Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Powerup 2011

Started by LouisCipher, April 30, 2011, 06:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syxx

i was gonna post justin wong vs dark geese in NGBC but mysteriously i can't find the video

so many comments over a 5 person tournament lol

Dark Geese

Quote from: syxx on May 05, 2011, 11:05:20 PM
i was gonna post justin wong vs dark geese in NGBC but mysteriously i can't find the video

so many comments over a 5 person tournament lol

He is good in NGBC (Triad would agree even, but wait what do I KNOW RIGHT??) , but he is NOT in KOF... (Oh yeah remember WE TIED FOR 1ST IN THAT TOURNAMENT DAN, HE DIDNT WANT TO RUN IT BACK IN GRAND FINALS!!!)

I thought about trolling like Dan, but mysteriously ooohhh, I decided to be a better man and NOT TO DO IT.

He (Justin) even said the ONLY game he would money match me in ...is..NGBC..

No KOF, nothing else. That's the only game he actually stands a good chance at playing me in!!!! (Garou MOTW too because I don't play it.)

But again..NOT KOF.

So many comments over a 5 man tournament? Well because to many they see what I have been saying all along- it's basically that Justin Wong is playing not so good competition that is how he is winning and that history just continues to repeat itself over and over again.

Plus if this is what it is going to take to get more people playing, so be it! They see this, will train up and try to make sure Justin doesn't get these easy wins anymore!

desmond_kof

Quote from: Dark Geese on May 05, 2011, 11:12:24 PM

I thought about trolling like Dan, but mysteriously ooohhh, I decided to be a better man and NOT TO DO IT.

Yeah, that type of shit will not be tolerated here, syxx. Keep it up, and you will be dealt with accordingly.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dojo Destroyer

It doesn't really matter how many people were in the tournament, it only matters who was in it. Apparently Justin Wong entered this one. Dandy J should also get his due for putting in the effort. It shouldn't really be a big deal since J.Wong is a Street Fighter player and if he didn't MM in Minnesota when he was here, then we should probably forget about it. Only way to find out if he'll enter is to setup a pre-registration for KoF and other games as well.

Dark Geese

Quote from: Dojo Destroyer on May 05, 2011, 11:30:34 PM
It doesn't really matter how many people were in the tournament, it only matters who was in it. Apparently Justin Wong entered this one. Dandy J should also get his due for putting in the effort. It shouldn't really be a big deal since J.Wong is a Street Fighter player and if he didn't MM in Minnesota when he was here, then we should probably forget about it. Only way to find out if he'll enter is to setup a pre-registration for KoF and other games as well.

Raging Storm Minnesota I can try to set up a pre-registration! With all due respect Webster also told me Dandy J really didn't even play or focus on KoF that weekend, he was all into MK9 so he really only went in the KoF section just to enter the tournament then he was all over MK9.

Dojo Destroyer

Quote from: Dark Geese on May 05, 2011, 11:32:51 PM

Raging Storm Minnesota I can try to set up a pre-registration! With all due respect Webster also told me Dandy J really didn't even play or focus on KoF that weekend, he was all into MK9 so he really only went in the KoF section just to enter the tournament then he was all over MK9.

Yeah, I forgot. Ohio's gaga over MK. Lol! That's MK country over there. Btw, did anyone find out who won 2k2 over there?

Dark Geese

Quote from: Dojo Destroyer on May 05, 2011, 11:36:33 PM

Yeah, I forgot. Ohio's gaga over MK. Lol! That's MK country over there. Btw, did anyone find out who won 2k2 over there?

I haven't heard anything about it yet so don't know if it actually happened I will check with Webster though.

THE ANSWER

Well what you guys don't know is that Justin has been secretly training with the SoCal KOF crew. That's why he won hhohohohohohohohohoh

j/k :)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

Quote from: THE ANSWER on May 05, 2011, 11:58:51 PM
Well what you guys don't know is that Justin has been secretly training with the SoCal KOF crew. That's why he won hhohohohohohohohoh

LOL well he needs to train up with Mexico and DG to solidify his training.. ;)

Kane317

Quote from: Dark Geese on May 06, 2011, 12:09:29 AM
Well what you guys don't know is that Justin has been secretly training with the SoCal KOF crew. That's why he won hhohohohohohohohoh

LOL well he needs to train up with Mexico and DG to solidify his training.. ;)

=(   /OT

desmond_kof

Raging Storm Minnesota I can try to set up a pre-registration!

On top of that why not we try to add a bonus pot for a few of the SNK titles too? Shit, I will chip in for that...especially to help those whom are traveling make it more worth their while.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BiGGDaddyCane

Yeah the Comp for KOF at Powerup as i saw was just.....well damn. At least they streamed it. Had hella people who didn't know shit about KOF asking in the chat room what is this game. Even a few people i read in the chat room said KOF looks far more technical then Street Fighter which is cool.

I was hoping at least Dandy J would of done a little better but he did ok. Also, Necro I played you before on GGPO you solid IMO man. If you would of went to PowerUp I could of easily seeing you get top 3 in this small tourney man.

At least the streamed it bottom line. Over 6 thousand people was watching IRC. So dats cool and a large majority of the people who didn't know shit about KOF seem to be entertained by it and give it its respect.

BTW
It was funny how they where calling Heavy D! the Balrog of KOF. Lol that mofo dont charge lol.

Dark Geese

Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on May 06, 2011, 05:43:53 AM

Raging Storm Minnesota I can try to set up a pre-registration!

On top of that why not we try to add a bonus pot for a few of the SNK titles too? Shit, I will chip in for that...especially to help those whom are traveling make it more worth their while.

Okay that may work I'll see if I can timing is going to be everything but I will try to make a bonus pot for the SNK games which ones do you think we should add it for? (Obviously 13 being one)

Mr.KOF

I don't want to bash Justin Wong. He's a smart player in general. He should be able to win against casual players in KOF by playing smart. Would he win against a veteran? Most certainly  not...but at least he's not bragging about being great at KOF.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Mr.KOF

Well what you guys don't know is that Justin has been secretly training with the SoCal KOF crew. That's why he won hhohohohohohohohohoh

It's true what the answers has said....Justin wins in KOF while I win in Sf4! Gotta balance it out somehow =P

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF