Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread

Started by krazykone123, July 26, 2010, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUSOLINI

in the second vid, the ralph user, his terry reminds a lil bit of mr kofs.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

GoldenGlove

Thanks for the links. Great mature in those vids.

DarKaoZ

HaxMurderer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sasm2qvjQeY

I heard Infinity went bald after the second match, shit just fell out.

SAB-CA

^ That was Part 9, Part 8 was also listed at the same time:

2011 04-24 KOF XIII カーニバル 大会動画-part8

In the first group of fights, have to say, I liked the mixup Duo used to end the first match, at around 2:50. Shen also does a nice semi-reset/trap a bit before that.

In the second group, Ralf providing yet another set of beatdowns. I kinda don't like this one as much as the Youku vid player (uses less variety, over-abuses Vulcan punch on block), but he provided a pretty strong showing overall. Seeing Clark land a (small) HD combo is a pretty rare occurance, too...

Regarding Part 9:

That had to be one of the most well-rounded uses of Maxima (MA-KU-SHI-MA!) I've seen. Used all his tools really well, some solid setups, very good use of close C to stop crossups, great traps with the EX Press, nice Dash-in 1-frame Press... just solid all around. The fact he pretty much devoured a K' in seconds, was really quite pleasing to watch, haha.

Also, was kinda nice to see Joe "FADC" a Tiger (knee) Kick for an assured win. Should also be a good setup for his Golden Heel / Bakuretsu Punch loop.

The Shen / Iori final was down to the wire, and was really a good example of how evenly matched the 2 are, now. Would Iori have wiffed his DM if he went for the EX version, towards the end?

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, really enjoyed those matches you posted, a1!! Thanks again ^_^

solidshark

Man, Goro is now one of my favorite players to watch play XIII. Between Joe's cancel Tiger Knee into Slash Kick, and making Maxima look like a hidden top tier. Infinity was so close in that last match too.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

HaxMurderer

Quote from: solidshark on May 23, 2011, 02:22:55 AM
Man, Goro is now one of my favorite players to watch play XIII. Between Joe's cancel Tiger Knee into Slash Kick, and making Maxima look like a hidden top tier. Infinity was so close in that last match too.

Wakeup Shen Upper to EXHaymaker for the win? Infinity got trolled.

Kane317

Quote from: SAB-CA on May 22, 2011, 10:38:17 PM
In the first group of fights, have to say, I liked the mixup Duo used to end the first match, at around 2:50. Shen also does a nice semi-reset/trap a bit before that.

That mixup from Tenka is like his trademark, if you goto the Duo Lon thread I've compiled some of his vids and you see him using it all the time.  Definitely something I've stolen and tried incorporating into my gameplay.  The Shen trap is fresh but it doesn't seem like it's as inescapable as his sweep into a fully charged qcf+P (opponent must tech roll the sweep).

That had to be one of the most well-rounded uses of Maxima (MA-KU-SHI-MA!) I've seen. Used all his tools really well, some solid setups, very good use of close C to stop crossups, great traps with the EX Press, nice Dash-in 1-frame Press... just solid all around. The fact he pretty much devoured a K' in seconds, was really quite pleasing to watch, haha.

I remember Arcadia predicting that Maxima would be super popular at the SBO '10 due to his high damage output; he turned out the only pick to be incorrect (K' and Raiden were just as popular as they presumed).  It'll be sweet if it comes full circle and ppl start picking up Maxima again.

Also, was kinda nice to see Joe "FADC" a Tiger (knee) Kick for an assured win. Should also be a good setup for his Golden Heel / Bakuretsu Punch loop.

Don't forget you cannot [DC] if the special is blocked (unless in HD), so it's harmless to always go for a cancel.

The Shen / Iori final was down to the wire, and was really a good example of how evenly matched the 2 are, now. Would Iori have wiffed his DM if he went for the EX version, towards the end?

Iori would have to just delay the Ex DM but it'll connect after the dp+C, just requires some slight timing.

Quote from: HaxMurderer on May 23, 2011, 06:38:22 AM
Wakeup Shen Upper to EXHaymaker for the win? Infinity got trolled.

Shen's qcf+K is always a good setup for his DM.  Even if there were no counter msg, as long as the opponent is high enough, the qcf K allows a free juggle so players should always be ready to rip a DM after it.

MUSOLINI

mature in chinese vids was good.

that goro using maxima was really damn good, one of my favorites so far, along with the 2 guys from kaoru and obviously oogosho (where the fuck are his vids? dude was dope as fuck?).

nice showing of shen and iori being as good as each other.

quick q: characters above shen & iori in tiers?

k

raiden

maxima

lizzy

kyo

anymore?

though we dont see good kyos that often anymore. mistake, great kyos, good ones are quit a few actually.

marchefelix

Is it just me, or are all these KOF XIII players deathly afraid to use their NeoMAXes? And whenever they do use them, it's usually within a Max Cancel. Why can't they use them more?

I'd love to see the following scenarios:

1) You are Chin, and you jump towards your opponent. Your opponent jumps towards you as well. That's when you punish them with your NeoMAX (I heard it can be done in the air).

2) You are Maxima. Your opponent is an opponent that has a projectile. And that's exactly what he does. So you take this opportunity to fire your lazor at him.

Thoughts?

MUSOLINI

i would do it, most wont. to do that you do have to be confident in spending your bars though. so if im facing somebody really strong id punish with an ex dm instead of a nm, unless it kills them or its the final roun and it kills them. i wouldnt do it if its my 3rd character and im facing my opponents 1st character.

Shiranui_ninja

PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Xxenace