this character moving up the ranks, his offense is relentless (and looks badass to boot).

And what the heck happened at 1:48? Ash's fireball completely beat K's DM, the glasses flew right by him too. The guy's Ash is really effective overall, probably the best one I've seen yet.

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfdioxKlFno&feature=player_detailpage#t=384s

^Nice HD setup with Robert.

DarKaoZ

Does someone have an idea who the heck is the DuoLon, Athena, Ash team guy? All the videos of his are damn amazing.

Kane317

Quote from: Diavle on June 23, 2011, 08:46:01 PM
Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_co66AR5Yp4

You guys seriously need to check out that vid.

Excellent Athena play, she's so damn fast. The guy did a pretty neat looking HD combo. The recovery on her reflector thingy is really something (she can run up and combo after it).

Check out the insane Duolon play right after, the guy did 2 OCVs. I can really see this character moving up the ranks, his offense is relentless (and looks badass to boot).

Yeah I agree, it's the same guy from the page before right?  I already added some of his vids to the Duo Lon thread.  The guy's not too flashy but his basics are spot on.  The flashiest thing is using Ex Rekkas and he knows exactly how to use it well.

EDIT: That DL guy is totally reading everything the opponent does, I found this "read" so funny.

Remzi

Now that I realized Duo is a setup-based character (his stuff always sets up into something else), I'll use him.

Anyways, amazing Athena gameplay. I came buckets when I saw that midscreen HD juggle.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

SAB-CA

Just a note, that Athena HD juggle had been seen months ago, but I have a rather hard time finding out where, again. It is pretty nice, though; Athena's new normals (compared to older KoFs), plus versatility offa teleport for drive cancels, seem to work very well for her.

I always liked the fact that Duo Lon can combo his "Command normals" together at distance. It was used once in that vid, and he made great use of the fwrd+;a in his combos, which probably scales down damage some, but also most likely builds a bit more meter. It was great to see him use the projectile to cover/add complications to his approaches. Not many really seem to attempt that with him, and it's a shame, as it seems to work really well in certain situations.

Lin might not show up in XIII, but Duo looks like a fun mix of him + SFIV Dhalsim, with his own original flare for good measure. Quite appealing play style, I have to say; it's like he's a "trap" character, that depend on HIMSELF to lay the traps, rather than just standing across screen and spamming crap on screen, a style which I've always found fairly boring...

asociale

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sangec777#p/u/5/wyNGJKMy0xM

The King of Fighters Xiii Ryo Sakazaki Wallside HD Combo

with "How to do"

is this new?
It s been uploaded a few days ago.
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Rex Dart

Quote from: asociale on June 24, 2011, 05:42:54 AM

with "How to do"

is this new?
It's new to me. Actually, this is the first time I can remember seeing Korean XIII videos. Thanks!

If it was possible to have too many awesome new XIII videos to watch, I'd say we have too many. Still going through the ones ReXXX posted. Nice stuff.

asociale

Quote from: Rex Dart on June 24, 2011, 07:10:02 AM
Quote from: asociale on June 24, 2011, 05:42:54 AM

with "How to do"

is this new?
It's new to me. Actually, this is the first time I can remember seeing Korean XIII videos. Thanks!

If it was possible to have too many awesome new XIII videos to watch, I'd say we have too many. Still going through the ones ReXXX posted. Nice stuff.

In the after credits's combo (bonus movie) Ryo 's sprite seems MR KARATE from NGBC! lol didnt know there was this in the actual game
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!